The Optimism Thread (no negativity allowed)

sage

When we finally achieve safety at least we have a manager for next season who fully understands what limitations the squad has and who can start planning from that moment instead of a new guy who will have to start from scratch.

This is Rooney's Fergie moment when he very nearly got sacked before embarking on Man United's greatest ever period.

I feel that a lot of people are forgetting that our injury list has really screwed us and are just screaming Rooney out when in reality he’s been very unlucky.  I mean, if Clarke or Edmundson get reinjured we might have to play Jordan Brown, who may end up being quality in the future but has no real senior experience. This just shows how bad our injury list (specifically at CB) has gotten. Now with Gregory, Stretton and Jozwiak (hopefully it’s not bad) out injured our attacking options are becoming more and more limited too. Bielik’s reoccurring knee injury was obviously very bad for us, although we shouldn’t be relying on one player to get results. 

I find it difficult to blame Wayne and the rest of the staff when currently we barely have a fully fit starting 11 (that’s if you count Edmundson as fit). I’m not Rooney in as such but I feel like we should cut the guy a bit more slack, an experienced championship manager would struggle with all these injuries and off-field issues too. 

16 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

I feel that a lot of people are forgetting that our injury list has really screwed us and are just screaming Rooney out when in reality he’s been very unlucky.  I mean, if Clarke or Edmundson get reinjured we might have to play Jordan Brown, who may end up being quality in the future but has no real senior experience. This just shows how bad our injury list (specifically at CB) has gotten. Now with Gregory, Stretton and Jozwiak (hopefully it’s not bad) out injured our attacking options are becoming more and more limited too. Bielik’s reoccurring knee injury was obviously very bad for us, although we shouldn’t be relying on one player to get results. 

I find it difficult to blame Wayne and the rest of the staff when currently we barely have a fully fit starting 11 (that’s if you count Edmundson as fit). I’m not Rooney in as such but I feel like we should cut the guy a bit more slack, an experienced championship manager would struggle with all these injuries and off-field issues too. 

Can we challenge the optimism or is that not allowed ?

10 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Waghorn is due to end his goal drought. 

Waggy is going to hit a crucial point scoring winner before the season ends. Matt Clarke will score with a header. Rotherham will lose 4 in a row and we’ll all wonder what the fuss was about. While I am already searching for a nice photo to post  of Steve Mcqueens great escape motorbike (It was a 1961 Triumph disguised as a war time BMW ?

2 hours ago, jono said:

Waggy is going to hit a crucial point scoring winner before the season ends. Matt Clarke will score with a header. Rotherham will lose 4 in a row and we’ll all wonder what the fuss was about. While I am already searching for a nice photo to post  of Steve Mcqueens great escape motorbike (It was a 1961 Triumph disguised as a war time BMW ?

You did watch to the end of Steve McQueen's great "escape"?

11 hours ago, Oldben said:

Rotherham lost tonight hurray!

What happens above us is now irrelevant, we only need to care about two teams, the Wendies and Rotherham.

Wycombe won last night but have a much worse GD, even two wins from three will not be enough. Wycombe have not won three games in succession since 4th March 1957 (that not true, but it hasn't stopped half the posts in this thread).

Positive - things may be bad, but they aren't as bad as we are thinking they are. We need teams below us to pick up points, which obviously they haven't been doing (or they'd be above us). 

If the teams below us don't get anything, we stay up even if we lose every game we have left. Just about, I think.