Barnsley v Derby, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JarodyDCFC said:

Hmm...Rooney never fails to surprise with his lineups that’s for sure. 

When we were in that good run of form, it was more or less the same shape and the same lineup every game. It was working. Ever since we stopped doing that, we've been losing and not playing anywhere near as well. Surprise surprise

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Urgh, I really am not sure I can face watching that line up. 

What are we even trying to do with that ? Because it feels like we've just gone ahead and picked based on height. 

Mengi has been awful but starts. Shinnie and Knight both knackered and both in terrible form both start. Bird really looks like picking up form, to the bench. 

Why are we playing 4 centre backs (arguably 5 with Forsyth)? 

It just feels like we aren't seeing the forest for the trees at this point.

With that lineup I am hoping its 343, not keen on Edmundson in centre mid based off his last game there. Also, I would prefer Wisdom at RB/RWB and Mengi central, at least Wisdom has played RB before whereas Mengi hasnt

Roos - Mengi Edmundson Clarke - Wisdom Knight Shinnie Forsyth - Jozwiak CKR Gregory

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Gregory as a make-shift winger though?

Could it be Jozwiak as number 10 and Gregory alongside CKR? 

Just feels like a lucky dip for the team and formation once again. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos
Wisdom   Mengi   Clarke   Forsyth
Jozwiak   Edmundson   Shinnie   Knight
Kazim   Gregory 

or

Roos
Wisdom   Mengi   Edmundson   Clarke   Forsyth
Shinnie   Knight
Jozwiak   Kazim   Gregory 

I think it's the first. We aren't going to see a game of football tonight are we ?

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Urgh, I really am not sure I can face watching that line up. 

What are we even trying to do with that ? Because it feels like we've just gone ahead and picked based on height. 

Mengi has been awful but starts. Shinnie and Knight both knackered and both in terrible form both start. Bird really looks like picking up form, to the bench. 

Why are we playing 4 centre backs (arguably 5 with Forsyth)? 

It just feels like we aren't seeing the forest for the trees at this point.

More tinkering. Fgs pick a stable team and keep to it. With players in their best positions

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's kind of Camelot to let Rooney borrow their lotto number randomizer for when he's making his team selections.

Where's Knight playing tonight?

Left back or in goal?

Hope I am wrong but I don’t like the look of that team whatsoever.....

First impressions - poor team. Mengi struggled, midfield of Shinnie and Knight too similar. Bird has been decent and now dropped. Looks like a huff and puff team derived of quality. The tinkering is a slight worry. I’ve praised Rooney for his adaptability, but this team is screaming out for some quality on the ball. It’s a football team lacking in any footballers! 

Rooney did say Barnsley aren't pretty, but are effective.

We've doubled down on the not pretty, and not effective tonight!

Add the wind, rain and boggy pitch to the equation, and fans of pisspoor 80's football will be in heaven.

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

When we were in that good run of form, it was more or less the same shape and the same lineup every game. It was working. Ever since we stopped doing that, we've been losing and not playing anywhere near as well. Surprise surprise

The 5 game winning run I presume.

Bournemouth: 343
QPR: 343
Bristol: 4231
Boro: 442
Wycombe: 442

Archived