Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

41 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would like to think he has an idea of how he will want us to play, next season will be the proof of it.

He mentioned during the season when asked about his playing style that he was changing it game by game depending on opponent hence the multiple formation changes. I think he got an idea, it did well then Bielik got injured, then he couldnt find anything that worked. Then during the international break he used the break to get the team training and focused in attacking in a 442 with Waggy/Gregory upfront and 1st half vs Luton it worked fine but they got injured and he had to find another way which didnt help only having a half fit CKR for the last set of games. In his recent newspaper article he said the following...

Screenshot_20210606-150458_Samsung Internet.jpg

There's the idea and then there's the execution. 

The dismal thing is that it's pretty certain we're going to have to tolerate whatever Rooney comes up with until we either get a new owner or Morris realises that the club is going to be an even lesser attraction to buy plying it's trade in League 1

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's the idea and then there's the execution. 

The dismal thing is that it's pretty certain we're going to have to tolerate whatever Rooney comes up with until we either get a new owner or Morris realises that the club is going to be an even lesser attraction to buy plying it's trade in League 1

To be fair he didnt have the players to execute it, if Waggy/Gregory stayed fit they would have probably played in a front 2 for the remainder of the season. He tried the likes of Lawrence & Sibley off CKR or upfront together but it didnt work as CKR is a target man rather than someone to run in behind.

Yes he got a lot wrong and id personally prefer someone else in charge but lets be real, injuries affected a lot of what we could do on the pitch. Bielik out, chopping and changing of cbs due to injuries, 2 out of 3 strikers being injured leaving a half fit CKR which meant teams could stifle our play pretty easily as we had no plan B really other than CKR or an unnatural striker.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

To be fair he didnt have the players to execute it, if Waggy/Gregory stayed fit they would have probably played in a front 2 for the remainder of the season. He tried the likes of Lawrence & Sibley off CKR or upfront together but it didnt work as CKR is a target man rather than someone to run in behind.

Yes he got a lot wrong and id personally prefer someone else in charge but lets be real, injuries affected a lot of what we could do on the pitch. Bielik out, chopping and changing of cbs due to injuries, 2 out of 3 strikers being injured leaving a half fit CKR which meant teams could stifle our play pretty easily as we had no plan B really other than CKR or an unnatural striker.

I hear all that but look at what you're saying - Bielik isn't certain to be fit at the start of the season, Waghorn isn't certain to be be here at all. So a lot of the reasons or excuses or whatever you want to call them for the atrocious end to the season will still be incumbent next season, does this mean then it's OK to expect the same outputs from Rooney again?

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I hear all that but look at what you're saying - Bielik isn't certain to be fit at the start of the season, Waghorn isn't certain to be be here at all. So a lot of the reasons or excuses or whatever you want to call them for the atrocious end to the season will still be incumbent next season, does this mean then it's OK to expect the same outputs from Rooney again?

Given it took 12 months last time for him to start back in first team (and a little bit longer to get back to full sharpness/fitness) I'd have said its pretty much certain Bielik won't be fit at the start of the season.

That's my default assumption I have to say. I guess the confirmation will come when the report back for duty happens on July 1st.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would like to think he has an idea of how he will want us to play, next season will be the proof of it.

He mentioned during the season when asked about his playing style that he was changing it game by game depending on opponent hence the multiple formation changes. I think he got an idea, it did well then Bielik got injured, then he couldnt find anything that worked. Then during the international break he used the break to get the team training and focused in attacking in a 442 with Waggy/Gregory upfront and 1st half vs Luton it worked fine but they got injured and he had to find another way which didnt help only having a half fit CKR for the last set of games. In his recent newspaper article he said the following...

Screenshot_20210606-150458_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well, developing a style of play during those last 16 games couldn’t really have brought a worse return could it?

50 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I have zero expectations so perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised ?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Well i would expect rooney will bring in players this summer to play in the style he wants. Before all the talk of no money etc etc we will still bring players in this summer

24 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well, developing a style of play during those last 16 games couldn’t really have brought a worse return could it?

Probably not and im not defending him for not trying to implement a style as I think he should have. My whole point is that he chose not to, meaning none of us actually know what his chosen style will be going into next season so how can anyone say we wont score goals regardless of who we bring in etc for all we know he could go all out attack n we are in games like 4-4 vs Huddersfield under McClaren.

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Probably not and im not defending him for not trying to implement a style as I think he should have. My whole point is that he chose not to, meaning none of us actually know what his chosen style will be going into next season so how can anyone say we wont score goals regardless of who we bring in etc for all we know he could go all out attack n we are in games like 4-4 vs Huddersfield under McClaren.

I won’t hold my breath ?

10 hours ago, r4derby said:

Corey Evans is a solid, reliable performer. 7/10 most games. Would be happy with that. I still think we need to focus on centre back and forwards as a priority. Full back is one of the last positions to touch. Byrne and Buchanan starting with Fozzy and K MacDonald supporting. If Buchanan is sold then we can think about the left back position.

Not Forsyth.  I'd rather have Nick Pickering on a bad day.  To be fair, by trade he's actually a midfielder who always looked to have a mistake at full back even under Mac1, but his stride and height allowed him to cover it.  7 years and 3 knee ops later his limitation in the position is cruelly exposed regularly.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

I wonder how long Matt Clarke’s contract is for at Brighton? If it’s 3 years then this will be his final year and a deal might be done?

4 year deal. That's how they do it.  Spend 3 million which is the equivalent of some magic beans. Loan them out for a couple of years at a million in loan fees.  If there good enough they play them, if not, but good enough for the championship top end, sell them for 4/5 million and make money.  Otherwise sell them to a middling championship club for a couple of million and with the previous loan fees break even.  A no risk venture. The premier league cattle market in full swing.

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

4 year deal. That's how they do it.  Spend 3 million which is the equivalent of some magic beans. Loan them out for a couple of years at a million in loan fees.  If there good enough they play them, if not, but good enough for the championship top end, sell them for 4/5 million and make money.  Otherwise sell them to a middling championship club for a couple of million and with the previous loan fees break even.  A no risk venture. The premier league cattle market in full swing.

Must be what people mean by "free market"..... ?

I heard Daniel Sturridge wants to make a comeback he was not that bad a few years back wonder if he'd like to come to the team he supported as a boy . We just need to convince him we'll pay wages as soon as take over complete ?. Not played in 15 months nowhere near match fit and expecting huge wages surely we are a shoe in.

58 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

I heard Daniel Sturridge wants to make a comeback he was not that bad a few years back wonder if he'd like to come to the team he supported as a boy . We just need to convince him we'll pay wages as soon as take over complete ?. Not played in 15 months nowhere near match fit and expecting huge wages surely we are a shoe in.

Would take him for the right wage. Would be a level above others at this level, would score for fun. 

He has earnt more than enough in his career, been out for a long time due to not finding a club, so he may actually lower his wage demands

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Would take him for the right wage. Would be a level above others at this level, would score for fun. 

He has earnt more than enough in his career, been out for a long time due to not finding a club, so he may actually lower his wage demands

Not just about his fitness, he is very injury prone. 31 now, his best days were quite some time ago. Not for me…

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not just about his fitness, he is very injury prone. 31 now, his best days were quite some time ago. Not for me…

I think a club could get a good 2 or 3 seasons out of him at this level. Give him a trial to prove his fitness, but looking at his insta he seems to be in good shape & ready to go

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

What makes you think he would score for fun? Aged 31 now, not played for a long time and, over the last 7 years that he was playing he only score 54 goals (just over 7 a year).