Realistic Manager Alternatives

DCFC Kicks

Can I have a go?

I have no concept of strategy.

My idea of defence is to use Ronseal.

Attack keeps carpets in place.

Midfield is where they put that big circle.

As long as the numbers add up to ten it doesn't matter what formation the team plays in.

I may be clueless and useless but at least I'd cost less in wages and be cheaper to sack before the end of my contract.

Ideal Rams manager material I reckon!

1 minute ago, Asanovic70 said:

@Jimbo The commentary pairing on BBC Lancashire, the pundit was Colin Greenall. They were generally quite scathing about us, but thought we knocked the ball about well for a few spells. 

Must have been in the little boys room at the time.....we passed it around a bit but created next to nothing and we looked vulnerable defensively all game...

44 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If it came to accepting European super League and no promotion from "minor leagues" games in quarters, time outs, clock stop, player draft.....

I'd still take it over having Tony pulis

Four quarters of 15 minutes (or two halves of 30 minutes) where the clock is stopped every time the ball is not in play is an idea I'd love to see trialled tbh. 

No more time wasting at goalkicks, throw-ins, corners or free-kicks. 

No need to have arbitrary added on time for each substitution, goal or injury.

No advantage gained for feigning cramp or injury by correctly assuming that time wasted is never added on properly.

Once it's been trialled and seen to improve the game as a spectacle then maybe a quadrant could be added to each corner to stop teams shielding the ball in the corner too.

Edited by Rampant

6 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Can I have a go?

I have no concept of strategy.

My idea of defence is to use Ronseal.

Attack keeps carpets in place.

Midfield is where they put that big circle.

As long as the numbers add up to ten it doesn't matter what formation the team plays in.

I may be clueless and useless but at least I'd cost less in wages and be cheaper to sack before the end of my contract.

Ideal Rams manager material I reckon!

You're overqualified

tenor-9.gif

@Jimbo 

Look, football's about units, isn't it? Defensive reshuffle, so a collapse late on, not a surprise. We offer so little up front & don't carry a real threat so that puts pressure on the rest of the side.

The fact is, Preston were clinical when they had chances, we didn't create any as you say. We had some possession and pinned them for a period (2nd) but we didn't threaten/hurt them and that is what really counts.

Belief has ebbed from this side, we have lost to two sides who were out of form. The rest of the division can see we are rotten.

Edited by Asanovic70

We need a fighter of a manager ( could be Rooney) but we need 3 central defenders who know what they are doing - big tall and fearsome - midfielders who work damm hard in and out of possession and who move to ball forwards - forwards and a lot of them who like to actually shoot at the goal not over it or towards the corner flag but at it and they need to be of all types, big strong quick and skilful - whoever is doing the job next season has a big job on because we lack most of that sadly 

9 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Four quarters of 15 minutes (or two halves of 30 minutes) where the clock is stopped every time the ball is not in play is an idea I'd love to see trialled tbh. 

No more time wasting at goalkicks, throw-ins, corners or free-kicks. 

No need to have arbitrary added on time for each substitution, goal or injury.

No advantage gained for feigning cramp or injury by correctly assuming that time wasted is never added on properly.

Once it's been trialled and seen to improve the game as a spectacle then maybe a quadrant could be added to each corner to stop teams shielding the ball in the corner too.

I think I'd hate it. There would be less time wasted...but more time taken. I can't see it helping games flow.

Although, I am often wrong and trips might show it works.

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Tongue in cheek mate. It’s definitely got to be a manager with a promotion history on his CV. 

Wilder No 1 choice.

Haha, yes agreed. 

I'd like someone who gets them playing like they mean it. 

I have never seen a team so frightened to shoot. 

A couple more ex-Rams.....I know, I know, please don't use Rowett, Gregory and Todd against me but....

I'm surprised he's not been mentioned yet but.....

Chris Powell

Was very successful at Charlton, won his one game in charge of the Rams, talks a lot of football sense.

His gig at Tottenham will only be temporary.

Otherwise.....

Paul Simpson

Was successful in his own right as Manager, without McClaren, at smaller clubs then with the England kids.

18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We need a fighter of a manager ( could be Rooney) but we need 3 central defenders who know what they are doing - big tall and fearsome - midfielders who work damm hard in and out of possession and who move to ball forwards - forwards and a lot of them who like to actually shoot at the goal not over it or towards the corner flag but at it and they need to be of all types, big strong quick and skilful - whoever is doing the job next season has a big job on because we lack most of that sadly 

What fight are Wayne Rooney’s Derby County showing currently???