The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

Sith Happens
Just now, Gerry Daly said:

My concern is that it could affect take up here. 

I wondered that. But in a strange way I think the obvious EU attempts to discredit it previously might help our public to recognise that it is an over reaction. 

43 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

By my calculation 1 in 500,000 have suffered a blood clot. I think it is less than people who haven’t had the vaccine and have had a blood clot.

I've had five episodes of deep vein thrombosis in the past, the last being 6 years ago. I should be dead by rights.

11 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

My concern is that it could affect take up here. 

Mine too. Wouldn't surprise me if, come the summer, they'll all be saying, Yes, come and visit our country, as long as you're vaccinated. Not with that AZ one though. That doesn't count.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Apparently the over 40's invite in Notts yesterday was a mistake. They are honoring appointments already booked but over 40's are not yet eligible.

Doesn't sound like it will be long - the news last night seemed to be suggesting that all over 40s would be vaccinated by Easter - that's only 3 weeks away. It's taking roughly a week to vaccinate the age groups in blocks of 5 years, so that sort of almost adds up.

If you get mild side effects from the vaccine (such as aches/pains or flu-like symptoms), you're advised to take paracetamol. If you read the warnings in the packet of the potential side-effects from Paracetamol, you may well have a heart-attack as they're considerably more serious than the health issues people are panicking about from the vaccine....

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

If you get mild side effects from the vaccine (such as aches/pains or flu-like symptoms), you're advised to take paracetamol. If you read the warnings in the packet of the potential side-effects from Paracetamol, you may well have a heart-attack as they're considerably more serious than the health issues people are panicking about from the vaccine....

To be fair, if paracetamol was discovered today it would be prescription only.

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Doesn't sound like it will be long - the news last night seemed to be suggesting that all over 40s would be vaccinated by Easter - that's only 3 weeks away. It's taking roughly a week to vaccinate the age groups in blocks of 5 years, so that sort of almost adds up.

I'm keen to get the jab but to be honest, I've got a horrific workload for the rest of this month, so on balance could probably do without the potential of a couple of days feeling rough - as both Mrs & Gran Wolfie did with theirs.

Just now, Wolfie said:

I'm keen to get the jab but to be honest, I've got a horrific workload for the rest of this month, so on balance could probably do without the potential of a couple of days feeling rough - as both Mrs & Gran Wolfie did with theirs.

I had a sore arm for an evening. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it - a few people seem to have had more extreme symptoms but of all the people I know who've had it, only my wife had worse (her arm ached for a couple of days - that's all). 

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

And the paper cuts opening the packet of paracetamol...life threatening.

Sith Happens

What i dont get is why they have slammed the brakes on so quick on AZ.  But when deaths were reported with the Pfizer vaccine there was no pausing.

https://www.newsweek.com/pfizer-biontech-covid-vaccine-deaths-eu-medicines-agency-1565405

Yes the Regulator came out after investigating and said no link, but they didnt pause that while they waited on the investigation.

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

What i dont get is why they have slammed the brakes on so quick on AZ.  But when deaths were reported with the Pfizer vaccine there was no pausing.

https://www.newsweek.com/pfizer-biontech-covid-vaccine-deaths-eu-medicines-agency-1565405

Yes the Regulator came out after investigating and said no link, but they didnt pause that while they waited on the investigation.

Politics

All them millions of vaccines which could go to the poorer countries. I despair with our European neighbours. No evidence whatsoever that this causes blood clots. The only clots I see are them politicians who want to make everyone's life more miserable.

Sith Happens

From the BBC news feed:

Véronique Trillet-Lenoir, who is a French oncologist and an MEP, is asked by BBC News why the AstraZeneca vaccine is coming under more scrutiny than other authorised vaccines such as the Pfizer vaccine.

"We have maybe a specific regard on AstraZeneca. As you know, the firm did probably not fulfil all the commitments [it] made in the contracts with the EU. The vaccine is not that effective on the South African variant, so there are some warnings on these vaccines, which probably led the governments to be even more cautious on it."

On the suggestion that the decision might be seen as a political move, she says that as a medical doctor, she tries to "stick to the scientific evidence" and hopes the suspension will be lifted if the vaccine is shown to be safe for specific populations.

So admit that they are targetting it because of the fall out over supplies, then say oh its not political....