EFL Verdict

DCFC90

The fact these clubs want to sue us actually illustrates what a morally incompetent, corrupt bunch of idiots reside with the EFL. 

Furthermore I have never had such little interest in football in general as there is no fair playing field for any team. We are only guilty of trying to compete in an unfair system. We should now sue the Premier League for forcing us into this position. 

If Wycombe sue Derby, the club should counter sue Wycombe with a slander lawsuit. 

Derby would have to prove the following: Wycimbe made a false, defamatory statement about Derby, knowing it was a false statement. The statement does not fall in any privileged category.

If Wycombe sued Derby, they would have acted negligently when they published the statement which you would assume related to Wycombe being effected by Derbys accounting methodology which an efl panel had previously decided was not an illegal accounting method and at time when it would be very difficult for Wycombe to proof that they were an injured party.

Wycombe not having been in the same league as Derby in the years at which Wycombe claim a mishap happened.

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Seeing as we were a division or two above them for the years relating this supposed discrepancy and seeing as last year our running costs would have been well within limits, not forgetting they got relegated because they had a 20 stone carthorse up front they can **** off.

As they've accused  Derby County of systematic cheating despite us declaring our calculation variance years ago and this process still be ongoing  and are effectively making a veiled threat to push us into administration, my immediate thought would be sue them instead and turn there shed into a car park.  Wycombe Wanderers not worth the **** of our shoe.

The thing is the efl have just stood by and allowed this media circus to spiral 

basically someone somewhere , that twit at boro probably put the idea in their heads that they had a case to claim against us to further fuel gibsons drive to make us pay for him hiring Paulis to spunk away his millions 

the efl arnt fit for purpose and it worries me they’re allowing in fact stiring the media / social as well into thinking we’ve “cheated” things like the interchangeable fixture list .. just add fuel to the fire 

a clear and concise statement would have been the right thing to do 

not this endless circus 

We won't be playing in L1 in 21/22.

However, the damage being done is via the embargo and ownership issues. 

My feeling is we will be seeing a hefty points deduction this season linked to our accounts when they are finally published. Possibly not for 2016-2018, but for 2019-2020, which are the late ones, and the ones responsible for our embargo? Yes, I'm pretty sure they will cause us a big points deduction.

We have a tiny squad that isn't good enough and can't add players to it. Plus -15 points or so? Can't see anything but relegation I'm afraid. 2022-2023 could well see us in the third tier.

Hopefully I'm wrong, please God almighty, I'm begging you I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

We won't be playing in L1 in 21/22.

However, the damage being done is via the embargo and ownership issues. 

My feeling is we will be seeing a hefty points deduction this season linked to our accounts when they are finally published. Possibly not for 2016-2018, but for 2019-2020, which are the late ones, and the ones responsible for our embargo? Yes, I'm pretty sure they will cause us a big points deduction.

We have a tiny squad that isn't good enough and can't add players to it. Plus -15 points or so? Can't see anything but relegation I'm afraid. 2022-2023 could well see us in the third tier.

Hopefully I'm wrong, please God almighty, I'm begging you I'm wrong.

-15? You only get - 12 if you're completely bust. 

On the EFL scale that would imply a massive overrun. I thought that we'd pretty much written off most of the worthless assets so we're just shuffling amortisation costs backwards and forwards across the years. I can't see how restating our accounts is suddenly going to find 30 or 40m of new losses. 

Anya wasn't hiding his family in the cupboard was he? ?

Stoke City legend Mike Pejic had suggested the punishments dished out in cases such Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday are being issued on the wrong people.

He said: "A 12-point penalty punishes the players, the staff and the fans – it is the efl who sanctioned that takeover who should be in the dock.

"The focus (for the efl) now should be on coming up with rules and procedures to make sure that they never make this mistake again, making sure that this kind of disaster is not inflicted on some other poor wretches. Instead, the punishment is dolled out on the poor wretches!"

So teams: Birmingham, Sheffield wednesday, Wigan, Macclesfield.

These teams could and should have been protected.

What Derby did with amortisation was not against the rules at the time, it was not against established accounting practice.

The efl did not like that Derby did it, but just because you don't like something that someone does does not make it illegal.

The rule book was established by the efl and their own rules at the time did not make amortisation accounting policy wrong at the time when Derby did something that the efl did not like.

In Sheffield wednesdays case it was decided to not add a points deduction retrospectively but to add it to next season and then at appeal to further reduce that total to six points.

Now the efl are creating two fixture lists and stating any points deduction in Derbys case can be added retrospectively.

Case law points to efl needing to follow by example what they did for Sheffield wednesday.

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Stoke City legend Mike Pejic had suggested the punishments dished out in cases such Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday are being issued on the wrong people.

He said: "A 12-point penalty punishes the players, the staff and the fans – it is the efl who sanctioned that takeover who should be in the dock.

"The focus (for the efl) now should be on coming up with rules and procedures to make sure that they never make this mistake again, making sure that this kind of disaster is not inflicted on some other poor wretches. Instead, the punishment is dolled out on the poor wretches!"

So teams: Birmingham, Sheffield wednesday, Wigan, Macclesfield.

These teams could and should have been protected.

What Derby did with amortisation was not against the rules at the time, it was not against established accounting practice.

The efl did not like that Derby did it, but just because you don't like something that someone does does not make it illegal.

The rule book was established by the efl and their own rules at the time did not make amortisation accounting policy wrong at the time when Derby did something that the efl did not like.

In Sheffield wednesdays case it was decided to not add a points deduction retrospectively but to add it to next season and then at appeal to further reduce that total to six points.

Now the efl are creating two fixture lists and stating any points deduction in Derbys case can be added retrospectively.

Case law points to efl needing to follow by example what they did for Sheffield wednesday.

What's pejic up to these days? 

My opinion on the situation:

Will Wycombe sue? Probably not. More likely it’s just sabre rattling

Will the EFL appeal? Probably not. Even they might eventually realise it’s time to move on and, apart from seeing us relegated last season, they have got what they wanted - a punishment and enforcement on Derby to rework their accounts that may lead to a further punishment.

Will Derby appeal? Probably not unless they appeal an EFL appeal. 

Will we get a points deduction next season? I have no idea but, surely it would have to be less than 12 points

Will Rooney leave if all the above happens? Probably not

Assuming we’re allowed back, will I still go? 100% yes regardless of who the owner is (I support the club not the owner), who the manager is, what league we’re in or what (if any) points deduction we face.

5 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

The threat is to sue us for cheating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57604421

Using that logic we can go back and sue QPR and Villa as they broke FFP when we lost in the playoffs. That's two loads of Prem money that'll sort us right out.

What a clown. Gobbing off when Wycomb should have finished 9th the season they came up. Back your box.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I thought that we'd pretty much written off most of the worthless assets so we're just shuffling amortisation costs backwards and forwards across the years. I can't see how restating our accounts is suddenly going to find 30 or 40m of new losses. 

? exactly. Any additional amortisation costs pushed back into the 2016-2018 year ends will reduce amortisation/impairment costs in the 2019 & 2020 year ends by an equivalent amount.

It actually improves the position for the more recent years, so it'll be perfect when costs get pushed back into 2016-2018  and we're still within the £(39m) loss limit due to the stadium sale ?

15 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Exactly these points.  If the EFL appeal the decision and the final - I assume appeals can’t go on forever - the surely it will apply next season.  The text below is from the original Sheff Wed so anyone with  common sense and a half decent lawyer would refer to this precedent…

28D74B5F-4C8D-4875-945C-337C17E49396.jpeg

The major issue for me isn’t the jurisdiction or the appeal, it’s the ongoing embargo that feels like it’s designed to strangle the club from moving forward.

With what will be a poorly delivered preseason, we’ll be scraping the barrel to bring players in who are fit to compete with 2nd Division standard players.

If wages are capped for us, then it’s shown that we can’t compete with the likes of Peterborough, never mind the West Brom’s of the division.

Until they introduce a salary cap like in the 3rd and 4th Divisions, we pretty much are swimming against a faster moving tide every year.

And we know that the salary cap will never come to fruition because the big boys in the top division will not like it and threaten to remove our share of the scraps.

49 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

-15? You only get - 12 if you're completely bust. 

On the EFL scale that would imply a massive overrun. I thought that we'd pretty much written off most of the worthless assets so we're just shuffling amortisation costs backwards and forwards across the years. I can't see how restating our accounts is suddenly going to find 30 or 40m of new losses. 

Anya wasn't hiding his family in the cupboard was he? ?

Mistyped, I meant -12. My assumption was on the track record of the EFL, they'll go for as much as they possibly can, then we're back on to the neverending cycle of appeals again to say any more stability out of the club

6 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

The threat is to sue us for cheating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57604421

Lolz.

That case would go nowhere.

Judge would say "this was resolved by the EFL process that Wycombe agrees is the mechanism to resolve this as part of its membership of the EFL."

His beef is he doesn't like the outcome or the time the process took, again, that's on derbys head how? 

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

I thought member clubs were prohibited from suing each other, and agree to submitting to the EFL disciplinary process as final arbiter. Otherwise it’d be chaos. 

Pretty sure that’s the case - also banned from suing the EFL.
Folk need to remember that getting to the Championship was Wycombe‘s day in the sun - the biggest thing that has ever happened to them. Now, after failing miserably to stay up, they have an opportunity to be in all the papers again and be interviewed on the radio and on TV. The EFL verdict was like all their Christmases rolled into one and they will milk it as far as they possibly can…expect far more tweets and crowing to the press about how they’ve been cheated out of their rightful place - to be fair it’s all that they’ve got….

"What Derby did with amortisation was not against the rules at the time, it was not against established accounting practice.

The rule book was established by the efl and their own rules at the time did not make amortisation accounting policy wrong at the time when Derby did something that the efl did not like

That sums it up nicely.  Nothing illegal, a loophole exploited at the most, up to the EFL to tighten the rules if they don't like it, it's completely unacceptable to punish a club just because they failed to close their own loophole before!

Sack the EFL!

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I am quite amused by the wycombe lawsuit thing though.

Who do they sue? the EFL for not regulating properly? DCFC for not being relegated? DCFC for being in breech of accounting practice when wycombe weren't in the league? If wycombe sue, won't every club want in on it - after all they all played matches against dcfc so all would have a claim? I'm pretty sue Gibson wanted MFC to sue us at one point.

Any lawsuit wycombe try to bring would be based on what exactly - the process by which we've been tried for these charges is set out in the league rules which wycombe agree to as part of being in the league. they didn't like the outcome of the process? Lobby to change the process...

And then why shouldn’t we sue QPR and Villa for far more significant amounts if clubs go down that route. We would have a far stronger case than a club that wasn’t in the division when the issue happened