The Optimism Thread (no negativity allowed)

sage

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Very true.

We've been bad. Just think how bad other teams have to be to be below us. [That's positive, right?]

Well not exactly - Sheffield Wednesday have been better than us point wise but are further away point wise 

21 hours ago, David said:

Norwich 2nd half performance and Blackburn I think we could have easily walked away with 4 points. Thought Blackburn in particular we created a lot of decent chances but our finishing or should I say lack of it cost us dearly, that's without taking the penalty decision which went against us into account.

I know this is one of those if my aunt had footballs she would be my uncle, but I've been more frustrated than angry to be honest. 

Won't discuss last night though as no negativity is allowed.

Boro also winning which is nice.

Coulda Woulda Shoulda

On an optimistic note, I just ate a Double Decker at work in a oner and won a quid off a Doubting Thomas who thought I couldn't do it.

18 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Coulda Woulda Shoulda

On an optimistic note, I just ate a Double Decker at work in a oner and won a quid off a Doubting Thomas who thought I couldn't do it.

Can I just say that the TRUE Double Decker challenge is to eat TWO (one on top of the other, ie a double-Double Decker) in one mouthful. 

A Oner-Double-Double... people have died trying... but it guarantees to put a smile on your face as you turn blue.

There you go, a happy ending after all.

Edited by StarterForTen

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Ftfy. ?

Behave yourself!

I know 4-4-2 is old school, but alongside Kazim, just feel he would have knocked a few in by now.

I fear we’re going to get a mentally damaged player back after his loan spell at Sheff Wednesday.

Feel like he’s a player we need to build back up again, make him feel loved and part of the team.

With so many additions needed, not a player we should be looking to write off if possible.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Behave yourself!

I know 4-4-2 is old school, but alongside Kazim, just feel he would have knocked a few in by now.

I fear we’re going to get a mentally damaged player back after his loan spell at Sheff Wednesday.

Feel like he’s a player we need to build back up again, make him feel loved and part of the team.

With so many additions needed, not a player we should be looking to write off if possible.

I agree, apologies for my tom foolery. It's a crying shame that we lost Jack somewhere along the way. I don't think any of us saw it coming after that night at Elland Rd and his early form for us.  

The lad can definitely finish. I know he was struggling with a niggling injury but I'd love to know what else is behind his loss of form. 

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

Can I just say that the TRUE Double Decker challenge is to eat TWO (one on top of the other, ie a double-Double Decker) in one mouthful. 

A Oner-Double-Double... people have died trying... but it guarantees to put a smile on your face as you turn blue.

There you go, a happy ending after all.

Wow, the double entendres in this post are so obvious they're almost single entendres. I briefly considered breaking out the Kenneth Williams gif, but even I wouldn't stoop so low as to pick such low hanging fruit. 

tenor-9.gif

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I agree, apologies for my tom foolery. It's a crying shame that we lost Jack somewhere along the way. I don't think any of us saw it coming after that night at Elland Rd and his early form for us.  

The lad can definitely finish. I know he was struggling with a niggling injury but I'd love to know what else is behind his loss of form. 

Yeah I don’t buy the golf course rumours, sounds like something recycled from Gareth Bale and spread through social media.

I’m sure there was a podcast/interview on Twitch with one of Duane Holmes mates that basically rubbished all that with him.

He’s not a lone striker, we’ve seen that, he’s not a striker you want having time on the ball, you need to get him into areas where it’s a one or two touch finish. 

Old school in a way, big man little man front 2.

Even if not a starter we need to get him back to where he’s at least an option for us off the bench as right now we would struggle to get much for him.

Irn-Bru 1901 is not going to be a lmited run this time.

It's nearly summer.

The Covid times will end.

The cockroaches will survive the nuclear winter and be our overlords in the future times and such tribulations as slightly dissapointing second division football teams will become problems of the before times.

We're not Stoke.

42 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah I don’t buy the golf course rumours, sounds like something recycled from Gareth Bale and spread through social media.

And we know Sheffield is too grim to have golf courses! No wonder he 'disappeared' a few months ago. Amazing that some posters still believe in Marriott but not unicorns. ?