The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Poor Boris ?

I am beginning to wonder if boris might be comming under pressure to impose these regulations as opposed to him doing it as a diversion tactic ,,, he stand s fast with plan a in the face of media and others ,, all of a sudden all this party stuff and wallpaper what’s app s start appearing ,do we believe they have just been discovered or held like trump card to play when needed ,,, hey presto plan b , plan c , vaccine passports and hints at mandated vaccination ??‍♂️

8 hours ago, Archied said:

I am beginning to wonder if boris might be comming under pressure to impose these regulations as opposed to him doing it as a diversion tactic ,,, he stand s fast with plan a in the face of media and others ,, all of a sudden all this party stuff and wallpaper what’s app s start appearing ,do we believe they have just been discovered or held like trump card to play when needed ,,, hey presto plan b , plan c , vaccine passports and hints at mandated vaccination ??‍♂️

If the media have say 3 pics of Boris doing a naughty, are they likely to show them all at once, or one at a time?

Tightening restrictions every time there is a Boris scandal will make many folks angry i should imagine.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

What does the government have to gain from mandating vaccines and imposing tighter restrictions?

Quite a lot at the moment. The past few weeks have been a car crash so if media and people an talk about anything other than partygate, chamging rules to save their dodgy mates in parliament, telling lies about who paid for decorating no.10 etc...

An outbreak of cholera would be welcome news for the comms department at Downing street

Jesus wept!

A million booster shots a day before New Year???

Never going to happen, he’s just thrown the public and NHS under the bus with a completely unrealistic target to take the attention away from his utter shambles.

Urghhhhh!

Edited by Ramarena

35 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I read that in Singapore they will be charging non vaccinated for hospital treatment if they get the virus..

Seems a fair idea (instead of the vaccinated tax payers subsidising them?)

Singapore is a privatised system, paid for by wage deductions and insurance - you can't just walk into an A&E without insurance, so its not free anyway.

You can. however, pay for any treatment, including Covid, with your insurance policy whether you are vaxed or not.

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

What does the government have to gain from mandating vaccines and imposing tighter restrictions?

I don’t think they gain anything from it they are just not brave enough to do anything different. I think there are a few reasons reason why they introduce tighter restrictions, 1st as another poster mentioned is a complete distraction tactic from all the current accusations. 2nd is complete fear, the media have whipped many of the population into a Covid scared frenzy and if it does go pear shaped with this new variant (which all indications are it won’t even with current restrictions) then the government are scared to death of the repercussions so are going extra cautious. 3rd they are also listening and paying to much credence to their science advisors who so far have modelled it and got it sooooooo wrong every time to the point iirs absolute gross negligence (the link below has this data)

41 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t think they gain anything from it they are just not brave enough to do anything different. I think there are a few reasons reason why they introduce tighter restrictions, 1st as another poster mentioned is a complete distraction tactic from all the current accusations. 2nd is complete fear, the media have whipped many of the population into a Covid scared frenzy and if it does go pear shaped with this new variant (which all indications are it won’t even with current restrictions) then the government are scared to death of the repercussions so are going extra cautious. 3rd they are also listening and paying to much credence to their science advisors who so far have modelled it and got it sooooooo wrong every time to the point iirs absolute gross negligence (the link below has this data)

SAGE have just announced that for those interested in watching the Queen’s Christmas Speech that viewers should tune in continuously between midnight 23 December till 9am 6 January. If you propose to watch with another person, a mask and two metre distance is recommended, but that may not be necessary if sprouts have not been consumed.

Edited by i-Ram

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Singapore is a privatised system, paid for by wage deductions and insurance - you can't just walk into an A&E without insurance, so its not free anyway.

You can. however, pay for any treatment, including Covid, with your insurance policy whether you are vaxed or not.

I believe part of entry into Singapore is proof of Covid Insurance as well as international vaccine documentation.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

That Spectator data is totally cherry-picked, and the other side of the fear-mongering coin - rather than driving fear, they are driving scepticism - and thus the polarised lines are drawn yet again. 

I could pick all the graphs apart for you, but it's Monday and I'm tired - and if people want to use those graphs to confirm their beliefs, I suspect I'm not going to change anyone's mind

Simply put - I agree with your first two points, but not your third. Modelling scenarios is their job. A scenario is not wrong or right - it's just a scenario. You can't use hindsight to say a model was wrong. It was right based on the data at the time (and whatever variables they applied to the specific scenario).