Derby County vs Rotherham (in theory)

cannable

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Have you considered that it might not be doom mongering but merely a fair reading of the situation?

People can’t be accused of being negative any more, surely?

We have to face up to the reality of the situation.

We are in big trouble.

Of course we’re in big trouble. Because of the games we played before Rooney took over. We were nearly cut adrift from the whole league. All I’m saying is those that continually say we don’t have the quality or Rooney isn’t the man IMO are wrong. The 9 games preceding this have proved we are good enough to get out of it. 

Today was a performance we haven’t seen since Rooney took over. If that sort of performance continues for the next 5-7 games then we will be cut adrift and we will be heading down. I refuse to just disregard the positives since Rooney took over due to today. 

All together now...

I saw my mate, the other day,
He said that he'd seen a Young Ramsey.
So I asked, if he knew,
Does he look like our Boss Man Roo?

Boss man Roo, Boss man Roo, Does he look like our Boss Man Roo?

Our numbers ain't red,
Our shorts ain't blue,
But we'll still be back in '22.

We'll be back, We'll be back, we'll still be back, in '22.

51 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

The pitch is a metaphor for us as a club - looked pretty good a few seasons back but now looks tired and not fit for purpose. 

I still think we will will stay up. Who the hell said dry January was a good idea?

I might have a dry February 29th.

We out played Swansea, Whipped Birmingham, Today we lose to Rotherham, This confirms to me we are NOT too good to go down, What's happened and what's not happened since the 2 wins, A protracted takeover, Wages not paid, Isalation for the whole squad, Same goes for Rotherham concerning time out.

You need a good strength of character, Mentally Strong, And a whole team of Leaders, By all accounts from what I have read today...all were lacking, WR and his staff can only do so much, Words he was speaking yesterday were "this team are together"

To talk the talk is simple, Walking the walk is the hard part, 24 games to go WR where there are plenty of points to win, Off field needs to be sorted NOW!...if not I fear the worse.

Just listened to Rooney's post match interview and, whilst it doesn't take anything away from the disappointment of the performance and result, it was quite refreshing to hear him refuse to make excuse or even suggest there were any positives from today's game even when  Gibson tried to tempt him to with with talk of chances in the first half..

Of course, words count for nothing but at least he didn't talk about the team playing well or suggesting we deserved anything from the game.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not so very different from what I suggested and in reality it will probably be a combination of the two.

To be honest I'm pretty accepting of it it's likelihood now as it is actually more attractive than what we are currently going through at the moment.

It's like witnessing a horrible divorce taking place,it's nasty and heartwrending and everyone will be better off when it's done,even if we end up in a smaller house.....

Yeah I'm feeling the same way at the moment. It's as if it's all happening in slow motion and everyone can see it, but no one seems able to stop it. But I'd rather try to reap benefit from the Academy in League One than bring in lots of new players from other clubs.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yeah I'm feeling the same way at the moment. It's as if it's all happening in slow motion and everyone can see it, but no one seems able to stop it. But I'd rather try to reap benefit from the Academy in League One than bring in lots of new players from other clubs.

We can all see it but only the owners can help stop it - we need new players. TBH some experienced players 3 or 4 would probably tip the scales.

What was clearly noticeable today was our lack of options when we had the ball...no movement to come short and everyone sticking next to a Rotherham player...recently we’ve been passing and moving well and every player had at least 2 or 3 options when in the ball ...today when anyone got it we usually had one option ...it was a lazy performance and one we haven’t seen yet since Rooneys been in charge ...the rest of January for me will shape our season ...takeover and a few quality additions and we’ll be ok ...if not it is going to be a hard slog although I still feel we’ll get out of it ...just 

24 minutes ago, James Pond said:

We out played Swansea, Whipped Birmingham, Today we lose to Rotherham, This confirms to me we are NOT too good to go down, What's happened and what's not happened since the 2 wins, A protracted takeover, Wages not paid, Isalation for the whole squad, Same goes for Rotherham concerning time out.

You need a good strength of character, Mentally Strong, And a whole team of Leaders, By all accounts from what I have read today...all were lacking, WR and his staff can only do so much, Words he was speaking yesterday were "this team are together"

To talk the talk is simple, Walking the walk is the hard part, 24 games to go WR where there are plenty of points to win, Off field needs to be sorted NOW!...if not I fear the worse.

23 games to go sadly 

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

That was poor from start to finish and not one player could walk off the pitch and say he played well. Some were better than others, but not one had a good game. 

shocking ossie, knight was as usual running his ass off but rest poor very poor 

It's kinda what you get when you dont pay players I mean come on everyone,  gone are the days of playing for the club and shirt . This is all down to the lack of a takeover , so far their possibly going to take us over and be relegated by their own design , they have no one to blame bar themselves. 

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Just listened to Rooney's post match interview and, whilst it doesn't take anything away from the disappointment of the performance and result, it was quite refreshing to hear him refuse to make excuse or even suggest there were any positives from today's game even when  Gibson tried to tempt him to with with talk of chances in the first half..

Of course, words count for nothing but at least he didn't talk about the team playing well or suggesting we deserved anything from the game.

I have to say, I quite like the honest assessment after a bad performance, however Paul Jewell did this on a regular basis and I am not entirely sure that ended too well. 

Archived