**DCFC Fans Player Of The Season**

Carnero

**DCFC Fans Player Of The Season**  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, bcnram said:

Sorry to butt in on your little tete a tete but it is a bit obvious. 
with very, very few exceptions when young players come through to the first team, they need managing, as in not being over played. Sadly we had little alternative cos we are very short of senior players. From what I could see, the manager did try to protect and rest them as much as possible. 

Young players need to come into a team with good senior players with the right mentality, we are definitely not over blessed in that department. 

Young inexperienced players learn on the pitch by example, an older head adjusting their position, helping them out or giving some encouragement. Derby have some great young talent, we lack the right players to put them on the pitch with. 

I appreciate that you seem to spend a lot of time wanting a change of manager. I am more interested in us creating the right environment on the pitch, even if it means selling some young talent to finance it. 

As I said, sorry to butt in. ?

Yes I did suggest as much in my very first reply but well it was ignored. Again it was late and I should have stopped replying. I stand by my reply to 'Rooney not being interested in youngsters development' statement:

"I'm sure I'm not the only one who has watched U23 games and heard that Rooney is watching. He's included lots of youngsters in the first team squad. Consider what a very difficult end to the season it's been and then whether the youngsters needed some protection from that? Was it an interview with Curtis Davies where he said how difficult the youngsters had found things? 

Next season will give us a better clue as to how the youngsters are coming on. IMHO obvs.

Edited by RoyMac5

It’s Beilik for me. And quite the opposite reason that his missing so many games made many people put their vote elsewhere.

Because he missed so many games, he is the least responsible for the absolute rubbish the players and coaching staff served up to us most of the time. 

And when he did play ............ WOW!!!

13 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Don't apologise, it's a forum ?

Youth development is a complicated skill - you have to navigate the dips in form, make sure they aren't overplayed whilst they are getting used to the level (as per your point) but also carefully manage confidence. We currently have a manager who plays young lads out of position, has called them out in public & drops them a lot quicker than more experienced players performing badly. No idea how any of that is conducive to their development & that's why I'm arguing there is a clear link between Rooney's management of the young lads & the lack of youth impact on the first team this season. It's also telling how Cocu got Bird, Knight & Sibley firing last season despite the team being in a similarly precarious position around New Year - that is a manager who knew how to introduce & develop youth.

Re wanting a change of manager & creating the right environment - I would point to players like Kazim, Waghorn, Marshall, Shinnie & Davies who are all experienced & have a positive mentality. The key problem is having an incompetent manager at the helm.

Well I agree with Davies for sure. Three of the others are wrapped up in their own game. I would go for Shinnie for POS and keep Rooney as manager and hoping that he gets a better hand to play with than he has been dealt this season. 

18 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Its obvious he has little interest in their development & it runs totally counter to what the supposed strategy for the club was. 

Got to back Roy upon this one tbh, not the rest of the discussion just this point.

That statement simply isn't true imo.

Whilst I'd agree that Rooney has mishandled their development it doesn't mean he doesn't care about or isn't interested in it.

He's just a rookie manager with no experience in handling such matters, making mistakes.

Edited by Coconut

45 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Got to back Roy upon this one tbh, not the rest of the discussion just this point.

That statement simply isn't true imo.

Whilst I'd agree that Rooney has mishandled their development it doesn't mean he doesn't care about or isn't interested in it.

He's just a rookie manager with no experience in handling such matters, making mistakes.

Didn't say he had no interest or didn't care, of course he will keep tabs & work with what he has but he appeared to more readily trust experience to match the pragmatism of his overall approach. Hence youth integration was further down his list of priorities (or little comparative interest) which I believe then contributed to some of the questionable treatment.

Cocu by contrast was very measured in how he approached their integration, even when results were bad/pressure was on....this then paid dividends from Jan to March last year.

As I've highlighted, the relegation threat was similiar year on year as was the respective squad strength & experience. On the evidence so far, I don't see how this will improve next season (which was my underlying point)