Barnsley v Derby, Match Day Thread

ram59

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

He favours the hard-workers and the ones less likely to make mistakes.

There's no room for Sibley and the promising U23s to get regular game time

Which is normally the case when you are in a relegation battle. Judge him when he has a clean slate and hasn't got other people's mess to clean up.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Rooney really doesn't rate our creative players at all, does he? 

I wonder if he’s losing interest, the enthusiasm and positivity from early on in his tenure seems to have disappeared.  I saw him on SSN earlier this evening and he came across subdued to me. ?‍♂️

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Their pitch looks as bad as ours. 

Don't look good, what's that green stuff on it though ?

16 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I honestly believe we have the players to do it if we picked the right players in the right system. The issue is with getting out wide will be trying to do that with one winger and no attacking full backs..... also I strongly suspect "just putting the ball in the box" is something that they won't have much difficulty dealing. If we'd have played genuine attacking wide players or genuine wing backs, I might have said fair enough but this is just so unbelieavabley negative.

To be honest our plan is hope that Mengi stays switched on for 90 minutes and hope to cling to a point. And I think it will backfire

I understand how negative the lineup is I just think Rooney has oicked the game for the occasion. Poor pitch, game likely to be direct so try and be solid & hard to beat then build from there.

Trying to play good football on a poor pitch against one of the inform teams just wasnt going to be the plan.

Archived