Realistic Manager Alternatives

DCFC Kicks

40 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

If we were to sack Rooney, now or after we get relegated, or if we somehow stay up, who would we get as replacement? some people asking for Wilder but that doesn't seem realistic to me. After looking at available managers, are these some more realistic managers we could go for?:

Alex Neil 

Derek McInnes 

Tony Pulis

Kenny Jackett

Neil Harris

Steve McClaren

Garry Monk

anyone else?

I know it’s Realistic but what a bloody horrible list, and the worst thing is I can’t think of anyone else better who’d want to come ?

51 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

If we were to sack Rooney, now or after we get relegated, or if we somehow stay up, who would we get as replacement? some people asking for Wilder but that doesn't seem realistic to me. After looking at available managers, are these some more realistic managers we could go for?:

Alex Neil 

Derek McInnes 

Tony Pulis

Kenny Jackett

Neil Harris

Steve McClaren

Garry Monk

anyone else?

Bloody hell, that's grim

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Didn't do well at Bristol city, granted, but did a good job with Aberdeen. And it's Bristol city, look what they did to Chris Martin...

McInnes was appointed manager of Football League Championship club Bristol City in October 2011.[3] Despite avoiding relegation in 2011–12, McInnes was sacked by Bristol City in January 2013 with the club bottom of the Championship. 

You have find a manager who will fit the style of football in league one.

Theres absolutely no point going for a tippy tappy play it on the grass pretty football type appointment in that league with our current squad of wet wipes, you’ll get smashed to bits by by teams with little skill but maximum physicality. 

Honestly, if you want to be successful in league one, hire someone like Tony Pulis, let him sign a team full of 6 foot plus monsters to hoof it about and kick people 10 feet into the air. 

you need a horribleness about you to be successful in that league, players with character and a physical presence. This team of delicate little flowers would get eaten alive as we currently stand, look at what teams like Rotherham have done to us this season, you’ll get that most weeks in league one. 

This lot would fold like a pack of cards, they’re absolutely pathetic

I expect Rooney will be here for the rest of the season, unless the takeover happens very soon and the new owner wants an immediate change. I like the look of Ian Evatt as possible successor. He’s played for the Rams ( and Chesterfield), he got Barrow back into the league for the first time in close to 50 years and he has arrested the plummet down the EFL of Bolton Wanderers and they currently occupy a league 2 promotion spot. At Barrow and Bolton, his average points per game would accrue 73 points per season. As a bonus, he was a centre half so he might just teach us how to defend. Whether new owners would look at lower division managers is another matter.