EFL Verdict

DCFC90

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Said this many times throughout this fiasco but the biggest problem the EFL have is that chairman can talk about open cases about other clubs without scrutiny. It makes no sense why that’s allowed to happen, no matter what I think about what Mel or this situation. It’s an ongoing process and no one external should be able to comment on it until it’s complete

6 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

And Villa who smashed FFP to bits the year they beat us in the Play Offs. Happened to us twice 

This.  We really need someone to step in i.e. the Government (never happen).  The sheer bloody-mindeness by the EFL to see us completely destroyed absolutely beggars belief.  Derby have to have all their ducks in a row by now.  Accounts and a full list of precedents (QPR, Villa & Wednesday to name just 3 but there must be more). If we don't have any of that then we're not worthy full stop.

And as for Wycombe, a club fairly close to heart as they're just down the road from me, they're having a laugh.  They only got promotion through PPG, not through overall merit over a season, plus finished bottom 3 with few injuries, consistent management, no Covid issues and no transfer embargoes.  Do one. 

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I have no doubt following the Rotherham 6 games in hand scenario from last season they would try and hold our fixtures back for a month.   

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Not here to argue LCR but I went on the Bristol City forum earlier to get their take and someone on there quoted rule 28/2 (I think) and apparently the EFL have the power to suspend both ours and Wycombe’s games should they choose.

Remember, I’m not saying that can/will happen, it’s what I read on there tonight. It was news to me and something that came as a bit of a shock, I never new such a rule existed. 

I suspect the appeal process & threats of litigation would kick any final decision so far down the track so as to remove suspension of fixtures as an option.

That said, hope Kieran Maguire is right (for a change) & our accounts are compliant. That would be the only way both sides could 'save face' & suspect EFL would back off at that point.

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It was farcical they signed off the purchase of Wigan then put them on a 20 point deduction within a few weeks. Is anyone surprised. I have no doubt in the race to finish us off they will make a monumental slip legally -think we're about at that point.

Absolutely.  How the hell are they regulated.  I go through all sorts of emotions over this, none of them good. 

The more I think about it, the more i feel "a bit" less worried - what we were found guilty of was using an ilegible accounting practice which was only determined to be ilegible through this process. The upshot being the fine and we have to resubmit out P&S figures.

The basis we should be deducted points on what we have actually been found guilty of seems excessive, when what should naturally follow is the *presumed* massive pile of ? that was hidden behind the accounting method.

As it stands, the current ruling will bring out the things that were "hidden" but the fine is, in the view of th EFL, not sufficient for the "trying to hide" aspect of it. Which would be all well and good if not for the fact they knew and understood what we were doing at the time we were doing it. It's a practice used in other industries, even though it is now determined we cannot use it in this context.

I'd be a little bit surprised if we get relegated by the appeal - even if we get 3 points for "trying to hide behind the ammortisation practice" putting it onto last season after the process has taken so long is dramatic. and to put it onto last season "because Wycombe would really like that to be the case" seems drastic.

We'll know more when we see the full report, but I've clamed down and think it's going to suck, but we'll probably start next season on -3 or nothing further *until the charges based on the new figures land*

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I really don’t see why the EFL are a disgrace, we “bent” the rules, I think we would all agree we broke a number of rules. Therefore we should take whatever punishment they want to dish out. I think only one party is a disgrace and it’s Derby County Football Club. 

We were fined £100k by an independent panel that was appointed by the EFL on the value of amortisation on the players. Which in their eyes meant, they did not agree on the valuation figures. On the very first panel we were cleared on all accounts, so the EFL appealed and had this latest panel (picked by them, and I read somewhere that this panel did not have a finance/lawyer involved). They could not touch us on the sale value of Pride Park. I think that once the season is completed, there cannot be any adjustment of teams points. So I see this has a witch hunt about it and appeasement to make Wycombe and other teams feel good.

The disgrace comes in, on the fact we are looking at the clubs accounting for 2017/18 and 19 seasons. All the accounts for each season were submitted at the end of each season to the EFL which they accepted. The EFL waited until 2020 to lay a charge after constant nagging pressure from a chairman of another Championship team. The EFL have moved the goalposts several times with their rules and regulations and still they get it wrong. Good accounting and shifting of assets is done in lots of companies and not just football clubs.

I feel the panel were under pressure to please the EFL, hence the £100k fine and asking for the accounts to be resubmitted. Giving us a date of the 18th August means the EFL would have a hard job to give us a points deduction on last season when a new season would be already underway. We would also then have rights to appeal, which would then take months of process. By then the season would be into Christmas time or beyond. Yes the EFL are a disgrace, they accepted our accounts every end of season, they wait another year with FFP accounts charge (including the sale of Pride Park). We win the case, then they appeal, set up a new panel and they won't let go.  We were fined on a valuation accounting of amortisation on players not a rule, but a disagreement of our accounting valuation.  YES THEY ARE A DISGRACE

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

We were fined £100k by an independent panel that was appointed by the EFL on the value of amortisation on the players. Which in their eyes meant, they did not agree on the valuation figures. On the very first panel we were cleared on all accounts, so the EFL appealed and had this latest panel (picked by them, and I read somewhere that this panel did not have a finance/lawyer involved). They could not touch us on the sale value of Pride Park. I think that once the season is completed, there cannot be any adjustment of teams points. So I see this has a witch hunt about it and appeasement to make Wycombe and other teams feel good.

The disgrace comes in, on the fact we are looking at the clubs accounting for 2017/18 and 19 seasons. All the accounts for each season were submitted at the end of each season to the EFL which they accepted. The EFL waited until 2020 to lay a charge after constant nagging pressure from a chairman of another Championship team. The EFL have moved the goalposts several times with their rules and regulations and still they get it wrong. Good accounting and shifting of assets is done in lots of companies and not just football clubs.

I feel the panel were under pressure to please the EFL, hence the £100k fine and asking for the accounts to be resubmitted. Giving us a date of the 18th August means the EFL would have a hard job to give us a points deduction on last season when a new season would be already underway. We would also then have rights to appeal, which would then take months of process. By then the season would be into Christmas time or beyond. Yes the EFL are a disgrace, they accepted our accounts every end of season, they wait another year with FFP accounts charge (including the sale of Pride Park). We win the case, then they appeal, set up a new panel and they won't let go.  We were fined on a valuation accounting of amortisation on players not a rule, but a disagreement of our accounting valuation.  YES THEY ARE A DISGRACE

We were found guilty on one charge by the ‘first panel’ the findings were challenged.  
the club has been found guilty and have accepted that they were not clear on the basis of their methodology.

the 18th is about the restated accounts not about the guilty verdict

the appeal is to the LAP and their decision cannot be appealed 

apart from that you are spot on

9 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

And he probably overpaid him, the Boro fans should demand an enquiry.

Rick Parry must launch an investigation into MFC being unfairly disadvantaged by Mel Morris not stopping him from hiring Tony Pulis. "Many championship chairmen are livid that DCFC haven't been punished"

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

Daily mail ...

Rooney is ready to walk away from Derby if they are relegated to League One

The Rams could be relegated if they get a retrospective points deduction

Rooney has made it clear privately he does not want to manage in League One

As it stands Rooney has only nine senior players to work with for pre-season 

12 minutes ago, Spanish said:

We were found guilty on one charge by the ‘first panel’ the findings were challenged.  
the club has been found guilty and have accepted that they were not clear on the basis of their methodology.

the 18th is about the restated accounts not about the guilty verdict

the appeal is to the LAP and their decision cannot be appealed 

apart from that you are spot on

The LAP can only be looking at the significance of the accounting irregularity though (not the impact on P&S balance) so a points penalty for that on its own would not seem proportional?

If a big points penalty was assigned for minor (which I think is safe to assume it is based on prior rulings) accounting deviation then it would set a big precedent for other things in the future I would have thought. IE If every time a small accounting problem was found in any other clubs accounts they got points would everyone think that is correct.