Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't able to watch today, so Talk Sport 2 for me.

Perry Groves saying some very nice things about us, despite the drivel that those around him are saying.

He says no way are we playing like a team going down.

Great result today lads, and all credit to Wayne.

Fingers crossed for KB ?

Two points

Massive hats off to Rooney. I for one was sceptical with his appointment. But my god he’s got us fired up and willing to fight tooth and nail for this football club. Which is difficult with the off the field shenanigans.

Graeme Shinnie. Need I say more. A colossus. What a man. I would just love to be there at PP. One of many roaring him on 

Good result that, especially given the circumstances surrounding Bielik’s injury. The lads showed real character to pull themselves together during the second half, and we largely actually still controlled the game. Thoroughly deserved the win, even during the second half we were still the better team creating the better chances - Bristol didn’t ever massively threaten us, and we always looked the most likely to get another goal. With the chances we had we probably should have had at least one more, and that’s where we need to improve, so that we can start getting that second goal we so desperately need. But an excellent, controlled performance today, probably the best we’ve been in possession all season, despite the playing surface! Well done all involved for staying composed after the Bielik injury.

Feels like a bittersweet win today, but a win nonetheless. Bielik will be a huge miss for us (IF it's as bad as we think it is), but this is a team game, and there is plenty of spirit in this team. Fair bloody play to Rooney, he's steadied the ship, is picking up wins, and seems to have his team fighting and scrapping for every point. I'm looking at the positives today, and three wins on the bounce is a huge positive for us right now. COYR!

Good win today. Deserved . Around us, good win for Wednesday as well who seem to be on a similar one goal margin in games..  QPR have a game in hand they could do with losing.  Wycombes goose looks cooked . Must have let in 4 in about 20 minutes.  Not sure if that loanee from West Brom played for Forest but he will make a difference based on Baggies opinion.

Massive game against Rotherham next who look like they might be to this league what Burnley are to the prem -up and down build a squad then become efficient at the higher level.  Can't lose that one.

Phew! My pre-match fears that Chrissy Martin would come back to haunt us with a winning goal have been well and truly dispelled.

A very solid performance - industrious with bags of grit and character...which augurs well for the future. We've come a long way (on the pitch anyway) since that horrorshow of a performance against Blackburn Rovers on 26/09/2020. 

Obviously the Bielik injury is a massive concern especially as he's been an instrumental component in our "mini-revival"...

Without wishing to lower the tone, from a sartorial perspective I thought that Bentley (Bristol City) goalkeeper's sub-acid house stylee jersey bordered on the grotesque and wasn't particularly pleasing on the eyes.

Let's hope, but I'm not exactly holding my breath, that Mister Candy Crush-Saga gives us some news that will provide a resolution (either way) to the putative takeover saga.

A bottle of Brunswick Brewery "Rocket" beckons. COYR!!

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

Professional second half. Game changed after Bielik was injured. I hope he isn’t out for long but I think we will need someone in to replace him for the rest of the season.

Max Bird had a good game but looked better further up the pitch in my opinion. I’m sure we can cope using Bird in the Bielik position, but I think we need someone more physical. Rooney needs to get on the phone to see who’s available and doesn’t mind playing for free! ?

We work too hard for the opposition. Colin is such a cool player. Genius signing. Wayne has even got Waggy playing well. Hardest working Derby team that I can remember in decades. Bird has done well, nearly back to his best. You have to face six blocks or tackles to get 50 m against us which reduces them to long ball whilst Clark, Wizz and co simply head it away. Martin v Colin - case closed. Some incredible signings in the last window now Wayne is telling them what to do. Wayne plays a simple, incredibly organised game and frankly expects to win every game.

Archived