Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I was disappointed that Sibley didn’t start instead of Shinnie with us playing a back 3 and worried about creativity but I thought Shinnie was MOM. Let’s just hope the Rotherham game was a blip with so little time to prepare. ????

Rotherham was odd, pitch was a lot worse than last night but it was the attitude that seemed so strange.  It was like watching Cocu's side.  Not sure whether not being paid or the takeover stuff unsettled them.  Or was it the after effects of the virus or the inability to train as a squad.  I suppose at a professional sport level things only need to be a tiny bit off for it to have an impact.  Just hoping that was an off day because if we continue to play like last night we will be fine

25 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Rotherham was odd, pitch was a lot worse than last night but it was the attitude that seemed so strange.  It was like watching Cocu's side.  Not sure whether not being paid or the takeover stuff unsettled them.  Or was it the after effects of the virus or the inability to train as a squad.  I suppose at a professional sport level things only need to be a tiny bit off for it to have an impact.  Just hoping that was an off day because if we continue to play like last night we will be fine

Seemed to me like they had all taken sleeping pills tonight's performance totally different they looked up to it from the start. Play like we did tonight and we'll have no problems staying up. Well done lads ?

when your backs against the wall and you need someone with balls of steel to help you out , step forward Matt Clarke and Graeme Shinnie , immense performances from the pair of you , you two stood out in a team full of desire , passion and commitment, Pride Park would have been rocking with the fans roaring you over the line

Well done lads COYR

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

Rotherham are trying very hard as a group whilst Bournemouth seem expectant and plenty of them didn’t want to put the effort in 

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Rotherham are trying very hard as a group whilst Bournemouth seem expectant and plenty of them didn’t want to put the effort in 

Yes, Rotherham made the game ugly. 

Long balls in the air which we did okay with but which meant sustained possession was harder. 

Constant harrying and cheap free kicks meant we couldn't get any tempo. 

They had bags of energy. We looked like we had little. 

Last night, Bournemouth played the ball on the ground more and that meant our tigerish midfield had more chance to intercept and counter. 

We're a good side on the floor but not so proficient in the air. 

That's why we tend to do better against the better footballing sides. 

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Waghorn for Kazim = different style of play

McDonald for Jozwiak = same style of play?

You've lost me

We wouldn't be able to have a breather as Waghorn can't hold the ball up like CKR

McDonald similar to Jozwiak because he would run with ball, just slightly more defensive minded

I thought leaving CKR on and bringing McDonald on were good calls by Mr. Rooney

10 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

It was a firmly tongue in cheek comment buddy, hence the laughing emoji!! Pretty sure all of my posts tonight were glowing praise for Wazza and the lads  ?‍♀️ 

@86 Hair Islands I should have probably quoted all the folk that were being serious about bringing subs on, especially Waghorn and Sibley after their contributions lately, especially the Rotherham game. But there were that many folk on here shouting out for subs, then I'd have been quoting all night long!

As Wazza said after the game "Character, Mentality, Attitude, Work Rate, Desire" and that's what the majority of our players had that were already on the pitch last night. Here's hoping the same lads carry that on in future games when the extra minutes they had on the pitch, makes them fitter, stronger, hungrier for more success.

3 hours ago, James Pond said:

Or for us old uns...11.706633 miles?

If that figure is correct, that's a tad over 100 minutes for a half marathon, and playing football at the same time.

Perhaps the guy who's (rather foolishly) planning to run a half marathon every time we win, should kick a football in front of him at the same time.

Mind you, probably easier than the Swiss chef who used to run the London Marathon tossing a pancake in a small but heavy pan. I caught up with him one year and had a brief chat. Nice bloke. He didn't seem insane.

20 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

If that figure is correct, that's a tad over 100 minutes for a half marathon, and playing football at the same time.

Perhaps the guy who's (rather foolishly) planning to run a half marathon every time we win, should kick a football in front of him at the same time.

Mind you, probably easier than the Swiss chef who used to run the London Marathon tossing a pancake in a small but heavy pan. I caught up with him one year and had a brief chat. Nice bloke. He didn't seem insane.

Having recently finished dragging my lardy rotund figure through a couch to 5k torture app.....I still view the idea of "running" or "jogging" or (in my case) "advanced waddling" as somewhat insane. The notion of doing if for "fun" possibly grounds for sectioning under the mental health act.

Well we gave bourmonth all they can and more Derby was quick and sharp they did not know who to pick up special in first half. We looked every time we went forward we looked like scoring goals. But our defence was rock solid but massive shout out to George Evans and roos he made some good save but over all he did not have a lot to do.

But now QPR at there place this will be another tricky game Derby shall need to do more the same win that midfield battles early on but also play our attacking football. This is also when defand at our best also.

11 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Without scrolling back , has anyone praised Kelle Roos for his performance ? I'm sure if he had dropped a clanger there would be about 6 new threads on him .He  HAS to stay in side Saturday .

Never had a problem with him in the first place, he's a good keeper. Makes good saves, great distribution. He dropped a clanger at wembley and since then fans just can't get off his back. It was the same with Keogh for years.

24 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Without scrolling back , has anyone praised Kelle Roos for his performance ? I'm sure if he had dropped a clanger there would be about 6 new threads on him .He  HAS to stay in side Saturday . ?

Yes quite a few...me included and I was a big critic of his, The few games he's played this season he looks more assured than previous seasons, I think Kelle Roos is a keeper that feeds off confidence...noting that there are NO bad vibes coming from the stands and protected more by our more motivated defence.

Here’s as good a place as any to put this. 

I didn’t listen to the match, or follow along here as I usually would because I was finishing a grant application with a deadline of 11am this morning. I worked on it til 2am, and then got up at 7am to finish it off. I finished at 10:45. Then I triumphantly got up and ran to my wife to revel in my victory. 

then I came back to my computer at 11:05 and realised that I hadn’t hit the submit button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the morale of the story is, don’t bother trying to do anything, just listen to / watch Derby matches. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2021 at 18:10, TigerTedd said:

Here’s as good a place as any to put this. 

I didn’t listen to the match, or follow along here as I usually would because I was finishing a grant application with a deadline of 11am this morning. I worked on it til 2am, and then got up at 7am to finish it off. I finished at 10:45. Then I triumphantly got up and ran to my wife to revel in my victory. 

then I came back to my computer at 11:05 and realised that I hadn’t hit the submit button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the morale of the story is, don’t bother trying to do anything, just listen to / watch Derby matches. 

What happened next, what happened next? Was it still accepted, don’t leave us dangling @TigerTedd

On 20/01/2021 at 09:05, Spanish said:

Rotherham have just beaten Boro 3-0. They do the basics very well.

Archived