Barnsley v Derby, Match Day Thread

ram59

Oakwell stadium on Wednesday 10th March at 7pm.

I've noticed that nobody has started this one, so maybe I can bring some luck. Sorry, if I'm treading on somebody's toes.

All that counts now, is getting some points on the board, by luck or judgement.

I'm touching wood as I post this, hopefully it'll work.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Oakwell stadium on Wednesday 10th March at 7pm.

I've noticed that nobody has started this one, so maybe I can bring some luck. Sorry, if I'm treading on somebody's toes.

All that counts now, is getting some points on the board, by luck or judgement.

I'm touching wood as I post this, hopefully it'll work.

If you don't mind me asking, is 59 your age, birth year or something else? 

They press high and fast so we have to bypass that. Forget style for this game and try to be more direct is what I think we should do. They play 3421 so will overcrowd the midfield so we have to have numbers in there.

I would go with -

Roos - Wisdom Edmundson Clarke - Byrne Knight Bird Watson Forsyth - Waghorn CKR

Idem Buchanan Mengi McDonald Shinnie Sibley Beni/Roberts Jozwiak Gregory

Think Waggy has the energy to press and play alongside CKR. Watson deserves a start and has made Bird look better when he has been on too. 3 young lads in centre mid could be dangerous but full of energy to match Barnsley quick press & counter. Id go with Fozzy, Buchanan needs a break, looked out of sorts vs Cov.

Roos

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Forsyth    

Shinnie 

Watson        Bird

Roberts

Gregory    CKR

Give the diamond a whirl, why not?!

It's a tough call... we need to create more, but somehow without sacrificing anything in defence.

Roos
  Wisdom, Edmundson, Clarke
Byrne, Knight, Shinnie, Forsyth
           Watson, Sibley
                   Kazim

I've not heard anything about Marshall being available again, so Roos to keep his place. Knight back into the middle of the pitch. Forsyth in for Buchanan purely because he can put in a decent cross. Watson to start... he's the only midfielder that has always looked for a positive pass in his last couple of sub appearances.

Not particularly looking forward to this either. Their pressing game will really punish us if we continue to tit about with it at the back. COYR! ?

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If you don't mind me asking, is 59 your age, birth year or something else? 

Birth year, so I had the great fortune of being on the Popside in the 70s, a far cry from what today's teenagers are having to put up with.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

They press high and fast so we have to bypass that. Forget style for this game and try to be more direct is what I think we should do. They play 3421 so will overcrowd the midfield so we have to have numbers in there.

I would go with -

Roos - Wisdom Edmundson Clarke - Byrne Knight Bird Watson Forsyth - Waghorn CKR

Idem Buchanan Mengi McDonald Shinnie Sibley Beni/Roberts Jozwiak Gregory

Think Waggy has the energy to press and play alongside CKR. Watson deserves a start and has made Bird look better when he has been on too. 3 young lads in centre mid could be dangerous but full of energy to match Barnsley quick press & counter. Id go with Fozzy, Buchanan needs a break, looked out of sorts vs Cov.

I think that I would go with that side or maybe swap Gregory and Waggy.

Roos

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Bird 

Shinnie Watson 

Joz   CKR   Sibley

Joz and Sibley to get close to Colin for a more direct approach. 

Bird and Shinnie to be the ball winners in the midfield and battle. Watson as we need someone in the middle of the park who can drive and be influential. A lot to ask for a young lad but if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. 

Can’t see us winning against probably the most in form team in the division. Would love to be proved wrong.

Archived