Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic win, I'm absolutely chuffed bar the obvious downer...

This team probably isn't going to score a lot without reinforcements but WR has got them playing a good style that also appears to be incredibly assured at the back. The defence looks like a completely different unit to the early-season one.

Credit to every player out there who has clearly bought in to what Wayne wants. They don't stop running, don't stop giving their all, and given the off-the-field issues, that is even more commendable.

If we can only get a couple more in for depth purposes at least, especially if we are to be without Bielik, then we won't even need to look over our shoulders anymore. The character and the desire shown by this squad give me more than enough confidence.

On a side note, how poor are Bristol City? They had one shot on target which my gran could have wheeled herself across our boggy pitch to save. Other than that we were barely troubled. It's happened a lot recently where we play against sides sitting in the lofty-heights we could only dream of, and I think to myself "how on earth are you that far up the table?!" And I guess that is yet another testament to how well we've been doing. We are making what must be decent sides at this level look below-average at best.

Get the absolute chuff in 

massive result, truly massive 

gutted about bielik.. fingers crossed for him 

But finished the game with 5 accademy products on the pitch ... when not to like 

it’s amazing what can be achieved when a manager plays to the strengths of the players at his disposal 

coyr!!!

9 minutes ago, DerpyDane said:

It actually angers me how Sibley aint even allowed to get the last 10 minutes of a game. Its not as if we're scoring goals for fun and we can't use his attacking prowess. He's such a bright talent thats being wasted atm, 

Perhaps. Except the person who’s paid to make these decisions isn’t afraid to play youngsters.  
Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Macdonald, Hector-Ingram all got their chance today. 
Maybe Sibley just isn’t doing enough to justify his inclusion.

Another really solid 1-0 win, where we should have scored more again.

We keep looking much better than teams way higher in the league. Shame we were so bad for so many games at the beginning of the season, we look like a top 6 side now.

Great work from Rooney and the gang.

Archived