Jozwiak

vonwright

Just watching the highlights on Sky Sports Football from 19:00. 

I remember now, didn't we have the first chance where Sibs went forward and could have put Joz in (not re-shown)? But 21 mins in Sibs knocks it back to Joz who puts Stretton clean through, but he couldn't quite control it. 

Edit: 33 minutes fouled on the edge of the box but the ref plays on, Hutch shoots just over.

Not got there yet, but of course he puts the pass in to Sibs for our 1st goal.

So some fans need to take their blinkers off.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just watching the highlights on Sky Sports Football from 19:00. 

I remember now, didn't we have the first chance where Sibs went forward and could have put Joz in (not re-shown)? But 21 mins in Sibs knocks it back to Joz who puts Stretton clean through, but he couldn't quite control it. 

Edit: 33 minutes fouled on the edge of the box but the ref plays on, Hutch shoots just over.

Not got there yet, but of course he puts the pass in to Sibs for our 1st goal.

So some fans need to take their blinkers off.

I thought he played well last night and did create a lot for us, against league 2 Salford 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can only beat the team you're playing. Playing in a team with very little experience. 

Agree but I guess my point is I’d expect him to look good at that level. He needs to do the same in the Championship so far 1 season and 1 game In he hasn’t. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Agree but I guess my point is I’d expect him to look good at that level. He needs to do the same in the Championship so far 1 season and 1 game In he hasn’t. 

Late back from the Euros not as far into preseason. Yeah mate he looked dreadful.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Late back from the Euros not as far into preseason. Yeah mate he looked dreadful.

He didn’t look dreadful but that’s expected against a league 2 outfit. He did look poor against Huddersfield which carried on his form from last season. BTW His Euros finished June 23rd (~8 weeks ago ) we’re he played 3 games. We’ll add it to the list of excuses we had from last season.  

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

He didn’t look dreadful but that’s expected against a league 2 outfit. He did look poor against Huddersfield which carried on his form from last season. BTW His Euros finished June 23rd (~8 weeks ago ) we’re he played 3 games. We’ll add it to the list of excuses we had from last season.  

Jozwiak came back after the others and so was later along in his preseason. You really are trolling if you won't admit that all teams will say players who've been away on Euro duty are behind in their fitness preseason. He didn't look dreadful against Huddersfield.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Jozwiak came back after the others and so was later along in his preseason. You really are trolling if you won't admit that all teams will say players who've been away on Euro duty are behind in their fitness preseason. He didn't look dreadful against Huddersfield.

I’d agree those who got to the later stages maybe behind , however someone who played 3 games in June should not be behind their fitness in August. Especially as they has the training in May/June also. I didn’t say dreadful against Huddersfield I said poor, which he was. The Euros is another excuse, I’m not saying he’s a bad player and I’m dying for him to do well for us as we need it. I’m saying he hasn’t yet and the excuses aren’t washing anymore, it’s time to deliver. 

I’ve just watched it back tonight, I thought he played ok first time around, watching it again he was in with a shout to be man of the match. He was excellent and involved in probably 70% of our best moments. His technical ability awareness and close control is first class, I actually think he would be a good 10.

On 20/06/2021 at 10:01, Patrick Rams said:

Can't believe some of these comments.Jos is playing in the biggest competition in Europe...He's playing alongside one of the best players in Europe and doesn't look out of place..yet he's supposedly rubbish and not good enough for a team who finished 4th from bottom of the second division...I seriously worry about the football knowledge of some of the posters on here.

he was a bit part player in the worst Poland team in my 50 years on this planet, lets not exaggerate how he tore the Euros to bits, you wouldnt have even noticed him if he wasnt a Derby player