Barnsley v Derby, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the thought process but my god is it negative and honestly flawed.

It's basically countering Barnsley high ball and aggressive press by not be interested in passing at all and just booting it back. filling the team with enough big lumps to deal with the ball in the air. 

Their are three main issues with it though; Mengi is a complete liability and will switch off at least once, Shinnie is in dire need of a rest and won't cover the same amount of ground as he was 3 months ago and all the chopping and changing to the defence isn't conducive to being solid. 

Really wish I'd looked at the team before shelling out my tenner. Oh well, only myself to blame.

Shinnie & Knight without an attacking CM next to them does. not. work. FFS

The only central player midfielder we have capable of putting in a  challenge, running at players and get shots off is still on the bench even though it's been obvious for weeks that's the sort of player we need in there.

I'm hoping to have egg on my face but what a depressing team to put out.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Objective this season is to be in the championship next season - we have no one who looks like they will score regularly so we need to get points any which way we can - next season will be a different story again 

But how does putting out a poo team help achieve that? I am getting a similar vibe as when I saw the Cardiff team selection...

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The 5 game winning run I presume.

Bournemouth: 343
QPR: 343
Bristol: 4231
Boro: 442
Wycombe: 442

Fair point, we played 3 at the back and it worked in a couple of games, most notably against Bournemouth. The 442 worked against Boro. I recall us switching back to 433 at half time against QPR though. The lineups in a lot of these games were similar, you knew who was playing and what we were trying to do. I don't have a clue anymore. Performances have dropped since the Boro game. The chopping and changing simply isn't working.

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Really wish I'd looked at the team before shelling out my tenner. Oh well, only myself to blame.

Shinnie & Knight without an attacking CM next to them does. not. work. FFS

The only central player midfielder we have capable of putting in a  challenge, running at players and get shots off is still on the bench even though it's been obvious for weeks that's the sort of player we need in there.

I'm hoping to have egg on my face but what a depressing team to put out.

You little ray of sunshine you.. ?

Sith Happens
17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure what Mengi brings to the party...

I reckon he's one of those that brings a 4 pack of Carling but then drinks 12 bottles of the Peroni someone else bought with them. 

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos
Wisdom   Mengi   Clarke   Forsyth
Jozwiak   Edmundson   Shinnie   Knight
Kazim   Gregory 

or

Roos
Wisdom   Mengi   Edmundson   Clarke   Forsyth
Shinnie   Knight
Jozwiak   Kazim   Gregory 

Being asked to pick between those two is like being asked whether you'd rather shove a carrot or a parsnip up your arse.

Archived