Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What kind of players though? They'll have been released for a reason. Many of them won't even get clubs for obvious reasons never mind have to worry about lowering their wage demands. 

That's the skill of a recruitment team and manager. 

Pick up players that offer something more or different than you have at your club at the moment.

Just because a player is released from Middlesbrough, Bolton or Sheff Wed doesn't mean he's not of use to Derby. 

There could be personal family reasons behind it, a falling out with the manager, not fitting into a style of play, or perhaps the player has sat tight and waited for his contract to expire before wanting to try somewhere else. 

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think his contract is up at Stoke anyway.

Lee Gregory has joined Derby County after being around the fringes under Michael O'Neill.

The 32-year-old striker also joined in 2019 on a three-year deal, despite some suggestions on the internet that he was out of contract at the end of this season.

Stoke City loan players’ contract status as confusion cleared up on striker’s deal - Stoke-on-Trent Live (stokesentinel.co.uk)

But I didn't realise he's 33 in August. Joined Stoke on a free from Millwall. In which case prefer another year loan deal.

Some interesting names on this thread and it's what we'll need to be doing, although quite a few other clubs will be shopping in the bargain bucket.  

I did overhear in the pub couple of lads discussing names and some of those brought up I don't think we'd have a prayer of getting on wages I suspect we could offer.  Danny Rose, Ahmed Elmohamdy, Robbie Brady we're three they wanted us to go for.   None of these would be for me if I'm honest, even if we had money.

Think it will all be last minute again and we'll go into the season under cooked - same as last year no doubt. 

Gangway D from the terrace

I think it’s going to be brutal watching all the other teams pickup cheap players. We won’t sign a single first team player for weeks - if at all as firstly we’re still under embargo until we’ve submitted the accounts, I imagine these take a while to be ‘signed-off’ and are possibly also pending on the punishment dished out for our accounts last time, and last of all until Mel hands over the keys to the Americans (if that ever comes to fruition).

Tight summer ahead boys 

28 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I think it’s going to be brutal watching all the other teams pickup cheap players. We won’t sign a single first team player for weeks - if at all as firstly we’re still under embargo until we’ve submitted the accounts, I imagine these take a while to be ‘signed-off’ and are possibly also pending on the punishment dished out for our accounts last time, and last of all until Mel hands over the keys to the Americans (if that ever comes to fruition).

Tight summer ahead boys 

Define cheap?

Most of the players listed in here are players coming of the back of brilliant seasons in league 1 or 2 or free transfers released from premiership clubs.

Take Jerry Yates at Blackpool as an example. Could have had him for a couple of 100k a year ago. Now, after last season, Blackpool will want big money, same for clarke harris. Cheap they ain't.

As for some of the premier league's released lists. Wages, wages, wages.

Not aimed at you at all mate,but have we learnt nothing as fans from our transfer dealings in the last 4 years or so? Buying players, often player of the season, at at the very height of their value, chucking big wages as previous prem players, signing for top wedge a lad who has scored a few in lower leagues.

Seems some are content to make the same mistakes again and again.

Let's take our time and get it right for once.

11 hours ago, KBB said:

Define cheap?

Most of the players listed in here are players coming of the back of brilliant seasons in league 1 or 2 or free transfers released from premiership clubs.

Take Jerry Yates at Blackpool as an example. Could have had him for a couple of 100k a year ago. Now, after last season, Blackpool will want big money, same for clarke harris. Cheap they ain't.

As for some of the premier league's released lists. Wages, wages, wages.

Not aimed at you at all mate,but have we learnt nothing as fans from our transfer dealings in the last 4 years or so? Buying players, often player of the season, at at the very height of their value, chucking big wages as previous prem players, signing for top wedge a lad who has scored a few in lower leagues.

Seems some are content to make the same mistakes again and again.

Let's take our time and get it right for once.

Well, we won't be splashing the cash like we did prviously that is for certain!

I just hope that a) we do get a transfer kitty / no embargo and b) that things in the way currently get resolved in timely fashion, I'd hate to see us embargo'd/no new owners until a few days before window closes resulting in dross overpaid signings.