Keogh

Sean

It depends what they're objecting to. He's a decent Championship-level defender, but looking purely from the outside he's a player who is well into his 30s, only recently back from a serious career-threatening injury and was sacked by a previous club for his involvement in a drink-drive accident. I can imagine a lot of supporters wouldn't want their club to sign a player with that baggage. I'm also fairly certain that plenty of our supporters would feel the same if the player in question wasn't Keogh. (I don't have a strong opinion either way, just suggesting how fans of other clubs might view it)

8 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

It depends what they're objecting to. He's a decent Championship-level defender, but looking purely from the outside he's a player who is well into his 30s, only recently back from a serious career-threatening injury and was sacked by a previous club for his involvement in a drink-drive accident. I can imagine a lot of supporters wouldn't want their club to sign a player with that baggage. I'm also fairly certain that plenty of our supporters would feel the same if the player in question wasn't Keogh. (I don't have a strong opinion either way, just suggesting how fans of other clubs might view it)

They are probably objecting because he is a massive pile of dog poop..? and like you say who is just back from a career-threatening injury and has just been sacked by a team worse off than they are..? 

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

They don't seem overly happy as a fan base- understatement. Leeds probably haven't noticed yet, but expect a few thousand horrific comments to be incoming through the day.  Huddersfield, Derby and Keogh - not that there bothered or anything.  A few of our lot have pointed out he'll probably be a better signing than Holmes. 

50 minutes ago, David said:

MK Dons give him a chance to prove himself after what could have easily been a career ending injury, jumped ship at the first opportunity for a 4 month deal. 

In fairness, I was told his arrangement at MK Dons was on a pay-as-you-play basis - and not very much even when he did play. You have to assume that Huddersfield are paying him a contract and he's had the carrot of an extra year dangled too?

I didn't realise Keogh was just one of a set of triplets! Absolutely terrifying.

Maybe it's just me, and everyone else knew? It would explain why some of our fans used to chant "Keogh, Keogh, Keogh" at games.

Just think, Bobby Zamora could have had a play-off final hattrick to his name if we'd have played them all at once in 2014!

Edited by Coconut

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I didn't realise Keogh was just one of a set of triplets! Absolutely terrifying.

Maybe it's just me, and everyone else knew? It would explain why some of our fans used to chant "Keogh, Keogh, Keogh" at games.

Just think, Bobby Zamora could have had a play-off final hattrick to his name if we'd have played them all at once in 2014!

Reminds me of those twins in the Shining but with a flake on top RED RUM.

image.png.d3d8ea35e6d50645d21add94ef296d51.png

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

In fairness, I was told his arrangement at MK Dons was on a pay-as-you-play basis - and not very much even when he did play. You have to assume that Huddersfield are paying him a contract and he's had the carrot of an extra year dangled too?

If that’s true, ok, he’s guaranteed himself 4 months wages, something we all would do....although there’s still a little bit of me says, he’s been on a decent wage for a number of years, see it out at MK and you will have proven your fitness for the summer where you can earn a 1/2 year deal. 

Keogh's having a pretty good month: Derby set to pay Richard Keogh £2million after he won an appeal over his dismissal | Daily Mail Online 

He's owed £2m, apparently, although Derby are planning their own appeal of the appeal. 

You just can't write it. 

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Keogh's having a pretty good month: Derby set to pay Richard Keogh £2million after he won an appeal over his dismissal | Daily Mail Online 

He's owed £2m, apparently, although Derby are planning their own appeal of the appeal. 

You just can't write it. 

Trying not to go round the houses with this one but if that is true its a mockery. Club captain smashes up his leg and is unfit to play for over a year, knowingly getting in a car with someone whose been drinking and doesn't even bother with a belt.  If he can't fulfil his contract through his own gross stupidity the club should have got rid of him straight away and not offered reduced terms while was unfit to play which muddied the water. Unfortunately his legacy at Derby will be a missed kick at Wembley and the final nail in administration at this rate.  Captain my captain.

30 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You just can't write it. 

Tell him the sheikh is in the post!