Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

Ryan Woods from Stoke could be a free agent - although CDM is low down on priority.

Barry Douglas being released - 31 now though and looks like he's going to Rangers.

Jimmy Dunne - CB from Burnley - hasn't signed a contract yet with them as he wants game time. Would be an excellent signing in my opinion 

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I like CKR and I like Sibley, but 30 goals Vydra and Nugent scored between them in 1 season...30!!! ?

Could you imagine CKR and Sibley getting 20 between them?

Actually, I could and quite easily so. Better service from the wing and playing Sibley in a free role as a second striker and I'm pretty confident they'd both hit double figures even though they are hardly optimal pairing. 

Of course, Sibley won't be played anywhere close where he should be and support from the wings will continue to be non-existent if we don't replace Lawrence and Waggy properly. But I can daydream, can't I?

Edited by Dimmu

58 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Actually, I could and quite easily so. Better service from the wing and playing Sibley in a free role as a second striker and I'm pretty confident they'd both hit double figures even though they are hardly optimal pairing. 

Of course, Sibley won't be played anywhere close where he should be and support from the wings will continue to be non-existent if we don't replace Lawrence and Waggy properly. But I can daydream, can't I?

Good point, play Sibley in his natural position and watch him go, if only though hey.

As for CKR, you can definitely see a man that if he is enjoying his game he will score goals, he is a good player with it too. 

53 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Albert Adomah being talked about. Only 7 starts for QPR last season. Is this what we have come to ?

Well, if we want Lawrence and Jozwiak to be our main wingers they need backups. Adomah was one of the best goal contributors from off the bench last season

22 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

if we want Lawrence and Jozwiak to be our main wingers

If we want this then it’ll be another low season in the GF column. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

If we want this then it’ll be another low season in the GF column. 

Both can be creative players. Lawrence has the ability, Jozwiak has also shown when player a certain way he can be a threat too (his form for Poland has been good recently) at this level, you can’t complain about having those 2 as your starting wide men. We were the 4th worst team In the league last season. To upgrade every position will be too big an ask. The priority positions have to be centre back and forward, you would imagine. Start there and then think about other positions.

On 02/06/2021 at 14:17, DCFClks said:

Ryan Woods from Stoke could be a free agent - although CDM is low down on priority.

Barry Douglas being released - 31 now though and looks like he's going to Rangers.

Jimmy Dunne - CB from Burnley - hasn't signed a contract yet with them as he wants game time. Would be an excellent signing in my opinion 

Think Ryan Woods might be a good shout to cover Bielik. Better than Shinnie or alongside until we know how Bielik will fair.

Woods stock at Brentford was high but they do seem a club who build players then sell them to see them go backwards. 

Management is all about getting the best out of players you have at your disposal, even those you don’t fancy (see Marriott) as you may need to call on them and if they think you believe on them or have a system to suit then it’s half the battle.

Some players named on here make interesting reading and I dare say we’ll come up against many of them and go, we should have had him.

Gangway D from the terrace

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Both can be creative players. Lawrence has the ability, Jozwiak has also shown when player a certain way he can be a threat too (his form for Poland has been good recently) at this level, you can’t complain about having those 2 as your starting wide men. We were the 4th worst team In the league last season. To upgrade every position will be too big an ask. The priority positions have to be centre back and forward, you would imagine. Start there and then think about other positions.

If we have to play a front 3 then we need 3 new players. We finished fourth from bottom (just) and scored the lowest number of goals in years with those two as our attacking threat. They’re not good enough unless we want to finish in the bottom four again. 

On 02/06/2021 at 14:19, Dimmu said:

None of our attackers will do anything as long as Rooney's in charge  

1 hour ago, GangwayD said:

Management is all about getting the best out of players you have at your disposal, even those you don’t fancy (see Marriott) as you may need to call on them and if they think you believe on them or have a system to suit then it’s half the battle.

Some players named on here make interesting reading and I dare say we’ll come up against many of them and go, we should have had him.

But with Rooney's style of play, no attacker in the league would do well. Does it matter what players we sign? and why would anyone want to join us? 

I still believe if Marriott could get rid of his injuries and play in a system that suits him he'd be a top player in this league.  

4 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Not sure if his been released but would love to see someone like Barry Bannen at Derby still a brilliant player. 

Recall that when we played them he had already signed on for the following season, nobody else had