Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

Two points

Massive hats off to Rooney. I for one was sceptical with his appointment. But my god he’s got us fired up and willing to fight tooth and nail for this football club. Which is difficult with the off the field shenanigans.

Graeme Shinnie. Need I say more. A colossus. What a man. I would just love to be there at PP. One of many roaring him on 

Think u speak for many with that , myself included 

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great win, showing heart and desire again, Shinnie, been great since Rooney took over as manager. 

Talking about Rooney what a great surprise he has been, great at motivating the players, tactics spot on, defence solid, gives great interviews, learnt alot from Mr Ferguson by the look of it, hope Rooney is the one to lead us to the prem in a few years time, love watching my Derby again. 

7 minutes ago, James Pond said:

You must be aware that a player who's had an injury such as Bielik had. Will be assesed on his physical capabilities, He will be checked/asked by the Physio on his 1st day back at training after the last game.

Players are a commodity in todays football world, And get the best the club can give in treatment and advice.

Where have I said Bielik hasn’t been assessed or checked?

Where have I said he hasn’t been given the best medical treatment or medical advice?

Ultimately it’s not the medical team who decide whether Bielik plays or how long for.

That’s down to the player and the management team.

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Think we'll go up now. Playoffs though, we've probably left it to late for the automatic spots, need to be realistic ??

Methinks you jest, I do not! Wayne’s contacts in his phone might just play a huge part next two days. And I’m not talking about......Kate Mckinnon Flirting GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Good win today. Deserved . Around us, good win for Wednesday as well who seem to be on a similar one goal margin in games..  QPR have a game in hand they could do with losing.  Wycombes goose looks cooked . Must have let in 4 in about 20 minutes.  Not sure if that loanee from West Brom played for Forest but he will make a difference based on Baggies opinion.

Massive game against Rotherham next who look like they might be to this league what Burnley are to the prem -up and down build a squad then become efficient at the higher level.  Can't lose that one.

Looking up not down now.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Where have I said Bielik hasn’t been assessed or checked?

Where have I said he hasn’t been given the best medical treatment or medical advice?

Ultimately it’s not the medical team who decide whether Bielik plays or how long for.

That’s down to the player and the management team.

WR will seek the Medics advice, The Medics will decide if Bielik is fit to play, Only WR will decide if he plays if concidered fit and for how long.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

But it was always the risk we were taking by relying on and pushing to the limits a player who had only just returned from such a serious injury. 12 consecutive starts and playing the full 90 all but twice is madness when you think about it.

Sorry, have to disagree with this.  Bielik was not rushed back into the first team, as tempting as it might be for a manager.  He spent enough time in recovery and playing in the U23’s.  IMO he was brought back when the club’s physician, sports physiologist, the management and himself deemed it the right time.  This showed in how well he was playing and how confident he has been.

If the injury is bad, I think you are wrong to put it on the back room staff.  It will be a matter of bad luck.

1 minute ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Sorry, have to disagree with this.  Bielik was not rushed back into the first team, as tempting as it might be for a manager.  He spent enough time in recovery and playing in the U23’s.  IMO he was brought back when the club’s physician, sports physiologist, the management and himself deemed it the right time.  This showed in how well he was playing and how confident he has been.

If the injury is bad, I think you are wrong to put it on the back room staff.  It will be a matter of bad luck.

Great Post mate, agree with every word, and yes Bielik has looked a class above at times and will be missed, like u and many others hope it's not as bad as first feared, my fingers and  toes will be crossed for a quick return for Mr Bielik. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

I would'nt and IMO you'd be making a big error if you did because he cannot do what CKR does ....not in a million years Coin gives us presence and doesn't let anyone settle on the ball, quite outstanding and much better than I thought he'd be....also has a very positive influence on others ..was good to see JHI doing exactly what Colin does ...Martin has been good for us but his days are gone 

I’m a big Chris Martin fan but I agree with this....... CKR influence both on and on the pitch is huge

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Bristol City were atrocious. Didn’t look like they knew what to do with the ball from minute one. Weird formation. Weird player selection. Dean Holden won’t be in the job long if they carry on like that.

We were industrious. Dogged. Not pretty, other than Max Bird. You could argue that’s the only way to be on a pitch like that. Either way, it’s great to win three in a row, regardless of how they come.

The state of the pitch is a real concern, though. Not sure the “didn’t have enough time because of the short break” excuse really washes. It’s awful. And it may have contributed to us losing our best player...again.

Fingers crossed Bielik is alright. Knowing our luck...he won’t be. 

Would have been in top six if they had won today. 

Great win and a really good performance. We didn’t give Bristol a sniff barring 15 mins before half time following Bielik’s injury. I’m second half if anyone was going to score it was us. Created good chances again, Bird was so unlucky to hit the post, did everything right and it was a fantastic move. Loving everything about this team right now, I seriously can’t see how anyone can even think this team playing like that will go down. And this isn’t the first time, there have been many good performances in the playoff form we’ve displayed since Rooney took charge.

The huge downside is Bielik. Gutted for him, looks a wonderful player. Hope it isn’t serious and if it is that he can come back from it. No reason why he can’t he’s still young. Big loss for us but Shinnie Knight and Bird is a good midfield three at this level and it means Knight can now finally play in his best position.

Our first 11 is more than good enough for this league, even without Bielik. We are struggling for numbers though but with Lawrence to come back, a couple of new faces we will hopefully be in a position to really kick on. Things could be looking really positive going into a game on Tuesday night which has the potential to really pull us away from this relegation fight and start looking up the table.

51 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Would have been in top six if they had won today. 

I like how we are making good teams look ordinary or poor in terms of today. Sign of a good team. We really limit shots at goal. Considering how long we've been defensively frail, it's a welcome change. 

3 wins on the trot. I'm getting a nose bleed. If we figure out how to play against poor teams around us, it will be 4. With the neat short passing I saw today, I think we can dominate Rotherham. 

Archived