Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Suggestion Thread

Kernow

Ive a feeling after that read in todays paper, WR might not get what he wants, it sounded very much like it will more players from the academy pushing through, as apposed to WR wanting to bring quite a few of his own players in, we will wait and see. IMO if it is academy players, then i cant imagine him staying 

13 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Ive a feeling after that read in todays paper, WR might not get what he wants, it sounded very much like it will more players from the academy pushing through, as apposed to WR wanting to bring quite a few of his own players in, we will wait and see. IMO if it is academy players, then i cant imagine him staying 

If he walked where would he go?

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

No brainers are getting Charlie wyke in and Luke o nein from Sunderland. Then I’d look at national league players up and coming for squad depth eventually 

Definite merit in looking at emerging League 2/National League players who have the potential to develop - particularly those with pace & physicality but also with decent technique. Clubs at that level tend to give out one year contracts only so suspect many will technically be free agents now & with reasonable wage demands (given the jump to CH level)

Not seen much of Wyke but was reasonably impressed with him yesterday (even though he did miss a couple of sitters). A lot depends on the style we're going to play but if Rooney employs his hoofball tactics like most of last season, a player with Wyke's physicality & aerial presence makes sense. Scored plenty in League One this year & I believe he's now out of contract too.

24 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Definite merit in looking at emerging League 2/National League players who have the potential to develop - particularly those with pace & physicality but also with decent technique. Clubs at that level tend to give out one year contracts only so suspect many will technically be free agents now & with reasonable wage demands (given the jump to CH level)

Not seen much of Wyke but was reasonably impressed with him yesterday (even though he did miss a couple of sitters). A lot depends on the style we're going to play but if Rooney employs his hoofball tactics like most of last season, a player with Wyke's physicality & aerial presence makes sense. Scored plenty in League One this year & I believe he's now out of contract too.

Thought Wyke looked limited as a footballer.

The lad at Morecambe, Mendez Gomez looks a good player.

55 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Thought Wyke looked limited as a footballer.

The lad at Morecambe, Mendez Gomez looks a good player.

Agree, he'd never get a game in a McClaren side.

He would be effective in a Rowett team though & that's a closer equivalent to how we played last season.

A few sides are already acting in the market like Huddersfield. It probably looks like money will again be at a premium. Perhaps too old, but is someone like Pablo Hernandez worth bringing in, to offer a bit of experience and creativity in midfield? Hernandez was player of the season at Leeds three times in a row. However, the press think he may  return to Spain. He could do a job for us maybe for a season to help bridge things over. 

I would like  defender Daniel Ballard currently on loan with Blackpool from Arsenal , Liam Delap and always liked the look of Woodrow at Barnsley however that would seem unlikely as we'd have to stump up a transfer fee. 

On 20/05/2021 at 22:15, BodminRam said:

Classic school boy error, taking too much notice of what you read in the papers ?

40 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

I would like  defender Daniel Ballard currently on loan with Blackpool from Arsenal , Liam Delap and always liked the look of Woodrow at Barnsley however that would seem unlikely as we'd have to stump up a transfer fee. 

The two forwards you mention would both be excellent additions.

However, in defence we definitely need experience to organise and dominate the penalty area. 

Curtis Davies would have been perfect five years ago. 

If we could make the money work, Cahill would fit the bill. 

Edmundson may prove to be a good defender in time but he's not yet a natural leader or organiser. We will miss Matt Clarke and this league will chew you up if you can't defend. 

Free agents, loans and academy players. I can't imagine we can or should be spending money in the state we are in.

It is possible to build a team with limited funds. I even remember when Malky Mckay got promoted in a similar fashion with Cardiff an few years ago.

Not saying promoted but we could be competitive certainly.