**DCFC Fans Player Of The Season**

Carnero

**DCFC Fans Player Of The Season**  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If a player comes on as a sub with 5 minutes to go and his teams 1-0 down, player scores two goals to win it 2-1, that player gets MOTM. 

He may not have played all season but regards Bielik, what he did in the games he did play is what kept us in the Championship. 

Byrne and Shinnie very close behind but it has to go to Bielik. Plus him winning this may make him want to stay at the club. 

16 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

If a player comes on as a sub with 5 minutes to go and his teams 1-0 down, player scores two goals to win it 2-1, that player gets MOTM. 

He may not have played all season but regards Bielik, what he did in the games he did play is what kept us in the Championship. 

Byrne and Shinnie very close behind but it has to go to Bielik. Plus him winning this may make him want to stay at the club. 

If you want him to stay vote for someone else we usually sell our player of the year. 

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

Who are people voting for in the young player Sammy Crooks trophy? 

I have voted for Buchanan because this has really been his breakthrough year. But harsh on Knight, who has played most matches by far. 

Yep Buchanan for me too. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I have voted for Buchanan because this has really been his breakthrough year. But harsh on Knight, who has played most matches by far. 

Bobby Duncan 

Legendary status despite rarely setting foot on the pitch! 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Bobby Duncan 

Legendary status despite rarely setting foot on the pitch! 

Thankfully he is not on the shortlist. Not because he might not be a good player eventually, but if he was I expect people would be voting for him.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Tough call considering how they've all gone backwards in the past 6/9 months.

Back end of last season it was highly competitive with Sibley, Knight & Bird all worthy contenders but all 3 have really struggled this year. Buchanan has probably overall improved the most from end of last season but even then was being kept out of the side by an out of form Forsyth by the end of this season. Good to see Louie Watson have a couple of encouraging cameos off the bench also - sadly his one start went badly wrong. Struggling for a winner to be honest.

Don't want this to turn into yet another manager bashing session but it really depresses me how our Academy graduates have got on compared to last August. Its obvious he has little interest in their development & it runs totally counter to what the supposed strategy for the club was. Anyone who watched Bird, Sibley & Knight between January & March last year would've known these were special players & needed handling properly - not playing them out of position, calling them out in public & dropping them on a whim.

20 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Its obvious he has little interest in their development & it runs totally counter to what the supposed strategy for the club was.

No, this is not obvious at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has watched U23 games and heard that Rooney is watching. He's included lots of youngsters in the first team squad. Consider what a very difficult end to the season it's been and then whether the youngsters needed some protection from that? Was it an interview with Curtis Davies where he said how difficult the youngsters had found things? 

Next season will give us a better clue as to how the youngsters are coming on. IMHO obvs.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, this is not obvious at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has watched U23 games and heard that Rooney is watching. He's included lots of youngsters in the first team squad. Consider what a very difficult end to the season it's been and then whether the youngsters needed some protection from that? Was it an interview with Curtis Davies where he said how difficult the youngsters had found things? 

Next season will give us a better clue as to how the youngsters are coming on. IMHO obvs.

OK Roy, try & square this one. After a thoroughly undeserved draw away at Wigan on Boxing Day 2019, we were 6 points off the bottom 3...not entirely dissimilar to a year later. At that point Cocu gave Bird his first start v Charlton & he and Knight were the catalysts to our improvement (2 Knight goals & 1 Bird assist even when down to 10 men for 70 mins). Sibley came into the side later in January (initially in the Cup) & then made a big impact a few weeks later. All 3 were also very good post-lockdown.

Compare & contrast with their form under Wayne Rowett this season.

Table after Boxing Day fixtures 2019;

20210521_201740.jpg.c1f7a2398e44ec0c6cf1c7ead16b8523.jpg