Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, sage said:

CKR could barely walk at times. Waggy should have come on IMO.

I think he does see Sibley as a liability defensively and in terms of discipline.

He got backheeled kicked in the rear end, Not nice, Could struggle for Saturday

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

On that basis, you could probably say everyone only played well in parts. I'm sure, as well as they played, pretty much everyone must have made one mistake during the game.

The wisdom incident was a muddle. Can't remember many/any others to be honest. 

Several of them did not have great games. Bielik in particular will play much better than that. But the point was they were well set up and they showed terrific energy, light years away from Rotherham. Loved it. Really loved Shinnie and Byrne.  And Clark is so dependable it’s just dull 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Several of them did not have great games. Bielik in particular will play much better than that. But the point was they were well set up and they showed terrific energy, light years away from Rotherham. Loved it. Really loved Shinnie and Byrne.  And Clark is so dependable it’s just dull 

you're a pretty tough audience!  Thought we would get spanked the way they started with fast strong football.  I thought they were good but we matched and bettered them.  Get used to seeing Bielik looking less influential.  The league now know how dangerous he can be and mark him according, when he has a reasonable game and scores the winner he is playing very well

Good battling performance and 3 well earned points.

The difference in effort between tonight and last Saturday was massive even if the quality was still lacking.

My big concern is our lack of squad depth will mean some players will be blowing out of their arris within 20 minutes of kick off at the weekend and we could end up with another Rotherham type performance. 

Hopefully the coaching staff will manage the players well enough between now and then to ensure they are ready. 

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Good battling performance and 3 well earned points.

The difference in effort between tonight and last Saturday was massive even if the quality was still lacking.

My big concern is our lack of squad depth will mean some players will be blowing out of their arris within 20 minutes of kick off at the weekend and we could end up with another Rotherham type performance. 

Hopefully the coaching staff will manage the players well enough between now and then to ensure they are ready. 

Playing on a Tuesday should help in that that regard..

31 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Does this atone him for his other howlers. It's a start I guess. 

It doesn’t, but there’s nothing wrong with giving the guy some credit for producing a save that earned us 2 extra points tonight. 

6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Good battling performance and 3 well points.

Don’t believe it was effort ...it was about sharpness and a COVID / interrupted training hangover. Very fine margins in football. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I said it's a start so recognised that.

Through what appeared like gritted teeth. Just don’t see the need to bring up the past. Played well tonight, sometimes it’s just nice to leave it at that

Well done Derby - great response to the Saturday result.

Credit also to Rooney for setting up the team in exactly the right way to combat Bournemouth. Whilst the formation looked incredibly defensive, it gave us a real platform to soak up pressure relatively easily & initiate attacks. Time & time again Shinnie or Bielik were nicking possession & moving it up the park. Thought the 3 CBs worked really well & we saw a lot of Byrne & Buchanan - who had 3 glorious chances between them. 

Final 10 mins were a little fraught but showed real grit to see out the result after losing so many late goals this season. Got to say, did think we invited more pressure than was necessary by underusing subs yet again. Kazim was clearly struggling but Waghorn never came on - also thought introduction of Sibley could have seen us put the game to bed on the counter. Particularly when the team worked as hard as they did tonight, I just don't understand the reluctance to put on fresh legs & waste some time.

Really difficult call for MOM - Clarke, Shinnie & Bielik were all excellent but Bielik shades it with his goal, bravery in playing on after a bad cut & his presence around the pitch. Also honourable mention for Evans who I thought was very good tonight (that tackle on Danjuma!) - there's a good CB emerging there. He needs more games.

A good battling performance, again thought Bielik was very good, with Clarke, and full backs in good form, Jozwiak scared them to death when he ran at them, and have to mention that save from Roos, not his biggest fan, but a great save tonight. 

Looking forward to Saturday night, need to carry with the same effort and energy, then hopefully another 3 points could be on the board. 

Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t really get the ultra defensive line up.

No-one expects us to win. It’s a free hit. Go for it.

Instead it looks like we are trying to be cute and pinch a point and will probably lose 0-2 anyway.

ultra defensive?...........free hit?....................it was another championship game..........we worked hard and won 1-0 anyway!

Archived