Realistic Manager Alternatives

DCFC Kicks

Just now, IslandExile said:

A couple more ex-Rams.....I know, I know, please don't use Rowett, Gregory and Todd against me but....

I'm surprised he's not been mentioned yet but.....

Chris Powell

Was very successful at Charlton, won his one game in charge of the Rams, talks a lot of football sense.

His gig at Tottenham will only be temporary.

Otherwise.....

Paul Simpson

Was successful in his own right as Manager, without McClaren, at smaller clubs then with the England kids.

I'd have Rowett back tomorrow.  Get rid of Rooney and he only lives up the road.  Easy fix. Might even batten down the hatches enough to drag 4 points out of this sorry excuse for a side.

Powell did alright at Huddersfield but strikes me as a bit nice. Simpson is a good number 2 - maybe he'd be OK managing a load of No 2's.

Alex Neil

Ian Evatt

Paul Simpson

John Eustace

Russel Martin

Ryan Lowe

Michael Duff

If the worst happens then there are plenty of options and some of those would do a decent job in the championship too.

It will probably be Gary Bowyer though if we were to go down

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd have Rowett back tomorrow.  Get rid of Rooney and he only lives up the road.  Easy fix. Might even batten down the hatches enough to drag 4 points out of this sorry excuse for a side.

Powell did alright at Huddersfield but strikes me as a bit nice. Simpson is a good number 2 - maybe he'd be OK managing a load of No 2's.

After all we have been through, we dont want Rowett-ball again. One shot over two legs of the play-offs against Fulham, Vydra on the bench. No thanks.

Powell did alright at Huddersfield but he did really well at Charlton before that.

Simmo had an impressive record at lower league clubs (was it Rochdale, Stockport?) then was successful with the England kids (U-18s?).

Frank/Jody seem to divide opinion.....well more Frank than Jody, everyone loves Jody....but, despite some inept displays, despite some poor signings, despite the Wembley team selection, it was generally fun. (And we'll always have that Leeds game - oooh goosebumps)

Yeah, yeah, we need something longer term than three great loans but Jody would have the kids playing.

And, at least the aim would be entertaining, attacking football - for me that is an incredibly high consideration.

I still think there might be a salvage job for the next three games before we look at next season. Though everything points at league one next season, there is still a chance we will, by some minor miracle remain in the championship. It's a two parter if you like.

Get Mac in now for the remainder of the season and reacess after. Though I have to say, some great shouts for Derby old boys, my fave being Evatt.

Can't pass go and collect a new manager until we know a) Which league we are in and b) Which owner we have.

But for now and the love of all thats black and white.... Rooney must leave and fast. 

Wilder would be the dream and lives not a million miles away in South Yorkshire but is unlikely to take on such a mess. Ian Evatt would be a great shout if we get relegated as he clearly has something about him; doing great work with Bolton having done similar things with Barrow and is an ex-Ram.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

and if they do get rid of Wazza then there is only one man that can sort it all out for us.....he would keep us up and get us promoted next season easily......unfinished buisness

the KING

0_glhln0uivfawm245qxo0fenc2528253.jpg.072e04c211fd36bdb6637ac1d26f647e.jpg

i heard he got a gig for next Hobbit Triolgy.. 'A Bitter Journey'

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

and if they do get rid of Wazza then there is only one man that can sort it all out for us.....he would keep us up and get us promoted next season easily......unfinished buisness

the KING

0_glhln0uivfawm245qxo0fenc2528253.jpg.072e04c211fd36bdb6637ac1d26f647e.jpg

I'd honestly take that over another minute of Rooney.