Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

2 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

14 pts off the POs ?

I may need to revise my 14th in league finish prediction. We are reeling teams in and have got most of them to play yet. Beat Rotherham and Barnsley and get two or three in this window and confidence will be sky high.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

CKR is my favourite Derby player at the moment,he's been excellent for us but would i swap him for Martin at this point?

Absolutely....Martin is still the more accomplished player and his breadth of talent is superior as a team player even at this stage in their careers.

Having said that,Colin is our player now and Chrissie is Bristol's so let's hope CKR has the better game today.

I would'nt and IMO you'd be making a big error if you did because he cannot do what CKR does ....not in a million years Coin gives us presence and doesn't let anyone settle on the ball, quite outstanding and much better than I thought he'd be....also has a very positive influence on others ..was good to see JHI doing exactly what Colin does ...Martin has been good for us but his days are gone 

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I would'nt and IMO you'd be making a big error if you did because he cannot do what CKR does ....not in a million years Coin gives us presence and doesn't let anyone settle on the ball, quite outstanding and much better than I thought he'd be....also has a very positive influence on others ..was good to see JHI doing exactly what Colin does ...Martin has been good for us but his days are gone 

Err,well,yes,he plays for another team which sort of gives it away 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

An injury always a likely scenario on the compost heap were playing on.  Won't be long till we get complaints and it's looked at.  

Cos we've never got any serious knee injuries on a "perfect" Pride Park surface have we.

23 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

3 words... absolutely ducked brilliant

Fantastic performance again - gutted for Bielik, Bird came

in, and was an 8/10, stunning

looks like were on a run ??

Thanks for that, whoever it was..

are we not doing the F asterisk thing now then ?

Excellent display overall. First 30 mins we played them off the park, they couldn't get close to us in midfield & thought Bird playing at 10 was a masterstroke. Cracking move & finish from CKR and Bird so unlucky to hammer the post. 

Bielik's injury obviously unsettled us both in terms of the apparent severity of injury & his loss in front of the back 4. Really hope it looked worse than it looked, he's been instrumental to our upturn since late November & particularly cruel for it to happen during a game where we looked really dangerous. Credit to the lads for seeing it out to half time though when Bristol sniffed blood.

Second half, a really professional performance. Soaked up their pressure when we needed to, controlled the play when we needed to. Defence was impeccable, Shinnie & Bird excellent with CKR playing an unbelievable role as target man dragging us up the field again & again. Bristol totally ran out of ideas in the end & barely threatened Marshall.

Big few days ahead with diagnosis of Bielik's injury & a must not lose game at Rotherham. We've given overselves a bit of a cushion again though & dragged others into the mix. Well done you Rams ??

21 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Very big performance yet again, and it’s time for another one on Tuesday.

Obviously the Bielik injury is a huge blow and we hope it’s not too serious. But it was always the risk we were taking by relying on and pushing to the limits a player who had only just returned from such a serious injury. 12 consecutive starts and playing the full 90 all but twice is madness when you think about it.

Tell me, When did you pass your Medical Qualifications, I'd have thought DCFCs Medics would be Professional enough to actually know what they are doing.

But thinking is not knowing aye.

5 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Tell me, When did you pass your Medical Qualifications, I'd have thought DCFCs Medics would be Professional enough to actually know what they are doing.

But thinking is not knowing aye.

What does being a medical professional have to do with it?

Where have I questioned the competence of anyone?

All I said is that we took a risk. An understandable decision given our Championship status being under threat and how vital Bielik has proven to be. But it was still a risk.

We just have to hope that the injury isn’t as bad as feared and we take the lessons from it.

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

What does being a medical professional have to do with it?

Where have I questioned the competence of anyone?

All I said is that we took a risk.

"But it was always the risk we were taking by relying on and pushing to the limits a player"

You must be aware that a player who's had an injury such as Bielik had. Will be assesed on his physical capabilities, He will be checked/asked by the Physio on his 1st day back at training after the last game.

Players are a commodity in todays football world, And get the best the club can give in treatment and advice.

47 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Tuesday now takes on a different meaning. It’s still a massive game but today’s win makes it a push to mid table if we win instead of a relegation 6 pointer!

Push towards mid table.......I’m weighing up play offs.....laugh all you want, well not that much, always believe. These 1-0 shut outs are better than 3-2s 4-3s. Wayne’s building a formidable team here, I mean it. Frank who? Ps it’s my first ale....honest......

Oh and Andre Wisdom my MOM ?

image.jpg

1 minute ago, James Pond said:

"But it was always the risk we were taking by relying on and pushing to the limits a player"

You must be aware that a player who's had an injury such as Bielik had. Will be assesed on his physical capabilities, He will be checked/asked by the Physio on his 1st day back at training after the last game.

Players are a commodity in todays football world, And get the best the club can give in treatment and advice.

Absolutely right, this isn't the 70s'.

The sad reality is some players tear ACLs more than once. But at this level it's largely down to bad luck rather than medical incompetence because restructuring the knee doesn't make it any stronger.

Archived