Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I know you hate him but really there are many others at fault today

Yes we are all at fault for wasting our hard earnt money on contributing to football players wages (when they get them) or better still their lucky entitlement in life to play football for a very privileged living and represent the football club we all support.

I'm about 20 years older than him and I would have stoped that second ball, cross coming in to the box today for their goal especially after just being suspended, and showed a hell of a lot more desire, and I've been running and walking behind a bin lorry all week covering at least 60 miles, loading waste bins during a pandemic for very little reward.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Did someone say the pitch had been worked on? Looked awful to me, really bad!! 

The pitch is a metaphor for us as a club - looked pretty good a few seasons back but now looks tired and not fit for purpose. 

I still think we will will stay up. Who the hell said dry January was a good idea?

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Yeah, I did notice that but he should have steam rollered him out of the way. He'd have probably got himself a foul that way but he dithered and the rest as you say, is history. Another Saturday night ruined. I'm off for a kebab and then I'm gonna get bladdered. ??

I think the problem for Roos was the Rotherham player had the momentum as he was running in, whereas Roos had a standing start. Hard to steam roller someone who has the momentum.

Enjoy the beer.....we need something to lighten the mood at the moment!

Today looked like a team that’s had 2 weeks off with Covid outbreak. Don’t think off field matters can be blamed. Poor performances from many players. Too many touches back 4 setting the tone for the rest of the team, not showing same belief on the ball. 

For all doom mongers waiting for this opportunity to pounce - this level of performance has not been the norm for the 9 games preceding this. A return to those performances which this team is capable of will see us get out of this. It can change very quickly as we’ve proven already. 

Performances like today will see us relegated no question. It was nowhere near good enough. The only positive is we have another game on Tuesday to put it right. 

With injuries to Lawrence, Holmes and Marriott leaving we’re light on options to change games when it isn’t working. That is where the takeover clarity (either way) needs sorting.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We aren't staying up,there will be no life saving,last minute takeover and Rooney won't be the manager once he realises we can't even pay him for this season,never mind the next.

Our fight back starts next season with a young manager and our recruitment of cheap but talented and unknown lower league and Scottish players who will fight for their shirts every week.

It's going to be a very,very different Derby county and we are going to have to lose our championship attitude to the game and the opposition if we are going to get any enjoyment out of the next few years.

Sadly, I think you're right. We will have to adjust our expectations, accept we're likely to a fish in a different pond but not have any illusions that we'll be a particularly big fish.

Depressing thought but, we just need to accept it for what it is and enjoy any good times in a lower league that may come around.

I don't ever remember being this down after a game so, I'm trying to talk myself into a better state of mind.

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Yeah, I did notice that but he should have steam rollered him out of the way. He'd have probably got himself a foul that way but he dithered and the rest as you say, is history. Another Saturday night ruined. I'm off for a kebab and then I'm gonna get bladdered. ??

aahhh.....the simple pleasures........I'm with you brother (well, apart from the fact its a homecooked lasagne rather than a kebab awiating me but i know which i'd prefer right now....)

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Sorry, I'm not laughing at you, just laughing because it's so typical that Roos comes in and make a mistake costing us the game. Although there's others to blame as well. Sibley got an assist though, which is nice.

I'm not a Roos fan but he did well overall today. It can't have helped in the goal to have Wisdom push one of their players into him!

We need a centre-half, a striker at least. CH first please, Wisdom is awful.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Or we can do what the likes of Southampton did IIRC when they went to League One, maybe others too, and play our youngsters together to create a young energetic attacking team with verve and go up through the leagues, with an established way of playing and a team that knows each other well. It can be hard (as we're seeing) to blood so many youngsters at Championship level. 

Not so very different from what I suggested and in reality it will probably be a combination of the two.

To be honest I'm pretty accepting of it it's likelihood now as it is actually more attractive than what we are currently going through at the moment.

It's like witnessing a horrible divorce taking place,it's nasty and heartwrending and everyone will be better off when it's done,even if we end up in a smaller house.....

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

The pitch just about sums this football club up. 

At a time when the results of your team can give you a glimmer of hope in an otherwise dismal, gloomy, largely unenjoyable, period of our lives - we get this served to us. 

Can't pass, can't tackle, can't stop conceding stupid fouls, can't control a ball, can't score, can't prepare a pitch, can't pay our players, can't get proof of funds, can't show any sort of quality.

It's an absolute shambles. 

There’s only person you can lay this on regrettably. Blundered into a cul de sac. Way out vanishing by the day.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Or we can do what the likes of Southampton did IIRC when they went to League One, maybe others too, and play our youngsters together to create a young energetic attacking team with verve and go up through the leagues, with an established way of playing and a team that knows each other well. It can be hard (as we're seeing) to blood so many youngsters at Championship level. 

Possibly, or wishful thinking?

Need stronger fitter players with fire in their bellies and enough skill to consistently get the basics right. Not luxury players which I think we have too many of at the moment

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The performance of a League One side, which is exactly where we’re heading. There’s no doubt about it anymore, we’ve proven there isn’t 3 teams worse than us in this League. Anyone who thinks we’re going to survive needs their head examining.

Scary thing is that most of our worst matches this season have been against the teams that play League 1 style - honestly wouldn't fancy our chances down there...

Right I’ve sussed out what’s gone on.... Rooney texts his mate Ronaldo and says ‘I’m packing this playing malarkey in mate’. ‘Done enough now. What would you dare me to do after playing?’ And Ronaldo texts back saying ‘I dare you to take managers job at Derby County’. Thinking ‘not even Wazza would be that daft’ ..... well up yours Ronnie euro 2016 portugal GIF

Just now, Kenavo said:

Scary thing is that most of our worst matches this season have been against the teams that play League 1 style - honestly wouldn't fancy our chances down there...

Same here. We’re on such a bad trajectory at the moment, that I could foresee back to back relegations. That’s if the club is still in existence, of course.

Archived