Jozwiak

vonwright

Could really have done with the energy of someone like Knight in midfield for the last 25 minutes .  Rumour has it someone put him out of action for four months with a lumbering challenge in a training session.  Participating despite being as fit as a Sunday league player sweating out last nights session.  That's helped the situation loads.

5 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

There's clearly no changing your mind. It's fine to have your opinion. Maybe you'll come out and admit he's crap when he's gets to 1 goal in 60 games? How many assists has he got in his 42 games so far? I bet it's less than 5.

2 assists in 40 games last season

1 goal in 42 games. 

That's appauling.

5 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

There's clearly no changing your mind. It's fine to have your opinion. Maybe you'll come out and admit he's crap when he's gets to 1 goal in 60 games? How many assists has he got in his 42 games so far? I bet it's less than 5.

Because the idea that someone is just crap and refusing to acknowledge factors that attribute to a players performance are daft. Hence why some players go on to look amazing at other clubs after looking poor at others. It isn't that simplistic. 

I hope that Kamil settles back down into the squad in the next few games after his Euro commitments and that he, Wayne and the coaches can sort out any problems that might be affecting his performance.  He's a good player and a likeable guy and I hope he stays at Derby and becomes an indispensable member of the team. If he is unhappy at Derby and the answer is not within our powers to solve, then I guess he will decide to leave, but hopefully that won't be the case. 

Edited by Miggins

This sort of thing baffles me. Some players can make a mistake and it’s hardly mentioned, others are hounded and told to get out of the club. If you swapped Byrne and Joz around for the first goal, Joz would still be getting the blame for it. Both failed to stay alert to where the Posh player was and both at fault. Others were at fault for the 2nd goal. Yet, it all comes down to Joz. Before that moment, I thought he did well, he had some good bits of possession, took players on successfully and he looked better with his control, which is usually a point of frustration with me about him. But he switches off (along with others) and he gets this, which is a huge overreaction 

22 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

But he switches off (along with others) and he gets this, which is a huge overreaction 

I haven't seen it again other than in match replays, where I was concentrating of trying to figure out what Fozzy was doing. Not for the first time this season he gets out-jumped because he seems not to be competing. If anyone switched off it was him. Maybe Joz was expecting him to get a header in? But yeah I was really liking the bits of attacking play we saw from him. 

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I haven't seen it again other than in match replays, where I was concentrating of trying to figure out what Fozzy was doing. Not for the first time this season he gets out-jumped because he seems not to be competing. If anyone switched off it was him. Maybe Joz was expecting him to get a header in? But yeah I was really liking the bits of attacking play we saw from him. 

I think, having looked at it again, he was expecting their guy to be on the outside and positioned himself for that, but didn’t look, when he realised he was inside it was too late. But the cross still needs to be defended. Byrne is in there and then stops, where their guy doesn’t. Fozzy, Joz and Byrne all should do better.