Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Burnley are only a point behind Everton now.

I think where Everton finish this season will determine what Rooney does. I don’t think he’ll turn them down a second time.

In a way, if he’s off then I hope it’s confirmed before the Cardiff game. He deserves a huge send off as a show of appreciation for all he’s done for the club.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

In a way, if he’s off then I hope it’s confirmed before the Cardiff game. He deserves a huge send off as a show of appreciation for all he’s done for the club.

Don't think that would happen with the Prem season running for 2 weeks after ours finishes so Everton unlikely to be relegated by that point.

But, irrespective of whether he leaves or not, both he, the coaching staff and players need a big send off in that game, they've made us proud to support this club again.

Edited by Rich84
Typo

13 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Don't think that would happen with the Prem season running for 2 weeks after ours finishes so Everton unlikely to be relegated by that point.

But, irrespective of whether he leaves or not, both he, the coaching staff and players need a big send off in that game, they've made us proud to support this club again.

Absolutely! Such loyalty in adversity is rare, if not unique, in the annals of football history!

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

Burnley are only a point behind Everton now.

I think where Everton finish this season will determine what Rooney does. I don’t think he’ll turn them down a second time.

Lamps showing he can’t do it in the PL again. One good almost season with us in the championship

WR should reflect on that.

On 05/04/2022 at 17:03, Kathcairns said:

Thats fine if you are bright enough to go to university,but a lot of inner city schoolkids don't get that chance.

Not correct in my experience. If they are bright enough and apply themselves and have the drive, then university is available. I’ve worked with lots of graduates who come from poor estates in inner London

22 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Not correct in my experience. If they are bright enough and apply themselves and have the drive, then university is available. I’ve worked with lots of graduates who come from poor estates in inner London

Exactly for example

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/10/london-state-school-sends-55-students-to-oxbridge-more-than-eton-college-15067053/amp/

32 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Everton have also got a really, really tough run in until the end of the season. Tougher than Burnley have IMO.

They seem to be wanting Allardyce in ?.  Strong rumours per my Everton mate that their board are meeting this afternoon so Frank can probably get to that bar and have a sing song with his mates earlier this year. He spent 25 million with another 40 on Deli Alli to come.  If they do go down they'll probably get straight back up.  If they don't they can enjoy the delights of Accrington within 2 seasons as they won't have a pot to piss in. Everton, Derby, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Portsmouth in League One.  If you fell asleep 15 years ago  and woke up seeing in 2024  you'd think someone was taking the piss.

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

That maybe london,my kids went to a secondary scool that at the time was classed as the worst in derby, they had to go there because we couldnt afford to move the the" better areas". They didnt get to become doctors or lawyers, but i am still proud of them,even if my son had turned out to be a footballer, which he didnt by the way.

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

That maybe london,my kids went to a secondary scool that at the time was classed as the worst in derby, they had to go there because we couldnt afford to move the the" better areas". They didnt get to become doctors or lawyers, but i am still proud of them,even if my son had turned out to be a footballer, which he didnt by the way.

Too much emphasis is put on degrees. Apart from doctors where would we have been in the pandemic without the essential workers who kept everything going

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

I know this is slightly off tangent but your conversation reminded me of a quite a funny / insightful quote from Frankie Boyle about Cristiano Ronaldo, I think, which goes something along the line of 'how can you expect Ronaldo to behave well or have a normal sense of perspective when he's been hero worshipped and paid a fortune since childhood for having particularly well coordinated feet'

I think it's great that we have a manager who, somehow, has seem kept some grip on reality despite being Wayne Rooney.

Fair play to him, he's proved loads of people wrong, including me.

15 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Too much emphasis is put on degrees. Apart from doctors where would we have been in the pandemic without the essential workers who kept everything going

I was a cleaner in the DRI in the 80's so ive got a lot of admiration for everyone  working in hospitals during the pandemic. I was in hospital last week and all the staff were lovely, ive not been in hospital for years and was well impressed.