Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

Thank you for mentioning Buchanan, @BramcoteRam84 - I too thought he did really well to come back so strong after Saturday. Similarly Knight, not at his very best but much improved.

Goals win games so I understand the plaudits for Bielik, but I thought Shinnie was superb this evening. 

Regarding CKR non-substitution, Ryan Conway said he indicated to bench he wanted to stay on. Whether they should have listened to him or not is another matter, but we won so all is well (hope he's fit for Saturday.)

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing.  I completely forgot we were playing!! Only just seen the result. Bravo to the lads as I thought we’d be getting a tonking going by Saturday’s performance. Think I may have to be more absent minded towards a few more games until we’re well clear of relegation trouble...

2 hours ago, dajstrawb said:

Absolutely disagree here. We’d go as controlled the game up to then. Bringing on completely different style players to the ones that had got us in that position could have easily upset the balance. Bringing on McDonald was a great call to give us an outlet down the right. Situation didn’t call for Waggy or Sibley

Waghorn for Kazim = different style of play

McDonald for Jozwiak = same style of play?

You've lost me

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

did you watch that on ramstv, wizzy is the most vocal and supportive player in the side.  He does get tied and he has his limitations but he is an important part of the defence which is actually quite good in Championship levels

Nah Sky.....in between party games for my daughter's bday. Never question his desire and effort i just always expect him to tread on the ball and fall over. 

1 minute ago, Rev said:

What a result tonight. Coughed and followed through twice, but the cotton back line held firm and protected the light cotton denim on both occasions.

How did the football go?

Always defend with two solid banks. Good work.

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thank you for mentioning Buchanan, @BramcoteRam84 - I too thought he did really well to come back so strong after Saturday. Similarly Knight, not at his very best but much improved.

Goals win games so I understand the plaudits for Bielik, but I thought Shinnie was superb this evening. 

Regarding CKR non-substitution, Ryan Conway said he indicated to bench he wanted to stay on. Whether they should have listened to him or not is another matter, but we won so all is well (hope he's fit for Saturday.)

I think I'd rather have a half fit CKR defending corners and free kicks, than a fully fit, but out of sorts Waggy.

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Was touching cloth when Wizzy sliced around the post.

Not sure what else he could have done tbf - the ball bounced, with pace about half a yard / a yard away from him, no time to react, couldn't get out of the way, couldn't adjust to get good contact on it. I'm not sure anyone else would have dealt with it any differently.

Clarke's scored a couple of own goals from easier situations.

48 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I think Wazza has faith and shows faith in the lads and after our Rotherham performance he knows the importance of getting his current strongest team match fit and he believed in the players to see the game out for the final result.

I don't understand quite a few folk wanting Waghorn or Sibley on the pitch from the bench, after their recent performances.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It was a firmly tongue in cheek comment buddy, hence the laughing emoji!! Pretty sure all of my posts tonight were glowing praise for Wazza and the lads  ?‍♀️ 

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Great to see some positivity from pretty much everyone on here after tonight. Great win and great performance but hate to tell you folks, we played miles better against Wednesday and Preston, yet those games were met with derision by a few on here. 

To get out of this we need a consistent level of performance and with the exception of Rotherham we have had this. Clearly Covid disruption had an impact for that game, not players with Covid but the disruption of no training and time off. It was always going to have an effect.

We need reinforcements to give us options to change things when it isn’t working, but even if we sign no one, Rooney has the tools to get us out of this, this team should not be where it is, everyone says it opposition managers, pundits. It is a team that was badly underperforming and hopefully now showing signs of recovery. I would rather have our squad than any of the bottom 6-8 clubs (maybe with exception of Forest) and that’s why I’m adamant we’ll survive, provided we continue this level of performance.

Big shout out to Bielik, Shinnie and Byrne tonight who were all immense, Byrne probably by MOTM but Bielik very deserving. He’s massively important to us, quality player and a big confident personality, exactly what we need. Also big shout out for Buchanan, had his worst ever game on Saturday, started tonight with a couple of mistakes but really came back with a strong performance. Could easily have played Fozzy tonight but Buchanan has repaid Rooney’s faith.

Big Shout to Wazza also. Bold to go 3-4-3 to match them and it worked. Very impressed with his interview. A born leader, has an aura, real gravitas. You would’ve thought he’d been a manager for 10 years. Always remember Clement’s monotone interviews when he was reciting a coaching manual.

Been here before though, need to follow it up now 

So if we survive.......tonight Matthew @BramcoteRam84 is ....... music video 80s GIF

Really proud of our boys tonight we were brilliant to a man I thought Shinniesta was mom but difficult to choose 

also and he rarely gets a mention ...Nathan Byrne ...a great signing , defends well and always a threat going forward ...if anyone thought we’d miss Bogle we had nothing to fear ...also CKR... even when he’s tired and someone goes past him in the last few mins he sticks a toe out chasing back to nick the ball ...I don’t think we’ve had a striker like him with so much endeavour and work rate ...hope the youngsters coming through can replicate his work ethic well done tonight team including manager and coaches  ??????

Here is something that I don't think is being driven into the #afcb players enough. EVERY TEAM in this league sees us as a scalp.

Yep . When I started following this club was always my ambition to see Derby beat Bournemouth. Never thought it would happen- normally because there at least two leagues below. Massive scalp eh.

Archived