Realistic Manager Alternatives

DCFC Kicks

7 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Fred Elliot would get the players motivated. 

Can he bring that Tommy Orpington bloke with him from Weatherfield County who must get about 30 a season .  He's been mentioned on the show since about 1995 so knocking on a bit but still a year younger than Kazim - Richards.

9 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why McInnes?

Came to Bristol bottom of league and went 8 games unbeaten to keep them up, but most of all he established a work ethic / formula at Aberdeen who had been drifting and underachieving for decades, winning a cup and finishing second to Celtic multiple times, really think he's improved as a Manager even from his early success getting St Johnstone promoted, players seem to love him and Shinnie would too 

2 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Came to Bristol bottom of league and went 8 games unbeaten to keep them up, but most of all he established a work ethic / formula at Aberdeen who had been drifting and underachieving for decades, winning a cup and finishing second to Celtic multiple times, really think he's improved as a Manager even from his early success getting St Johnstone promoted, players seem to love him and Shinnie would too 

Well, his win record at Brizzle is very poor and he didn’t last long there. Aberdeen are the third biggest team in the Mickey Mouse league so no great surprise that they win the odd cup or push for second when one of the so called big 2 falter. Not for me....

3 I wouldn't mind are:

Ian Evatt - Did well at Barrow, doing well at Bolton (albeit took a while), his Barrow team were called "Barrowcelona"

Russell Martin - His record isn't "outstanding" but plays decent football and sticks to it. You'd have to give him time to implement his style but it's certainly what our fans would probably like.

Jody Morris - Knows the club and has good relationship with fans. Would work well with the youth. However, no senior management experience... 

54 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Alan Pardew took Crystal Palace on an FA cup adventure and took the toon to 5th in the PL as well! 

Wouldn’t want McInnes anywhere near! 

Ian Evatt feels like a good shout regardless of the league we end up in.

If we do manage to stay in the league and if we have the finances for it and if he doesn't end up going to Sheff Utd; I'd make a serious effort to bring in Jokanovic.

And if in the strange scenario that Mac takes over for the next three and we pick up a few wins then I'd be tempted to see if he wants it full time.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

3 I wouldn't mind are:

Ian Evatt - Did well at Barrow, doing well at Bolton (albeit took a while), his Barrow team were called "Barrowcelona"

Russell Martin - His record isn't "outstanding" but plays decent football and sticks to it. You'd have to give him time to implement his style but it's certainly what our fans would probably like.

Jody Morris - Knows the club and has good relationship with fans. Would work well with the youth. However, no senior management experience... 

Russell Martin feels like a high risk option given he’s only been a manager for 17 months and, as you say, his record isn’t outstanding. 

Morris was only here for one season so I’m not sure how well he knows the club and his relationship with the fans was of course helped by a relatively successful season.

I know I’m not suggesting any alternatives but I think I’d be concerned if either of those were appointed.

19 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Ian Evatt feels like a good shout regardless of the league we end up in.

If we do manage to stay in the league and if we have the finances for it and if he doesn't end up going to Sheff Utd; I'd make a serious effort to bring in Jokanovic.

And if in the strange scenario that Mac takes over for the next three and we pick up a few wins then I'd be tempted to see if he wants it full time.

Another factor for Evatt if we did end up in L1... He'll have already lined up targets for when Bolton win promotion. As they'll be hoping for back to back promotions, those targets will likely be suitable for us too - he's already done the summer's scouting work for us.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Another factor for Evatt if we did end up in L1... He'll have already lined up targets for when Bolton win promotion. As they'll be hoping for back to back promotions, those targets will likely be suitable for us too - he's already done the summer's scouting work for us.

Good point, all signs suggest that if we do get relegated he'd be the stand out candidate.