The Optimism Thread (no negativity allowed)

sage

Positive - things may be bad, but they aren't as bad as we are thinking they are. We need teams below us to pick up points, which obviously they haven't been doing (or they'd be above us). 

If the teams below us don't get anything, we stay up even if we lose every game we have left. Just about, I think.

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Positive - things may be bad, but they aren't as bad as we are thinking they are. We need teams below us to pick up points, which obviously they haven't been doing (or they'd be above us). 

If the teams below us don't get anything, we stay up even if we lose every game we have left. Just about, I think.

Very true.

We've been bad. Just think how bad other teams have to be to be below us. [That's positive, right?]

Positive Thoughts for Thursday.

1) Rotherham’s last few games panned out in points terms as well as we could have hoped.

2) We have 2 games against bottom half teams left.

3) Players should be sufficiently embarrassed after Preston to put everything out there vs Brum (ie a response) who are safe bar maths.

Can we do it? Form says no, but this is football right. Anything can happen. (Just look at WBA).

COYR?

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

The humour on this forum stills makes me laugh, even in the midst of our miserable season. For instance, someone on the Preston match thread after the first goal described David Marshall as having 'poppadum wrists' which is still making me chuckle now! 

And come what may we'll all be still cheering this club on for the rest of the season and next season, whatever happens - COYR.

54 minutes ago, Jayram said:

The humour on this forum stills makes me laugh, even in the midst of our miserable season. For instance, someone on the Preston match thread after the first goal described David Marshall as having 'poppadum wrists' which is still making me chuckle now! 

And come what may we'll all be still cheering this club on for the rest of the season and next season, whatever happens - COYR.

Popadom wrists is a classic.. made me chuckle as I was in a zoom meeting at work....on a similar note, I heard someone once describe Lukaku as having trampoline shins because of his terrible first touch.....and the kid next to me at the game always used to say Dean Sturridge had the "first touch of a dry stone wall" which always made me laugh out loud...(i believe the kids say LOL these days?)

Rotherham have 2 difficult games coming up - Barnsley need to win to secure their playoff spot and Brentford will likely want to win to try and avoid Bournemouth in the semis

If Rotherham lose both of those things fall back into our hands

We have games against Birmingham and Sheff Weds

Birmingham have been on a great run of form recently but they're beatable - We stuffed them earlier in the season and whilst that was an unfair reflection of the game as a whole we definitely deserved the win

Sheff Weds is THE game - Again they've been getting better results than us recently but again they're beatable - I know we didn't manage it earlier in the season but it's possible - And beating them will put us enough points clear of them to keep us safe from them catching us

So there we go - Rotherham to lose 2 games - Derby to win 2 games - Job done

That took every ounce of positivity I have left in my body - And some I had to borrow from elsewhere - So I'm going back to the other threads to moan now