EFL Verdict

DCFC90

I think EFL won't stop this crusade until they see us either in League One or in admin. They are a complete joke and bunch of morons and the only way they can imagine to save their faces is "win" against us. 

They will continue harassing us for years to come with yet again new appeals until they get what they want.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So we don't even have to submit the accounts until 11 days after the season has started, so why the EFL even bothered to put two fixture lists out is beyond me.

The EFL are completely mental. 

Does that mean Wycombe could take our point totals and we take theirs ?

4 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Because the DC had the opportunity to punish on but passed it back to the LAP . I understand that any appeal is now with the LAP not DC . Could be wrong but that is my understanding

thinks that's what @SamUltraRamsaid?

LAP could have decided on punishment they handed it back to DC.  DC have decided on a fine if EFL appeal it goes to LAP who will undoubtedly give a points penalty but maybe they will say it is applied 21/22.  No appeal to their decision

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

The line in the official statement about re-submitting our accounts by 18th August means we are surely starting in the championship next season. All we need to do is sit on them until we're a few games in.

But then we’d be under an embargo of some form right up until the season starts, then the reviewing of them would push us past the end of the transfer window so wouldn’t be able to sign anyone until Jan (apart from free agents). Damned if we do and damned if we don’t. 

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

LAP could have decided on punishment they handed it back to DC.  DC have decided on a fine if EFL appeal it goes to LAP who will undoubtedly give a points penalty but maybe they will say it is applied 21/22.  No appeal to their decision

LAP are the ones who gave the fine and i think any appeal goes to them not back to DC 

1 minute ago, Rample said:

The line in the official statement about re-submitting our accounts by 18th August means we are surely starting in the championship next season. All we need to do is sit on them until we're a few games in.

there are 2 matters, the penalty for the breach which may be applied 20/21.  There is an investigation now which requires resubmitted account and any penalty will be applied 21/22

Just now, Rample said:

Surely that just means for the resubmitted accounts which will bring about new charges if they fail. Not sure if that’s been mentioned before or I’ve misinterpreted it but that’s how I’ve understood the statement. The fine could potentially be overturned into a points deduction although would be extraordinary if that happened. If the EFL appeal the fine and it’s turned into a points deduction couldn’t there be court hearings etc brought about by Derby, it would drag on surely. 

I expect championship football next season but this is worrying and we may have a few years of struggle ahead sadly unless things change dramatically. 

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Isn't this just supposition. Why wouldn't the DC review their penalty - the EFL if they appealed would have to put forward a case? Why would it go to the LAP who have already passed on it?

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Sorry, why will they ‘undoubtedly’ give a points penalty? There are many steps between a £100k fine (+reprimand) that don’t equal a points penalty.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

We will have used it to provide us with further leg-room, to enable us to remain active & competitive in the transfer market for more than just freebies & loans,  whereas following the standard method would have simply seen us stay within limits but have no power / room / money to sign anyone.

In other words, the reason we've used ourmethod isn't in order to keep within limits, it's to push them.

Theoretically, anyway.

Do we know that's the case Coconut or are you speculating?

11 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

So we have to look forward to ....

Option 1:

Derby are relegated and Wycombe are reinstated. The takeover talks rumoured to be ongoing probably collapse because they'd now be getting a League 1 club. The upcoming season we struggle in League 1 due to a lack of players and yet more off-field problems.

Option 2:

Derby aren't relegated but are hit with a points deduction which, when combined with the lack of players and inability to improve the squad much, ensures out fate is pretty much already sealed and we have a season of getting battered every week. The takeover probably falls through because there's now even more uncertainty over punishments and appeals relating to the old updated accounts which takes an age to conclude. 

Both result in a season of misery for Derby fans and even more bad press. ?

I'm all for realism and all that but you really are in the glass half empty camp...

3 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Can we just admit defeat. Mel was trying be a clever baalocks with all the amortisation policy, it hasn't worked, he wants gone. Let him go, let us hold our hands up and say we were wrong and just move forward. It's getting boring now.

How do you propose that might easily happen? ?

7 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

LAP are the ones who gave the fine and i think any appeal goes to them not back to DC 

103. We should, however, say that it would be more sensible for the DC to determine a sanction on both the second and the fifth particulars, albeit that would require consent. It is very unsatisfactory that different tribunals determine different parts of the overall sanction, albeit in the present circumstances we regard that as the effect of the rules. We invite the EFL to consider agreeing that the DC should determine the sanction on both particulars. We hope that such agreement will be forthcoming.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Isn't this just supposition. Why wouldn't the DC review their penalty - the EFL if they appealed would have to put forward a case? Why would it go to the LAP who have already passed on it?

I think there is only one route for an appeal and that is LAP?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How do you propose that might easily happen? ?

Accept whatever EFL throws at us. We've clearly tried to be clever and it has been a never-ending cycle of the EFL trying to have our pants down. Football is played in the back rooms now, not on the pitch. Appeals galore in the Championship, all because of the allure of the Premier League. I'd much rather go to my local semi-pro team and support them than Derby at the moment.