Barnsley v Derby, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We appear to be playing a team to scare Pep's Manchester City. 

Or is it just Barnsley? 

Come on guys. If the team had our spirit they'd be down already. 

We are still in a period of transition in which Rooney is trying to embed some of his loan signings. 

We are more than capable of winning this with a positive attitude and a bit of luck. 

54 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Or is it just Barnsley? 

We are still in a period of transition in which Rooney is trying to embed some of his loan signings. 

We are more than capable of winning this with a positive attitude and a bit of luck. 

Ok, I am positively predicting a 3-0 defeat ?

14 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Big question is .... do I spend £10 on another let down , gutless , boring all possession no shots Rams TV pass or buy 12 bottles of Heineken for £10 at Tesco and watch the inevitable on Sky Sports News ? Honest advice please ??

This is more or less my dilemma

14 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Big question is .... do I spend £10 on another let down , gutless , boring all possession no shots Rams TV pass or buy 12 bottles of Heineken for £10 at Tesco and watch the inevitable on Sky Sports News ? Honest advice please ??

The beer, providing its brewed in Amsterdam from the original brewery and not under license here. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Or is it just Barnsley? 

I could be 'just' anyone, the way we are playing at the minute it wont matter. If we turn up in the same state as the last couple of matches we will be turned over regardless.

20 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Go for the Porto approach I say:

Roos in goal.

A back six of Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Edmundson, Forsyth and Buchanan.

Midfield three of Shinnie, Knight and Bird

Upfront CKR

in a wholly unrelated matter, I’ve gone large with Betfred on a 0-0 tonight...

Brave boy with your 0  0  bet,good luck but I think its a loser

Rooney has to change the team, as most of our problems is created by the defence.

Wisdom hasn't got the quality to play as centreback. He's poor recieving high balls using his head and, but rather good using his feet.

Therefor I feel he could do a better job as a defensive midfielder.

Clark strength are high balls, but he's slow, so his has to stay back and let the midfield create our play, because going forward he open up a big hole in defense.

Buchanan strength are his defensive play - his weaknesses are going forward. He stop half way up instead off going offensive to the backline and swing balls in to our forwards, which Forsyth does much better.

My team for tonight should therefore be 4-1-4-1:

Marshall

Mengi  Edmondson  Clarke  Foryth

Beni(Wisdom)

Bird  Watson  Knight Roberts

Kazim Richards

1 minute ago, twinthe_12 said:

Rooney has to change the team, as most of our problems is created by the defence.

Wisdom hasn't got the quality to play as centreback. He's poor recieving high balls using his head and, but rather good using his feet.

Therefor I feel he could do a better job as a defensive midfielder.

Clark strength are high balls, but he's slow, so his has to stay back and let the midfield create our play, because going forward he open up a big hole in defense.

Buchanan strength are his defensive play - his weaknesses are going forward. He stop half way up instead off going offensive to the backline and swing balls in to our forwards, which Forsyth does much better.

My team for tonight should therefore be 4-1-4-1:

Marshall

Mengi  Edmondson  Clarke  Foryth

Beni(Wisdom)

Bird  Watson  Knight Roberts

Kazim Richards

Are you seriously suggesting that Mengi replaces Byrne? I know Byrne made a mistake against Coventry but he has been one of our best players.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Or is it just Barnsley? 

Half the team could only dream of reaching this level of "can do" spirit ?

Archived