**DCFC Fans Player Of The Season**

Carnero

**DCFC Fans Player Of The Season**  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Colin Kazim Richards for me with honourable mentions for Byrne, Bielik, Shinnie & Clarke

The stats don't really do justice to how influential Kazim has been this season - although his 8 goals & 2 assists were directly responsible for winning us 21 points (practically half our total) & that with a trickle of chances all season.

Bielik's influence was rightly cited as instrumental in our upturn from Nov-Jan but I would argue Kazim was just as important. His hold up play time & time again got us up the pitch & his quality of vision and technique meant that having secured possession, he would enable us to build attacks in the final 3rd.

Then there's the intangibles - the most vocal character in the team (de facto captain), his defiant stand against the Millwall racists & playing the back end of the season through a hip injury. Oh & having to turn around fan opinions of him as a waste of a signing last September.

An absolute leader, a crucial part of why we stayed up & I'm delighted he's staying with us next year.

10 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Colin Kazim Richards for me with honourable mentions for Byrne, Bielik, Shinnie & Clarke

The stats don't really do justice to how influential Kazim has been this season - although his 8 goals & 2 assists were directly responsible for winning us 21 points (practically half our total) & that with a trickle of chances all season.

Bielik's influence was rightly cited as instrumental in our upturn from Nov-Jan but I would argue Kazim was just as important. His hold up play time & time again got us up the pitch & his quality of vision and technique meant that having secured possession, he would enable us to build attacks in the final 3rd.

Then there's the intangibles - the most vocal character in the team (de facto captain), his defiant stand against the Millwall racists & playing the back end of the season through a hip injury. Oh & having to turn around fan opinions of him as a waste of a signing last September.

An absolute leader, a crucial part of why we stayed up & I'm delighted he's staying with us next year.

Just got to hope the rest does him good, he comes back fully fit and Rooney starts allowing him to drop deep and link play again.

Edited by Coconut

Can't see the CKR love myself. 

Can't see how a forward can win in a season where we scored the fewest goals. I know he was struggling with injuries but just having a good attitude doesn't make you POTY. 

I think we need better than him next year or we're destined for a difficult time of it. 

I voted for Clarke who has remained generally cool under pressure and is our best header of the ball. 

Without him our defence would have crumbled completely. 

But - it's all about opinions! 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Can't see the CKR love myself. 

Can't see how a forward can win in a season where we scored the fewest goals. I know he was struggling with injuries but just having a good attitude doesn't make you POTY. 

I think we need better than him next year or we're destined for a difficult time of it. 

I voted for Clarke who has remained generally cool under pressure and is our best header of the ball. 

Without him our defence would have crumbled completely. 

But - it's all about opinions! 

I voted Clarke for much the same reason. We've got some serious issues in that position next season with him.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

13 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Just got to hope the rest does him good, he comes back fully fit and Rooney starts allowing him to drop deep and link play again.

The prospect of him dropping deep with a fully fit Jack Marriott playing off the shoulder of the last man would be mouthwatering. Add to that Bielik & Bird dominating midfield and Jozwiak/Lawrence causing carnage off both wings. I'll maintain to my last breath we have the framework of a very good team at his level.

Never happen of course.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

8 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

The prospect of him dropping deep with a fully fit Jack Marriott playing off the shoulder of the last man would be mouthwatering. Add to that Bielik & Bird dominating midfield and Jozwiak/Lawrence causing carnage off both wings. I'll maintain to my last breath we have the framework of a very good team at his level.

Never happen of course.

It might happen as a way of playing, but not with Marriott he's inconsistent and injury prone. Hopefully we can sell him and save his wages.

They were all rubbish...

But the player I would most like to give a big old masculine manly heterosexual, no-strings-attached man hug to, whilst listening to The Walrus of Love warbling My first, My last, My everything, in the background is...

Oh... where'd he go?  Hey Colin... come back, bro... 

Byrne for me. 

Second comes Kazim for that Bielik-style huge contribution in a short time when he first came into the team and gave everyone a huge and unexpected lift, which coincided with points on the board. People will no doubt say it was all down to Bielik but Kazim was a totally unexpected success in an area we were woeful in. Yes he tailed off but a) he was injured towards the end of the season, b) was playing a lot of games for someone his age and not used to the intensity of the league and c) history would suggest that he wouldn't sustain it. But that initial influence was huge and to be fair to him he kept on contributing even having gone off the boil. 

Honorable mention to Clarke, Shinnie and Bielik. 

20 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Never happen of course.

Oxymoron heaven given the evidence thus far.

Marriott hasn't been properly fit for two seasons now and even when he was he flitted in and out of the team. Whether it's physical or mental or both who knows? But it would take a Lazarus-style recovery to come back to be a regular big hitter at Derby again.  

Bielik and Bird. The evidence doesn't look great for Krystian at the moment that he will be a 46 game a season player. I hope I'm wrong because at this level he's superb. Bird needs to improve quite a lot before he dominates anything. 

Jozwiak might come good, he had a couple of decent games at the end of the season. Nothing to suggest Lawrence will be anything than what he's always been, which is decent but causing carnage? Hardly. 

Still, I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for your last breath so I hope you're right. 

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It might happen as a way of playing, but not with Marriott he's inconsistent and injury prone. Hopefully we can sell him and save his wages.

Yep. Sadly you're probably right. Also question marks about his application - I expect him to drift down the leagues on that basis alone.

13 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Oxymoron heaven given the evidence thus far.

Marriott hasn't been properly fit for two seasons now and even when he was he flitted in and out of the team. Whether it's physical or mental or both who knows? But it would take a Lazarus-style recovery to come back to be a regular big hitter at Derby again.  

Bielik and Bird. The evidence doesn't look great for Krystian at the moment that he will be a 46 game a season player. I hope I'm wrong because at this level he's superb. Bird needs to improve quite a lot before he dominates anything. 

Jozwiak might come good, he had a couple of decent games at the end of the season. Nothing to suggest Lawrence will be anything than what he's always been, which is decent but causing carnage? Hardly. 

Still, I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for your last breath so I hope you're right. 

Strongly disagree on Bird & hope you're wrong about Bielik. I believe Jozwiak & Lawrence's main issues are a lack of space/alternative threats & a pacey striker (probably not Marriott I accept) would keep defenders both honest & a lot deeper so opening up space for them both to start doing their thing. Tempo of attacks will also blunt their effectiveness - we have either been very slow moving the ball around or the other extreme, launching long hoofs to no-one in particular. Creative players will struggle with either service.

It's an interesting poll this, not least by the limiting number of options, albeit probably the right ones.  I went for Byrne, just based on overall consistency through the whole season.  Bielik is our class act but hasn't played enough to warrant player of the season IMO.  Shinnie, although he went missing a couple of times was a close runner to Byrne, but then Clarke saved our bacon on so many occasions, so I can understand the love for him.  Colin worked his socks off and deserves to be on the list. Jason Knight fell away in too many games for me - maybe him, maybe the system, not sure but wasn't consistent to warrant my vote.  Could add Kamil to that albeit not named on the list - loads of potential but went AWOL in too many games.  Buchanan deserves a mention too I think; was thrown in at the deep end and I think overall did really well.

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

It's an interesting poll this, not least by the limiting number of options, albeit probably the right ones. 

Yeah I didn't want all the hilarious cads who vote for the worst player to be able to ruin it ?, I just listed the ones I thought had a credible claim, there's not many not on the list that played more than 20 games (probably only Marshall & Wisdom). Other than Bielik anyone playing less than half the games can't possibly have a claim.

49 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah I didn't want all the hilarious cads who vote for the worst player to be able to ruin it ?, I just listed the ones I thought had a credible claim, there's not many not on the list that played more than 20 games (probably only Marshall & Wisdom). Other than Bielik anyone playing less than half the games can't possibly have a claim.

It’s almost like you’ve been here a while and know what this forum is like ?