The Optimism Thread (no negativity allowed)

sage

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I've sorted me Rams stuff out. 

From now until the end of the season, whatever happens, I will be wearing a Ram badge or emblem about my person. Shirt, Cap, Jacket, pin badge , whatever the results, wherever I am, I will wear the colours with pride (and a very thick skin) to appease the gods of football fortune.

My flag will be up in the garden, my Baseball Ground street sign on me shed will be cleaned, I will sip malt whisky out of my Derby engraved glass, drink A Up dancing duck beer from my Rams emblazoned pint glass and roam the house like a colossus in my DCFC boxer shorts.

We can do this.

Will you be popping across to Nottingham during that time?

From @Tamworthramon another thread:

"Here is a comparison of position when he was appointed and results since then:

Played.   Won.  Drawn.  Lost   points       leagues position (based on the games in question)

Pre Rooney.                13.         1.        3.          9.         6.                 24th

Since                            30.        10.      7.          13.        37.               15th

So, I’m not suggesting we start awarding performance related bonuses or that 15th would be acceptable, given what he inherited (whether that is down to Morris or Cocu) I’m not sure I would consider survival as failure for Rooney."

On 23/04/2021 at 08:33, RoyMac5 said:

From @Tamworthramon another thread:

"Here is a comparison of position when he was appointed and results since then:

Played.   Won.  Drawn.  Lost   points       leagues position (based on the games in question)

Pre Rooney.                13.         1.        3.          9.         6.                 24th

Since                            30.        10.      7.          13.        37.               15th

So, I’m not suggesting we start awarding performance related bonuses or that 15th would be acceptable, given what he inherited (whether that is down to Morris or Cocu) I’m not sure I would consider survival as failure for Rooney."

Was looking even better at 37 points from 25

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is it just a coincidence then?

He obviously made a big difference as a class player but you would hope that if the team performed well with him in then why so poor with him out? Even if someone else filled the role only half as well we should still be winning games?

In all honesty I really don't know..but he is hardly Messi is he so you would expect a team to function at least adequately with only 1 player missing?

This is what gets me with all the Rooney is totally clueless comments.. he wasn't then was he and he was even more of a novice then?

His recent form is sackable.. no real argument there but I do struggle with everything pinned to losing Bielik. But I cannot think of an obvious reason why we have nosedived since he was out.

7 hours ago, Yani P said:

He obviously made a big difference as a class player but you would hope that if the team performed well with him in then why so poor with him out? Even if someone else filled the role only half as well we should still be winning games?

In all honesty I really don't know..but he is hardly Messi is he so you would expect a team to function at least adequately with only 1 player missing?

This is what gets me with all the Rooney is totally clueless comments.. he wasn't then was he and he was even more of a novice then?

His recent form is sackable.. no real argument there but I do struggle with everything pinned to losing Bielik. But I cannot think of an obvious reason why we have nosedived since he was out.

So conclusion then it probably was the Bielik bounce ?

9 hours ago, Yani P said:

We have no real goal scorer, this is probably one of Colin's best seasons?

We seem to have drifted away from the Optimism thread so I'll try my best to get us back on track:

The crowds will be smaller in League One so it will be easier to get away from the ground at the end of games - therefore less people will need to leave early and there will be a better atmosphere towarsd the end of games....

In every season some teams have to be towards the top and some towards the bottom. 

This year it's our turn to be in the latter category. 

It's been hard but we can use this hurt to make us better fans and to appreciate success more when it inevitably comes. 

COYR!