The Optimism Thread (no negativity allowed)

sage

I believe Derby played Blackpool away on a Tuesday night every single season they were in the Championship with us. I guess we may get an away day in Blackpool on a Saturday before the third/fourth... or fifth wave hits and we're all dead. 

I'd say that would be nice. 

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I believe Derby played Blackpool away on a Tuesday night every single season they were in the Championship with us. I guess we may get an away day in Blackpool on a Saturday before the third/fourth... or fifth wave hits and we're all dead. 

I've been to Blackpool. The beer was so bad, we spent most of our time in Preston.

Keeping to the positive aim of this thread.... The beer is good in nearby Preston.

On 26/04/2021 at 14:50, Ambitious said:

Last away game of the 2012/2013 season: Blackpool Saturday 27th April.

There is a photo of the big Rams flag hanging down on Blackpool pier somewhere but I can’t find it now.

We're not renewing our season tickets - two of us. So we'll save £598 on train travel, can't remember what the season tickets price for both of us North Stand lower was, around £750 - £800? so more clank saved there. Positives there I reckon. I won't include ale and cob money as savings as we'll spend that in boozers locally rather than in Derby. 

Edited by Bearwood Ram

14 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

We're not renewing our season tickets - two of us. So we'll save £598 on train travel, can't remember what the season tickets price for both of us North Stand lower was, around £750 - £800? so more clank saved there. Positives there I reckon. I won't include ale and cob money as savings as we'll spend that in boozers locally rather than in Derby. 

You'll have lots of time to count your money.... Its a bit overrated though. 

17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You'll have lots of time to count your money.... Its a bit overrated though. 

Won't be counting it. My other half runs a hospitality business and the last year has floored us despite me having a job, so every bit we can save and put back in is a positive ?

Edited by Bearwood Ram