Barnsley v Derby, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barnsley play a 343 with the front 3 staying high up the pitch. Unless we plan on Buchanan and Byrne not pushing up and sitting very narrow then we definitely want to go with 3/5 at the back ourselves.

Roos
Byrne   Wisdom   Edmundson   Clarke   Buchanan
Knight   Bird
Roberts   Kazim   Sibley

Byrne and Buchanan have to push up high, with Roberts and Sibley tucking in to avoid Kazim getting crowded out by their 3 CBs. 

Roos

Byrne       Wisdom       Clarke      Forsyth

Edmundson

Knight               Watson

Jozwiak            Richards             Roberts

Edmundson to sit in front of the back four allowing Knight and Watson to get forward and support CKR.

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'll pick up where I left off in the Cov thread. 

If we win this match I'll eat my own shoes. 

Cobblers.....

....may be able to help you find the best way to dish them up. #IstillbelieveeventhoughImaybedelusional.

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll be happy if we scab a 0-0 out of this game which is quite a sad and pathetic indictment of where we are as a club if the consensus is a no score draw against Barnsley is perceived as a good result. 

Not only a good result, but an unlikely one.... 

Barnsleh used to be the fixture I looked forward to for improving our gd..... ?

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll be happy if we scab a 0-0 out of this game which is quite a sad and pathetic indictment of where we are as a club if the consensus is a no score draw against Barnsley is perceived as a good result. 

Football is all about form , history counts for nothing , at the moment Barnsley are the form team of the Championship , so a point and a clean sheet tomorrow for us would be a decent and if not a vital point come the end of the season

Barnsley will have to contend with a different psychology.

They are no longer on a run that saw them into the playoffs places. They are now a team defending a play off place.

Barnsley were no ones pick to go up so now that a real possibility exists for them it will be interesting to see how cope with this different pressure.

6 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Barnsley will have to contend with a different psychology.

They are no longer on a run that saw them into the playoffs places. They are now a team defending a play off place.

Barnsley were no ones pick to go up so now that a real possibility exists for them it will be interesting to see how cope with this different pressure.

I think they will cope ?

21 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

They press high and fast so we have to bypass that. Forget style for this game and try to be more direct is what I think we should do. They play 3421 so will overcrowd the midfield so we have to have numbers in there.

I would go with -

Roos - Wisdom Edmundson Clarke - Byrne Knight Bird Watson Forsyth - Waghorn CKR

Idem Buchanan Mengi McDonald Shinnie Sibley Beni/Roberts Jozwiak Gregory

Think Waggy has the energy to press and play alongside CKR. Watson deserves a start and has made Bird look better when he has been on too. 3 young lads in centre mid could be dangerous but full of energy to match Barnsley quick press & counter. Id go with Fozzy, Buchanan needs a break, looked out of sorts vs Cov.

Yep, you lost me at the emboldened bit..

18 hours ago, ram59 said:

Birth year, so I had the great fortune of being on the Popside in the 70s, a far cry from what today's teenagers are having to put up with.

I think that I would go with that side or maybe swap Gregory and Waggy.

To be fair, today’s teenagers have also avoided some dark days that those of us a little longer in the tooth have suffered.

Archived