Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

On the radio-MK Dons have accepted a bid from a championship club for Keogh and he's indicated he's desperate to pursue it .  Welcome back Richard? ??

Nothing,I repeat nothing would surprise me this season......I could witness Elvis Presley himself slip on our number 9 shirt and just shrug my shoulders. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Wisdom has been awful for almost all of the time since he came back in. He gets nowhere near stuff in the air, he very rarely picks his man up - the closest he got today was to shove him in the back. He looks like a pub player.

He did save a goal mind.

I do agree he's no centre back, poor in the air, reactive rather than proactive, even his clearances are with pillow feet.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've had this, who on earth would be able to get this lot to play any better coming in with no knowledge of them?

We created chances today. We'd look better with a striker on the pitch neither Richards nor Waghorn earnt that title today - who would you have put up front?!

Someone who has actually been a manager.... you know someone with experience like Chris Hughton at Forest who is steering them away from danger at the moment. Again, I don't claim to definitively know they would be better- but your claim that no-one could do better is beyond ridiculous. 

I'm not the manager. Personally, I wouldn't have benched Sibley against a team who needed to be stretched out of their shape but i understand why he benched him after sheffield wednesday. If we couldn't win today we needed to make sure we didn't lose, playing Buchanan instead of forsyth was a mistake as well i would suggest. 

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

He did save a goal mind.

I do agree he's no centre back, poor in the air, reactive rather than proactive, even his clearances are with pillow feet.

Trouble is though he's not really comfortable playing anywhere is he? Too big and slow for RB but not mobile enough to play at centre half , really not sure were he fits in , but with us only having clarke as a recognised central defender we have no choice but to throw wizzie every game , one of the sorry stated we have got ourselves in out of many 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Someone who has actually been a manager.... you know someone with experience like Chris Hughton at Forest who is steering them away from danger at the moment.

Compare their squad to ours and let me know how it goes.

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Someone who has actually been a manager.... you know someone with experience like Chris Hughton at Forest who is steering them away from danger at the moment. Again, I don't claim to definitively know they would be better- but your claim that no-one could do better is beyond ridiculous. 

I'm not the manager. Personally, I wouldn't have benched Sibley against a team who needed to be stretched out of their shape but i understand why he benched him after sheffield wednesday. If we couldn't win today we needed to make sure we didn't lose, playing Buchanan instead of forsyth was a mistake as well i would suggest. 

It's a redundant tedious argument that I stay well away from but reappears with grinding monotony on here.

Name me a manager who could do better than blah blah.

Then a list of candidates gets ventured which then systematically gets shot down by one of the protagonists proving or disproving nothing.

Rinse and repeat.

That was grim.

We don't make any substitutes until way too late, but since we don't really have anyone on the bench it doesn't particularly matter.

Why we try to win corners or put crosses into the box is absolutely beyond me. We have nobody other than Forsyth (who wasn't even playing) who can actually cross a ball and most of the time we don't have anyone in the box anyway.

Watching our defenders start going forward, stop, turn around and then pass back to another defender or the keeper 300 times per game just to give the opposition time to organise fully again is bad for my health. Wisdom is especially bad for this - seems completely incapable of playing a forward pass.

Forward line is completely impotent, but what do you expect when two of them are Waghorn and Kazim. Midfield isn't great either - they work hard, but there is no creativity there either. 

All the opposition need to do it mark Bielik out of the game and that is game over for us.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Waghorn should score but doesn’t .... surprise 

Rubbish. He got a shot off. The way to goal was blocked by the defender to his left .. it wasn’t a bad effort and Joz was really good to pick him out, to score from that would have been miraculous  .. hey, it was a scrappy game with precious little football, we didn’t play well,  but having a pop at Waggy who put a decent shift in isn’t really cricket is it ? 

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

even his clearances are with pillow feet

? love this, pillow feet. I won’t be able to watch him again without thinking about his pillow feet now???? made my night cheers ? 

Archived