Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If I'm the only person who brings up subject matter regarding players from their past then I'm guilty as charged. 

Think you'll find though it's not singular to myself. 

Didn’t say you were. Just that on opening this topic, I came across your post and chose to reply to it. 

I’m sure there are others that sarcastically applauded Roos on is save, as they did at Pride Park in their numbers. 

Had I seen one before yours I would have replied to that. 

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the usual fan favourites played well so special mention to others who sometimes dont credit. Amazing save from Roos to hold the lead. Hopefully it builds his confidence. Evans came in from the cold in a highly pressured game, gave his all and made some key interceptions. Did his job quietly and really efficiently. Shinnie is becoming a real favourite as he is a reliable workhorse who always just does the job. Also well played Byrne. Finally I thought Macdonald was an effective sub as he made good runs and was in good positions getting the focus away from danger. Seemed more effective coming on than some of the other youngsters recently. Enjoyed it

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

In that situation the keeper just needs to dominate. Wizzy assumed he would do so. He didn’t. So Wizzy is left in a pickle (which he didn’t handle so well). The second that ball was struck Roos should have been advancing. Instead he came 2 seconds later and only made it half way 

We’ll that’s how I saw it anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

The way I’ve always understood it as a player many moons ago is safety first, the worst thing that happens is you p/ss off your keeper than so be it. Wizzy should not assume anything with a striker breathing down his neck.

That’s how I see it, regardless of who the defender and keeper may be.

One of those tough decisions they didn’t score so it worked out didn’t it?

1 minute ago, David said:

Didn’t say you were. Just that on opening this topic, I came across your post and chose to reply to it. 

I’m sure there are others that sarcastically applauded Roos on is save, as they did at Pride Park in their numbers. 

Had I seen one before yours I would have replied to that. 

Yes sorry wasn't trying to say you were particularly picking on me, was just trying to put across the point rightly or wrongly some fans have very long memories.

Am sure there are still supporters who blame Keogh for the playoff final against QPR for example. 

6 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

The way I’ve always understood it as a player many moons ago is safety first, the worst thing that happens is you p/ss off your keeper than so be it. Wizzy should not assume anything with a striker breathing down his neck.

understand the thinking. But the worst thing that happens is you collide with your keeper   Double concussion plus a goal. 

11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Changing your mind on Wazza yet?

Evans ...very capable. Makes you wonder why Cocu ever bothered bringing Dutschmyke in?!

Not at this point. I've just posted in the 'relegation' thread about my ongoing concerns overall that aren't resolved by this admittedly impressive result.

Look forward to seeing how he sets us up for QPR. Would expect them to be much more compact than Bournemouth & to look to nullify Bielik (like Rotherham did but with better control of the football) - a challenge which calls for us to be proactive & imaginative. 

Guess Cocu rated Te Wierik's leadership & technical skills - Evans definitely has the latter but is positionally better & stronger in the air also. Crazy to think we started the season with people thinking Bielik was a CB and Evans a midfielder!!

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Enjoyed listening to what he had to say, no fluff and honest. If we mess him about and he goes I will regret it. I honestly believe he will be very good for us if we are straight with him.

Over to you money men.

He has a very calm and measured way of saying what he has to say, reminds me a little bit of Bob Paisley.

10 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Agree 100%! Clear the ball into row Z and argue about it later!.No excuse for messing about.

Happy that I was wrong to worry about the team selection.

Rooney got it spot on, a big positive. Outstanding team effort - back to the good performances under Rooney’s leadership. I’ve not been a fan of Evans but he was great today. What a brilliantly timed ‘Bobby Moore’ tackle in the first half. In fact there was some fantastic block tackles by Evans, Shinnie and Byrne. A real team performance with Bielik being the star. 

Still a little concerned by the lack of subs, CKR was buggered after 70, it breaks the game up. Kudos to Roos for an outstanding save, he gets a raw deal from Derby fans, I like him.

Onwards and upwards for QPR, we owe them one still! 

Great to see some positivity from pretty much everyone on here after tonight. Great win and great performance but hate to tell you folks, we played miles better against Wednesday and Preston, yet those games were met with derision by a few on here. 

To get out of this we need a consistent level of performance and with the exception of Rotherham we have had this. Clearly Covid disruption had an impact for that game, not players with Covid but the disruption of no training and time off. It was always going to have an effect.

We need reinforcements to give us options to change things when it isn’t working, but even if we sign no one, Rooney has the tools to get us out of this, this team should not be where it is, everyone says it opposition managers, pundits. It is a team that was badly underperforming and hopefully now showing signs of recovery. I would rather have our squad than any of the bottom 6-8 clubs (maybe with exception of Forest) and that’s why I’m adamant we’ll survive, provided we continue this level of performance.

Big shout out to Bielik, Shinnie and Byrne tonight who were all immense, Byrne probably by MOTM but Bielik very deserving. He’s massively important to us, quality player and a big confident personality, exactly what we need. Also big shout out for Buchanan, had his worst ever game on Saturday, started tonight with a couple of mistakes but really came back with a strong performance. Could easily have played Fozzy tonight but Buchanan has repaid Rooney’s faith.

Big Shout to Wazza also. Bold to go 3-4-3 to match them and it worked. Very impressed with his interview. A born leader, has an aura, real gravitas. You would’ve thought he’d been a manager for 10 years. Always remember Clement’s monotone interviews when he was reciting a coaching manual.

Been here before though, need to follow it up now 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Think that last 15 minutes cost me a year off my life. Chuffed to bits. We were running on empty at the end but we were the better side on the night and value for the win.

Well done lads and fair play Wazza, but please, next time use the feckin bench!!! ?

I think Wazza has faith and shows faith in the lads and after our Rotherham performance he knows the importance of getting his current strongest team match fit and he believed in the players to see the game out for the final result.

I don't understand quite a few folk wanting Waghorn or Sibley on the pitch from the bench, after their recent performances.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Archived