Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful performance. Byrne and Shinnie were Ok. Roos had little to do. Best team won.

On the positive I've managed to drink all the home brew lager I was given for Xmas. It's a bit cloudy so the results will probably not arrive till tomorrow. COYR

Just now, Rammy03 said:

Nothing is against us. We're just a shambles off the pitch and not good enough on it. Simple as that.

I'd argue fluffing our lines against Wednesday only for us to then have covid and then play Rotherham half cooked is not ideal. Although i do agree that at the end of the day we are in the bottom 3 on merit.

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

If Rotheram can win the two games in hand, we are a minimum two games won to getting out of the relegation zone and that's with the teams above us picking up 0 points!!

Starting to panic now.

Accept it and you’ll feel less panicky . We are going down. No question

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

And there's only one man responsible for that, Mel Morris. 

He let experienced players go such as Keogh, Johnson, Huddlestone, Martin, Bryson and replaced them with kids. You just can't do that. The squad is paper thin. 

We currently have only one fit recognised centre back. We need players urgently and not from the academy. 

Keogh let himself go by not accepting the reduced contract offer. Johnson we couldn't give away as his wages were so obscene no one would touch him.

But yes we've been guilty of allowing our most saleable assets to run their contracts down meaning we then have to replace at full market value again and start from scratch. 

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

No excuses for a totally inept performance, simply dreadful and a hard watch.

Problem is, looking at the bench, we have nothing, sibley maybe but even then we are pinning our hopes on a youngster who has a handful of good games at best, as being the saviour.

Knight is not a winger, he added nothing for me today, Waghorn the same, the full backs were our main attacking option and yet we didn't have any players in the box when they were in positions to get the ball in and when we did, they were reluctant to put it in.

Having Holmes in the squad for me is better than not, Lawrence at least gives you the chance of getting a goal out of nothing, that's how bad our squad has become ?hit the. All in the head 

Hit the nail on the head , 1 recognised fit centre half , other than jozwiak we basically have no good wingers , and kazim is being played every game as our only striker , we don't have enough in the starting 11 let alone the bench too

16 minutes ago, admira said:

What a lacklustre performance. We need that takeover over the line, some money coming in and some new signings. How many late goals is that this season?

Buchanan and Byrne played ok. Waghorn mainly anonymous.  

Thought Byrne was good all game. Clark good after some early blunders. Nothing else positive to say. Someone else needs the armband 

The pitch just about sums this football club up. 

At a time when the results of your team can give you a glimmer of hope in an otherwise dismal, gloomy, largely unenjoyable, period of our lives - we get this served to us. 

Can't pass, can't tackle, can't stop conceding stupid fouls, can't control a ball, can't score, can't prepare a pitch, can't pay our players, can't get proof of funds, can't show any sort of quality.

It's an absolute shambles. 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

My scape goat is Roos. Should have come and claimed/punched the ball before it came off Sibleys head. He's too indecisive in those situations. Having said that we got out of that game what we put in. 

It can be easily explained by our lack of action recently. However if we continue to put in performances like that then we're in big trouble. 

Sorry, I'm not laughing at you, just laughing because it's so typical that Roos comes in and make a mistake costing us the game. Although there's others to blame as well. Sibley got an assist though, which is nice.

1 minute ago, Cook1988 said:

Was knight captain? We are in big trouble, we need at least 5 experienced players if not more NOW. Bench is not good enough 

League one here we come!!! 

I remember the days when there was only one on the bench. Had to rely on 12 players, what has changed that means need need so many on the bench. Less  fit? Less adaptable players or systems? 

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

My scape goat is Roos. Should have come and claimed/punched the ball before it came off Sibleys head. He's too indecisive in those situations. Having said that we got out of that game what we put in. 

It can be easily explained by our lack of action recently. However if we continue to put in performances like that then we're in big trouble. 

To be fair to Roos a Rotherham player deliberately came across and blocked him. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Sorry, I'm not laughing at you, just laughing because it's so typical that Roos comes in and make a mistake costing us the game. Although there's others to blame as well. Sibley got an assist though, which is nice.

No worries, I'm used to being laughed at. Liked the Sibley assist line. Put me in a quandary though. Didn't know whether to laugh at or like your post. I took the safe option.  ?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just looked in the fridge and there was a bottle with instructions saying to mix sparkling wine, syrup and tonic. Is it different to that?

The one I had was ice, gin, thatchers cloudy, apple slices and lemon slices. 

That may be a different cocktail kit.

3 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Awful performance. Byrne and Shinnie were Ok. Roos had little to do. Best team won.

On the positive I've managed to drink all the home brew lager I was given for Xmas. It's a bit cloudy so the results will probably not arrive till tomorrow. COYR

Doesn’t need to be home brew for a clear out. 
And here’s a random shot of the bar from my local from way back when we won a game or two 

9AE85723-0A00-4C33-9CC0-FA6617E01269.jpeg

Archived