Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

13 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I’m not getting carried away here but Wazza again demonstrating a natural talent for football leadership. Holmes’ parting shot dispatched with aplomb by Wazza and now Bristol brushed aside with equal breaziness. 

Wayne quote - agents can circle around as much as they like but the players that I want to stay will be staying. Love it.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic Derby, playing for each other and putting in performances to make us proud. I genuinely can’t remember (maybe the Phil Brown squad) when we’ve been so threadbare and what Wayne is getting out of them is tremendous. Nothing but credit from this fan. COYR.

On 23/01/2021 at 18:59, brady1993 said:

After today I'm fairly convinced the best team with the best balance we can put out is:

Roos

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan 

Bielik

Knight    Bird 

Jozwiak         CKR         Sibley

With Bristol most often setting up as a 442 I'd be tempted to stay 3 at the back and in that case I'd go for the same as started today but with Sibley on the left.

The best team is clearly the one that he picks. The dude knows what he is doing.

5 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Two points

Massive hats off to Rooney. I for one was sceptical with his appointment. But my god he’s got us fired up and willing to fight tooth and nail for this football club. Which is difficult with the off the field shenanigans.

Graeme Shinnie. Need I say more. A colossus. What a man. I would just love to be there at PP. One of many roaring him on 

Absolute Herculean footballer. Couldn’t understand what on Earth Cocu was on when he said Shinnie needed to change his style ?‍♂️

Bristol City were atrocious. Didn’t look like they knew what to do with the ball from minute one. Weird formation. Weird player selection. Dean Holden won’t be in the job long if they carry on like that.

We were industrious. Dogged. Not pretty, other than Max Bird. You could argue that’s the only way to be on a pitch like that. Either way, it’s great to win three in a row, regardless of how they come.

The state of the pitch is a real concern, though. Not sure the “didn’t have enough time because of the short break” excuse really washes. It’s awful. And it may have contributed to us losing our best player...again.

Fingers crossed Bielik is alright. Knowing our luck...he won’t be. 

8 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Lucky clouds in the sky today. We managed to win at Millwall with this ref.

I'm sat in a different end for this one in my lucky Sunhouse Crazy On The Weekend T-Shirt.

I can feel all your love for the club amongst the chaos. C'mon Mr Evans I believe in you and the lads.

Keep on chasing the dream.

Up The Rams

I'm enjoying a crazy Saturday night in a different end singing my head off with my lucky Sunhouse Crazy On The Weekend T-Shirt now off and I'm swinging it above my head.

I love Derby County Football Club.

D..C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

18 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Missed the last ten. Anything happen to stop bucchanan getting man of the match?

Yes he showed off his Forest tattoo and kicked David Attenborough in the windpipe. Still prefer him to Malone though.

Great result, and a pretty good performance. CKR has a wonderful awareness, and the way he stood it up right at the end is how a centre forward should play. Great effort from everyone, with Shinnie and Knight doing the hard yards. But I am telling you now our two best academy youngsters are Buchanan and Bird. Both are improving so much. Bird has all the qualities of Michael Carrick. He’s going to still make some mistakes at his age, but you can just tell he can step it up over the coming years. Viva la Rooney.

I enjoyed Chris Martin’s warming down routine too.

Archived