Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nah, he's happy to play for Pearson running the channels! ?

He was superb today, I was so disappointed he got a round of boos when he clapped the South stand at the end. 

He's not lost his pace, that's for sure.

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

This is where Rooney is so strong. Wouldn’t  rule out that he could persuade CM (and Jags ?) that a season in div 1 is just what they want 

Martin is under contract for another year at Bristol. I can't see the point in spending money bringing back a 34 year old who'd probably demand a two year contract at a salary level that would probably be above the EFL maximum under our business plan. 

If he manages to overcome those hurdles, I'll eat my words, but I think what we really need is a time-served L1 CF.

7 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Was speaking to a Bristol fan before the game who said that Martin goes from brilliant to utterly useless on an almost game for game rotational basis.

Yeah and his high salary stays the same for both.

We’re better off planning for the future. We need to be looking at young non-league strikers who have been scoring against thuggish defenders as that’s going to be the secret to success next season.

Martin was great for us but we need to move on.

35 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Martin is under contract for another year at Bristol. I can't see the point in spending money bringing back a 34 year old who'd probably demand a two year contract at a salary level that would probably be above the EFL maximum under our business plan. 

If he manages to overcome those hurdles, I'll eat my words, but I think what we really need is a time-served L1 CF.

That Marriott fella did ok there.