Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Ok, you haven’t got an issue with him.

I don’t want him anywhere near this club

Echo this...the issues within the squad seemed to begin under Lampard, and it is where the rot seemed to set in.

I'd stay well away and hope we can pick up a seasoned and successful, yet uninspiring L1 manager who can get us back up.  That or an internal appointment.

Ideally, an interim appointment until a takeover goes through and then hope we can prise Evatt or Eustace away from their current employers.  I also don't think Valakari would be an impossibility.

That being said, this is all theoretical.  Benitez is still in a job and Rooney remains our manager....for now 

6 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Echo this...the issues within the squad seemed to begin under Lampard, and it is where the rot seemed to set in.

I'd stay well away and hope we can pick up a seasoned and successful, yet uninspiring L1 manager who can get us back up.  That or an internal appointment.

Ideally, an interim appointment until a takeover goes through and then hope we can prise Evatt or Eustace away from their current employers.  I also don't think Valakari would be an impossibility.

That being said, this is all theoretical.  Benitez is still in a job and Rooney remains our manager....for now 

When Eustace was in charge of QPR and they played Derby towards the end of the Lampard season his team turned in one of those most negative displays of football I have ever seen - even managing to outdo Steve Clarke's reading. An effective player for us but I don't want him back as manager.

If Rooney knows what's good for him, he'd learn from Lampard taking his 'unmissable opportunity' too soon and hang fire a year or two to gain extra experience. 

I love the way Rooney has handled the whole admin scenario, but he still has lots to learn as a manager. He often waits too long to make changes, hasn't freshened up the starting 11 enough recently and players like Morrison getting 90 minutes (when he's only ever good for 90), are all things he'll improve on over time.

Everton are well funded but an absolute mess, I don't think he's ready to take it on.

Eustace, with qpr in their current position in the Championship - not happening.

Evatt, with Bolton in their current position in League 1 - not happening.

Paying 50 to 60 million to pay off the debt, means you have money, you don't spend that money on non entities, and I don't think you'd get a quality championship manager to drop down to League One.

59 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Ok, you haven’t got an issue with him.

I don’t want him anywhere near this club

Ok fair enough although it’s a bit of strange comment no. I mean if you hate Lampard so much god knows your thoughts about other ex Derby staff! 
I doubt Lampard will be managing Derby again anyway so it’s probably an irrelevant discussion. 

Don’t see him going but if he did my choice has already moved clubs in Ryan lowe. Think he will do a great job at Preston and his other 2 jobs he’s done great and played football so he would have been my choice. Shame we didn’t get Steve cooper in instead of Rooney at the time he would have been my first choice but now no chance. Can’t think of anyone that at the top of my head available who I would jump at tbh and I’d rather Rooney stayed 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Don’t see him going but if he did my choice has already moved clubs in Ryan lowe. Think he will do a great job at Preston and his other 2 jobs he’s done great and played football so he would have been my choice. Shame we didn’t get Steve cooper in instead of Rooney at the time he would have been my first choice but now no chance. Can’t think of anyone that at the top of my head available who I would jump at tbh and I’d rather Rooney stayed 

OhWC5X.gif

1 hour ago, mike93rh said:

If Rooney knows what's good for him, he'd learn from Lampard taking his 'unmissable opportunity' too soon and hang fire a year or two to gain extra experience. 

I love the way Rooney has handled the whole admin scenario, but he still has lots to learn as a manager. He often waits too long to make changes, hasn't freshened up the starting 11 enough recently and players like Morrison getting 90 minutes (when he's only ever good for 90), are all things he'll improve on over time.

Everton are well funded but an absolute mess, I don't think he's ready to take it on.

He has experience in managing an under funded absolute mess of a club.