Jozwiak

vonwright

As ever, its a question of context. Looking purely at Jozwiak's output without it, you would be disappointed with his contribution last season. He did struggle to provide quality, got easily frustrated & his decision making wasn't always the best. There were glimpses of his potential quality though, he retains possession very well & no-one could question his workrate or defensive discipline.

Can't think of many harder gigs than being a young lad moving to another country in the middle of a pandemic, into matches with no fans, into a team that struggled horribly all season & with an inexperienced management team to help him. He also got precious little help with the team selections, often being one of only 3 attack minded players in the side (when we went 3-4-3) & hence got even more attention from defenders in our notoriously tough division.

In a good, attacking side he'd be very good & part of me hopes he gets a really good move off the back of this tournament. Clearly I'd rather he stayed with us & tore the division up but the reality is he could fetch good money & he can't be that enthused returning for another season at the fag end of the Championship playing dismal football. To contradict some on here, he's actually too good for us.

I thought Jozwiak played well last night against Spain, which is never easy. You have to be very tactically disciplined without the ball and be ready to use it well after long spells without a touch, and he managed it very well. Won the ball back high up the pitch on serveral occasions, rarely gave it away and produced an excellent cross for Lewandowski which none of the pundits or reports seemed to mention.

I like what I've seen from him so far and with a fresh season to come I think he'll only improve.

11 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

As ever, its a question of context. Looking purely at Jozwiak's output without it, you would be disappointed with his contribution last season. He did struggle to provide quality, got easily frustrated & his decision making wasn't always the best. There were glimpses of his potential quality though, he retains possession very well & no-one could question his workrate or defensive discipline.

Can't think of many harder gigs than being a young lad moving to another country in the middle of a pandemic, into matches with no fans, into a team that struggled horribly all season & with an inexperienced management team to help him. He also got precious little help with the team selections, often being one of only 3 attack minded players in the side (when we went 3-4-3) & hence got even more attention from defenders in our notoriously tough division.

In a good, attacking side he'd be very good & part of me hopes he gets a really good move off the back of this tournament. Clearly I'd rather he stayed with us & tore the division up but the reality is he could fetch good money & he can't be that enthused returning for another season at the fag end of the Championship playing dismal football. To contradict some on here, he's actually too good for us.

This.....

Its obvious Jozwiak undoubtedly looks far more at ease surrounded with more intelligent and attacking technical players in a Poland shirt, in a team where the has the manager has the intelligence to make it clear which box the ball should be passed towards..

1 hour ago, nfb said:

This.....

Its obvious Jozwiak undoubtedly looks far more at ease surrounded with more intelligent and attacking technical players in a Poland shirt, in a team where the has the manager has the intelligence to make it clear which box the ball should be passed towards..

...where waits Lewandowski to head his crosses into the net. Is that who we're gonna sign?!

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

What does the quality of player in the box have to do with how good the cross is?

Lol. Nothing, if there's no defenders in the box. Or as was pointed out to CKR 'get into positions to score'.

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Nothing, if there's no defenders in the box. Or as was pointed out to CKR 'get into positions to score'.

You're not making sense. So you're saying Jozwiak has been putting in good crosses but our strikers haven't been in the right positions? that can't be true can it? 

and our strikers positioning has nothing to do with the managers tactics what so ever I'm guessing? ?

17 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

You're not making sense. So you're saying Jozwiak has been putting in good crosses but our strikers haven't been in the right positions? that can't be true can it? 

and our strikers positioning has nothing to do with the managers tactics what so ever I'm guessing? 

You are the one being deliberately obtuse. Yes if CKR doesn't get into the right position to score a cross is wasted. If CKR is playing against decent CBs a cross can also be wasted. It isn't just down to Joz putting the ball over, geddit.

2 hours ago, DCFClks said:

What does the quality of player in the box have to do with how good the cross is?

Fair point. But I think the quality of the whole forward line giving the defence something to deal with would mean the opposition can’t put two or three players on shutting the winger down. 

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are the one being deliberately obtuse. Yes if CKR doesn't get into the right position to score a cross is wasted. If CKR is playing against decent CBs a cross can also be wasted. It isn't just down to Joz putting the ball over, geddit.

no.?

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What!? But you were originally saying the reason Jozwiak's end product is better for Poland is because Lewandowski is in the box, then changed your mind and said that wasn't the reason, and now you're saying it is again?

I know it isn't just down to Jozwiak to put the ball over, but this is a Jozwiak thread and we're talking about his end product being better for Poland than Derby. 

I don't get what the striker on the end of crosses has to do with Jozwiak having space out wide to attack into or the quality of his delivery. Isn't the issue that Jozwiak isn't putting crosses in at all? I can't think of any times last season where Jozwiak put a ball in and I though "Lewandowski would have got on the end of that".

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

What!? But you were originally saying the reason Jozwiak's end product is better for Poland is because Lewandowski is in the box, then changed your mind and said that wasn't the reason, and now you're saying it is again?

Could be that you're not listening.

I'll state it nice and simple for you. Joz is a good player. If he had a bad season last season there were plenty of excuses for him. 

Edited by RoyMac5

6 hours ago, Indy said:

Fair point. But I think the quality of the whole forward line giving the defence something to deal with would mean the opposition can’t put two or three players on shutting the winger down. 

I agree, but does that not come down to what my primary argument is? that the tactics are why Jozwiak is better for Poland than us.

There's been times where our front line consisted of CKR on his own. At most it was a a front 3 with 2 wingers and a striker. There's been times this season where we've had Jozwiak on RW with Byrne in RB in support. Isn't there enough quality there to cause more problems for defenders than they have? 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Could be that you're not listening.

I'll state it nice and simple for you. Joz is a good player. If he had a bad season last season there were plenty of excuses for him. 

Or you could just look back at this thread and see you've contradicted yourself about 3 times. 

so judging by your unwavering defences of Rooney, the excuses for Jozwiak last season, and why he's better for Poland were nothing to do with tactics. 

Have you not suggested the main excuse is Lewandowski is better than CKR? Even though you've also denied this in other comments?

So please tell me what the possible excuses are?

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or it could be that you're still not listening.

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

...where waits Lewandowski to head his crosses into the net. Is that who we're gonna sign?!

How does this quote not suggest you think Jozwiak is only better for Poland because of Lewandowski?

If I'm wrong, please explain how Rooney's tactics take zero blame for Jozwiak being better for Poland.

Edited by DCFClks