The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

As an aside I book my blood tests at the Babington in Belper now, rather than the Royal. Free parking, similar travel time and virtually deserted. If I time it right I can walk up the stairs, straight to the seat, bloods done, back down the other stairs and into my car within about 3 minutes

I would have gone to the local surgery but it's all been centrallised due to Covid - Royal is fairly convenient and the booking system works well - just need to take a 2m stick with me if I have to go again ?

6 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

As an aside I book my blood tests at the Babington in Belper now, rather than the Royal. Free parking, similar travel time and virtually deserted. If I time it right I can walk up the stairs, straight to the seat, bloods done, back down the other stairs and into my car within about 3 minutes

When I was on Warfarin, I used to hate going to the old DRI for blood tests every week or two. An hour sitting with about 50 other people, half of whom were your classic "shouting at clouds" types or had three screaming snotty-nosed plague-carriers in tow, only to then have to run my hands under a hot tap for five minutes until a vein would condescend to making an appearance in the back of my hand (I'm convinced that I have no veins in my arms).

Thank goodness for Rivaroxaban.

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Very optimistic i think as the Governments own target is over 50's by mid April.

I think its still Over 55's being offered it so would take a massive effort to get over 40's done. However there is going to be an increase in supplies so you never know.

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

Very optimistic i think as the Governments own target is over 50's by mid April.

I think its still Over 55's being offered it so would take a massive effort to get over 40's done. However there is going to be an increase in supplies so you never know.

Some areas are already on the over 40s and hope to get all over 20s done by this date. Vaccinations have declined slightly recently due to supplies which last week should have seen increase that didn't happen, so it will be telling what these numbers are this week.

Wouldn't be surprised and hopefully the report is far out, as you say though will take a massive effort, but given where we are now, who knows.

Sith Happens
27 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Plenty of over 60s not done yet. Locally they are still doing 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions. I know at least 3 over 60s who've not heard anything yet.

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yep totally correct, the message has changed from wait for your invite.

You can also use that link if you havent got your date for your second dose yet.

It wont let you book it until around the 12 week mark. But done mine so at least i have my date now end of April.

Edited by Sith Happens

Sith Happens
46 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Some areas are already on the over 40s and hope to get all over 20s done by this date. Vaccinations have declined slightly recently due to supplies which last week should have seen increase that didn't happen, so it will be telling what these numbers are this week.

Wouldn't be surprised and hopefully the report is far out, as you say though will take a massive effort, but given where we are now, who knows.

Lets hope so.

I'm 45, and have just booked mine for Wednesday.

The text was marked as spam, so I nearly didn't bother.

No centres local to me were available though, so having it at Derby Arena, maybe the rollouts ahead of schedule in Derby?

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'm 45, and have just booked mine for Wednesday.

The text was marked as spam, so I nearly didn't bother.

No centres local to me were available though, so having it at Derby Arena, maybe the rollouts ahead of schedule in Derby?

Sounds like it then, In sure I read Derbyshire was doing better than average with the roll out. 

Apart from a county in the south of England, Derbyshire are well ahead of all other counties for the vaccinations.

However, there is still a problem with the BAME population with something like 25% of that group not having a jab, even when they have been offered it.

Today's Derby Telegraph newspaper have also highlighted that up to 900 NHS in Derby & Burton have still not taken the vaccines.

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

What age group is Derby on currently offering to?

I'm guessing they are in line with the national NHS website, which is currently showing 55 and over?

Muckerette got an invite text (From GP) on Thursday.  Booked straight away, through the swiftqueue app, and got in yesterday.  She's not 56 until July.  Using this route, she was given her second appointment, but that can then be changed, if not suitable.  (Her NHS letter was on the mat when we got back home from her appointment).

Last weekend (Sat 6th) I got my NHS letter through the post, and booked straightaway through the NHS site, which was then showing 56 and over.  (I'm 58).  I'm booked in for next Friday 19th, due to work commitments, but could have got a next day appointment, for last Sunday 7th.  I could choose my own appointment for the second jab, limited to between 11 to 12 weeks from first appointment.  I'm booked for 10th June (but could have had from 4th to 11th June).

Both at Derby Arena.

EDIT:
Muckerette did try to book herself in at the same time as me (Last Saturday 6th) "On the off-chance" but failed, presumably due to her date of birth, so it's gone from 56 to 55 during the past week.

Edited by Mucker1884

18 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm guessing they are in line with the national NHS website, which is currently showing 55 and over?

Muckerette got an invite text (From GP) on Thursday.  Booked straight away, through the swiftqueue app, and got in yesterday.  She's not 56 until July.  Using this route, she was given her second appointment, but that can then be changed, if not suitable.  (Her NHS letter was on the mat when we got back home from her appointment).

Last weekend (Sat 6th) I got my NHS letter through the post, and booked straightaway through the NHS site, which was then showing 56 and over.  (I'm 58).  I'm booked in for next Friday 19th, due to work commitments, but could have got a next day appointment, for last Sunday 7th.  I could choose my own appointment for the second jab, limited to between 11 to 12 weeks from first appointment.  I'm booked for 10th June (but could have had from 4th to 11th June).

Both at Derby Arena.

EDIT:
Muckerette did try to book herself in at the same time as me (Last Saturday 6th) "On the off-chance" but failed, presumably due to her date of birth, so it's gone from 56 to 55 during the past week.

Having mine on Friday 19th at The Madejski Reading.. Always a poo away day that..

Jus been keeping updated with the Oxford Astrazenica vaccine and the numbers of vaccines rolled out is something like 17 million I think there have been 22 cases of reported thrombosis out of the 17m. My understanding is these vaccines are first rolled out to the old and people with underlying health problems. Surely these people would be more likely to suffer this kind of  illness rather than the fit and well under 50’s. It may be worth monitoring but I get the feeling some countries are looking for things that aren’t there.

I could be wrong it’s early days yet but it wouldn’t put me off. I think I’d rather go British.

17 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Jus been keeping updated with the Oxford Astrazenica vaccine and the numbers of vaccines rolled out is something like 17 million I think there have been 22 cases of reported thrombosis out of the 17m. My understanding is these vaccines are first rolled out to the old and people with underlying health problems. Surely these people would be more likely to suffer this kind of  illness rather than the fit and well under 50’s. It may be worth monitoring but I get the feeling some countries are looking for things that aren’t there.

I could be wrong it’s early days yet but it wouldn’t put me off. I think I’d rather go British.

Any reported cases in the countries with the most AZ vaccines given or is it just from those countries that are jealous from our roll-out?