Shay Given

Ibby

Noooooooo I hope not, that ONE corner routine he invented that we scored from ONCE was so amazing that Rams and Sky TV had to mention it every time we got a set “developed by Shay Given” piece. Unfortunately one swallow doesn’t make a summer and our goal keepers have useless since he’s been here. 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

We've had problems in the goalkeeping department for the whole time Given has been with us. Of course Eric Steele was excellent, as was Zuby. Yes we had a brief spell when we became dangerous at set pieces, but then we stopped that for unfathomable reasons. I appreciated his loyalty when Frank and Jody buggered off, but at the same time I was hoping he'd have gone with them. 

1 hour ago, OUTSIDER said:

Since his time here our goalkeeping problems 

A. got worse

Or

B. got worse 

Harsh to blame Given as our goalkeeping coach is Jason Pearcey.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Harsh to blame Given as our goalkeeping coach is Jason Pearcey.

not blaming all in him.... but, if a top class goalkeeper is in you management team i expect improvement , one of our problems has been the goalkeeper 

13 hours ago, Ibby said:

Shay Given any true he is leaving.

Do you have a source - your mate, your mum, someone down the road?  I've had a bit of a Google (other search engines are available) and can't find diddly.  Just wondered where you heard this.......

8 hours ago, OUTSIDER said:

Since his time here our goalkeeping problems 

A. got worse

Or

B. got worse 

Not the best to judge him on that. We had Carson before who is a better keeper than Marshall Or Roos. I don’t think the goalkeeping position is priority at the moment. Keepers are decent, just not as good as Carson was. 

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

You dont think we are more of an attacking threat from corners?

We were more of a threat from corners for 1 game and then it went back to normal.

Personally not that bothered if he goes, but appreciate he stayed loyal when Frank went. If Rooney is staying id rather he be allowed to choose his own back room staff, so get rid of Rosenior as well