Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

4 hours ago, DCFClks said:

But with Rooney's style of play, no attacker in the league would do well. Does it matter what players we sign? and why would anyone want to join us? 

I still believe if Marriott could get rid of his injuries and play in a system that suits him he'd be a top player in this league.  

Of course it matters what players we sign whatever we think of Rooney’s playing style and management and plenty of players would want to join us. 

I agree re:Marriott. I don’t buy into this he’s a lost hope and in the right system for him (two strikers), then I think he’d score goals.  Don’t think he’s been managed well imo. As I said, even if your not fancied, they need to be made to feel part of it, so when called upon he might make a difference. 

Seems to me, they want rid of him, yet again a player we take a huge hit on for the fee we paid. 

Gangway D from the terrace

Edited by GangwayD

45 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

Don’t think he’s been managed well imo. As I said, even if your not fancied, they need to be made to feel part of it, so when called upon he might make a difference. 

Seems to me, they want rid of him, yet again a player we take a huge hit on for the fee we paid. 

So why did he do nothing at Sheff Weds - in two spells?!

32 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

I agree re:Marriott. I don’t buy into this he’s a lost hope and in the right system for him (two strikers), then I think he’d score goals.  Don’t think he’s been managed well imo. As I said, even if your not fancied, they need to be made to feel part of it, so when called upon he might make a difference. 

Managed poorly by 4 different managers? If you want to play you simply have to show willing and Marriott would rather take a fat cheque and go play golf. Fair enough I suppose, but then he can't expect to be treated any different to any other player as he's done fook all to warrant it.

Compare and contrast Shinnie's attitude when for a long while, he was not making the starting line up. With another tough season very likely to follow the last, that's the type of player we need, not some feckless, fat lad who just can't be arsed. The guy's meant to be a professional sportsman yet he carries as much timber as I do. If he doesn't turn up to pre-season fit and raring to go, we need get shot of him irrespective of the FFP hit. Enough is enough.

I agree that it's more money down the drain and that sucks, but you have to cut your losses somewhere and frankly he's the kind of player we can do without when facing another backs-to-the-wall season. If he comes back fit, great, crack on son, if not, jog on tubbs.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

So why did he do nothing at Sheff Weds - in two spells?!

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Managed poorly by 4 different managers? If you want to play you simply have to show willing and Marriott would rather take a fat cheque and go play golf. Fair enough I suppose, but then he can't expect to be treated any different to any other player as he's done fook all to warrant it.

Compare and contrast Shinnie's attitude when for a long while, he was not making the starting line up. With another tough season very likely to follow the last, that's the type of player we need, not some feckless, fat lad who just can't be arsed. The guy's meant to be a professional sportsman yet he carries as much timber as I do. If he doesn't turn up to pre-season fit and raring to go, we need get shot of him irrespective of the FFP hit. Enough is enough.

I agree that it's more money down the drain and that sucks, but you have to cut your losses somewhere and frankly he's the kind of player we can do without when facing another backs-to-the-wall season. If he comes back fit, great, crack on son, if not, jog on tubbs.

He's been out injured or has been playing through an injury about 95% of the time he's been here. He was also injured while at Sheff Weds. Why does everyone seem to ignore this?

21 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

He's been out injured or has been playing through an injury about 95% of the time he's been here. He was also injured while at Sheff Weds. Why does everyone seem to ignore this?

There’s a reason players pick up injuries though. If you don’t look after yourself and condition yourself suitably then you’ll pick up muscular injuries. Many managers have now alluded to Marriott’s attitude/application in training. It’s not god enough for a professional sportsman. Marriott had a great opportunity at a big club. If he’s not careful he’ll be in League 1/2 for the rest of his career. A waste. 

31 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Because it's used as a convenient excuse that no-one is sure how true it is! Plus if he trained better maybe he wouldn't be so suceptible to injury. Plus, plus CKR and Edmundson both played through injury and Curtis signed away his right to sue (!) and played not fully fit. 

But poor Marriott got a hangnail... *sob*

25 minutes ago, enachops said:

There’s a reason players pick up injuries though. If you don’t look after yourself and condition yourself suitably then you’ll pick up muscular injuries. Many managers have now alluded to Marriott’s attitude/application in training. It’s not god enough for a professional sportsman. Marriott had a great opportunity at a big club. If he’s not careful he’ll be in League 1/2 for the rest of his career. A waste. 

As you say he's had a big opportunity at a big club, his career is on the line, he worked hard to get the opportunity at Derby. He's played through injury and pain for Derby in the past. Why would he go through all that just for the sake of not training properly? I'd argue it's more the clubs responsibility to manage his conditioning. In Marriott's case I don't think it had anything to do with training/conditioning if you look at the details.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because it's used as a convenient excuse that no-one is sure how true it is! Plus if he trained better maybe he wouldn't be so suceptible to injury. Plus, plus CKR and Edmundson both played through injury and Curtis signed away his right to sue (!) and played not fully fit. 

But poor Marriott got a hangnail... *sob*

Well it's actually a confirmed fact he's been injured so it's true. 

If he trained better? His whole career is literally in the balance because of these injuries so I highly doubt he would just not be bothered to train properly. He has already played through injury and extreme pain while at Derby, so I'm sure he wouldn't go through that willing for the sake of "not training better".

Marriott wasn't eligible to play after January because Derby didn't want to pay to have him recalled from Wednesday. 

Hangnail? He had an abdominal hernia and was in incredible pain every time he had a shot and has had surgery for it. Why so unsympathetic?

19 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Why so unsympathetic?

Seems you're happy to 'ignore the fact' that 4 of his last 5 managers have called him out over his poor work ethic though. Were all four of them unsympathetic too? Sorry buddy, but also you're rewriting history with the 95% of his time with us injured bit too. His injury record is another reason to let him go anyway, not to keep him! 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands
typos

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Isn't than an oxymoron ?

But yer agree with everything you've said about him he needs to shape up or get shipped out

27 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Marriott wasn't eligible to play after January because Derby didn't want to pay to have him recalled from Wednesday. 

Hangnail? He had an abdominal hernia and was in incredible pain every time he had a shot and has had surgery for it. Why so unsympathetic?

Why didn't he play for Wednesday?

The abdominal injury was dealt with before he went on loan.

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Seems you're happy to 'ignore the fact' that 4 of his last 5 managers have called him out over his poor work ethic though. Were all four of them unsympathetic too? Sorry buddy, but also you're rewriting history with the 95% of his time with us injured bit too. His injury record is another reason to let him go anyway, not to keep him! 

Any proof that he hasn't been injured that much? or that 4/5 managers called him out? 

Lampard said he had a good first season but took time to adapt to the Championship

I can't find any other perceived criticism that wasn't linked to an injury by another manager.

13 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

He had another separate injury, and I'm not even sure the abdominal injury has even been fully dealt with.

Really?

Why would Wendies have wanted him on loan? How did he pass the medical?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really?

Why would Wendies have wanted him on loan? How did he pass the medical?

I think he only just returned to full training when he went to them, then got injured again. I don't know why they signed him, but then they seem to make even worse decisions than us.

2 hours ago, DCFClks said:

I’d pitcher a guess that he’s been a fairway from being interested in his job. His price tag and our high expectations is an albatross around his neck.

51 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Any proof that he hasn't been injured that much? or that 4/5 managers called him out? 

It's all out there if you even bother to look instead of asking me buddy. Here's a starter for 10 though. To be honest, either you genuinely haven't noticed all the flak around the lad or you're trolling. I can't work out which?‍♂️

Edited by 86 Hair Islands